UnderGround Forums How will you remember Demetrious Johnson?

4 days ago
1/1/01
Big fish, small pond. The blatant ducking of TJ when there was such little competition will always stick out to me.

That said he's one of the best to ever do it.
4 days ago
1/1/01
A big fish in a very shallow pond.
4 days ago
1/1/01
Whambo - Big fish, small pond. The blatant ducking of TJ when there was such little competition will always stick out to me.

That said he's one of the best to ever do it.

You'd also think he'd want to rematch Cejudo for redemption, his belt, and legacy.
4 days ago
12/18/15

Forgotten about him allready. 

4 days ago
6/20/13

4 days ago
9/19/13

I also think it's kind of weird that DJ built the division up for so long and then once Cejudo came along, DJ's entire legacy and himself disappeared to another organization immediately.

4 days ago
9/20/19

Short

Edited: 4 days ago
7/21/18