UnderGround Forums How much hype does this Conor fight have around it

1/17/20 5:57 PM
9/18/12

Alot of people I know that made it a point to tune in the his fights and make a big deal about it didn't even know he was fighting this weekend until this week, if not at all. Obviously it's not for a belt or anything, but it just seems like way less people care lol. I don't know, maybe it's just around here. 

1/17/20 7:12 PM
6/27/02

Well they pretty much unsold it at the presser. All of a sudden it feels like a fight night card. 2 dudes coming off losses trying to get back on track. It feels like a very normal fight and the outcome is barely debatable. Cowboy giving us a "holy shit!" moment with the upset is the only thing that would make this memorable... however like I stated before that's highly unlikely. 

1/17/20 7:15 PM
10/27/12

Being caught on film punching an old seated man from behind at a bar is quite unforgivable for a lot of people, myself included. I dont think most casual viewers give a shit this time. Bad blood sells. When the analytics all come back in a few weeks you can bet he will be up to his old ways with his next opponent

Edited: 1/17/20 7:24 PM
12/7/18
Spiderknows -

Being caught on film punching an old seated man from behind at a bar is quite unforgivable for a lot of people, myself included. I dont think most casual viewers give a shit this time. Bad blood sells. When the analytics all come back in a few weeks you can bet he will be up to his old ways with his next opponent

Conor sold out the arena in 3 minutes and has done a 10million dollar gate. Conor had 200k viewers during the live stream of his conference. Conor broke a YouTube live streaming record. 150k live watched the live stream of Conor's weigh in just now. All the analytics are saying that in the real world Conor is even more popular then he was before. You internet dorks are living in your own little snowflake echo chambers and internet bubbles. Conor haters=liberals who voted for Hillary 

1/17/20 7:24 PM
1/1/01

I usually host the UFC fights among my crowd (on projection screen home theater room), and this fight has brought out the casuals again. Everyone is bringing a friend. In fact I've had to turn people away.

It's getting lots of press. Conor is saying the right things.
Cowboy is getting good hype and a profile lift. It's big.
1/17/20 7:24 PM
10/19/19
John Travoltage -

Alot of people I know that made it a point to tune in the his fights and make a big deal about it didn't even know he was fighting this weekend until this week, if not at all. Obviously it's not for a belt or anything, but it just seems like way less people care lol. I don't know, maybe it's just around here. 

Anytime Conor fights it feels like a show. 

I think for this fight though is his first fight after a truly huge growing part of his life.

The success, the family, the troubles, the letting his fans, family and team down

now having to deal with it all back in the public eye.

Hes build all he has to get to this point.

The numbers will speak for itself...

If he goes out in his next fight promoting and bringing bad blood, then thats just..i dont know if hes either growing or going backwords.

But regardless, Conor is always humble in victory or defeat.

1/17/20 7:28 PM
11/3/12

Any conor fight doesnt need hype weather you like him or not hes the biggest draw by a mile in the fight game, this PPV will do massive numbers

1/17/20 9:06 PM
11/16/19

I forgot they were even fighting until I came here again. I haven't much interest in seeing Conor fight.

1/17/20 9:41 PM
11/20/08

There is definitely not as much hype around it as before. It'll probably do well but it's hard to be interested when it's a gimme fight.

1/17/20 10:04 PM
8/26/11

Put it this way, Conor won't be getting near the PPV points that he's used to.

1/17/20 10:18 PM
9/24/18
Kimbos Lice - 

And why is that? Are you telling me that Conor/Khabib 2 doesn't sell? 

Conor haters can hate, but let's say he beats Cowboy, fights Khabib again and then maybe has the troligy against Nate, the dude is likely clearing 150-200 million in 2020. 

1/17/20 10:26 PM
8/26/11
Jones right nostril -
Kimbos Lice - 

Conor haters can hate, but let's say he beats Cowboy, fights Khabib again and then maybe has the troligy against Nate, the dude is likely clearing 150-200 million in 2020. 

That comment was solely bases on the fact that this fight doesn't have near the attention that his past fights have gotten. There's no animosity between the two to create any real excitement. It also doesn't seem as promoted as the others. I just don't think as many casual fans will be tuning in. I could be totally wrong, but that's just my thoughts. 

1/17/20 10:27 PM
8/26/11

And Conor Khabib 2 will be HUGE! Make no mistake about it ;)

1/17/20 11:17 PM
5/13/13

A shit ton of hype, I'm seeing it referred to as "the fight" all over the place. The place that surprised me the most was on a game stream and people were talking about the fight.

A few old UFC watching buddies that have not hit me up on awhile have been interested in this fight.

Obviously a big part of it is McGregor but I think Cerrone has more fans then a lot of people realize. 

1/18/20 3:23 AM
12/7/18
MrWizzykin67 -

I forgot they were even fighting until I came here again. I haven't much interest in seeing Conor fight.

Yet you're posting in a thread about Conor dummie

Edited: 1/18/20 3:29 AM
12/7/18
Kimbos Lice -
Jones right nostril -
Kimbos Lice - 

That comment was solely bases on the fact that this fight doesn't have near the attention that his past fights have gotten. There's no animosity between the two to create any real excitement. It also doesn't seem as promoted as the others. I just don't think as many casual fans will be tuning in. I could be totally wrong, but that's just my thoughts. 

Well, your opinion is wrong. Conor's latest conference had over 200k viewers during the live stream. a YouTube record. For comparison sake, the UFC 229 conference only had 100k. By all objective verifiable analytics Conor is even more popular than before. Again internet dorks are too much in their little internet bubbles. If this fight was on regular ppv there's no doubt in my mind Conor would easily clear 2 million pay-per-view buys again. Even with the paywall I still expect Conor to easily blow past 1million based on the data, which would be a monumental success in todays espn+ climate. There is no one else like Conor McGregor. In the real world everyone is hyped for Conor, and wants to see Conor dominate 

1/18/20 3:28 AM
12/7/18
Sur2eaL -

A shit ton of hype, I'm seeing it referred to as "the fight" all over the place. The place that surprised me the most was on a game stream and people were talking about the fight.

A few old UFC watching buddies that have not hit me up on awhile have been interested in this fight.

Obviously a big part of it is McGregor but I think Cerrone has more fans then a lot of people realize. 

Lol. It's about 95% all Conor

Edited: 1/18/20 10:46 AM
8/26/11
ConorWinsTheRematch -
Kimbos Lice -
Jones right nostril -
Kimbos Lice - 

Well, your opinion is wrong. Conor's latest conference had over 200k viewers during the live stream. a YouTube record. For comparison sake, the UFC 229 conference only had 100k. By all objective verifiable analytics Conor is even more popular than before. Again internet dorks are too much in their little internet bubbles. If this fight was on regular ppv there's no doubt in my mind Conor would easily clear 2 million pay-per-view buys again. Even with the paywall I still expect Conor to easily blow past 1million based on the data, which would be a monumental success in todays espn+ climate. There is no one else like Conor McGregor. In the real world everyone is hyped for Conor, and wants to see Conor dominate 

We get it. You want to suck Conor's dick. 

1/18/20 1:24 PM
11/28/03

my roommate doesnt care about mma, but he is pumped to see conor fight tonight

he aint even irish

1/18/20 1:30 PM
10/4/03

bump

1/18/20 2:02 PM
1/12/05

Every bar is showing it. The poster is everywhere. 

1/18/20 2:09 PM
12/26/19
Kimbos Lice -
ConorWinsTheRematch -
Kimbos Lice -
Jones right nostril -
Kimbos Lice - 

How dare you talk to Thiaguy like that? He's on the team bro.

1/18/20 2:36 PM
1/1/01

Eh, it's Conor but the usual hype isn't there. 

Seems like it's treated like a tune up fight and the next one, if Conor wins, will be the normal hype we know.

1/18/20 3:28 PM
8/26/11
KhabibWinsTheRematch -
Kimbos Lice -
ConorWinsTheRematch -
Kimbos Lice -
Jones right nostril -
Kimbos Lice - 

How dare you talk to Thiaguy like that? He's on the team bro.

1) fuck that guy

2) i dig your screen name

1/18/20 6:58 PM
12/7/18
Kimbos Lice -
ConorWinsTheRematch -
Kimbos Lice -
Jones right nostril -
Kimbos Lice - 

Is that all you clowns think about? Sucking dick. I knew you Conor haters were dick sucking phaggots. This is what happens when you shut down a Conor halter spewing his usual non sense. He cant respond to any of the facts so he talks about what's on his mind instead, penis. Youve thereby conceed. go home your drunk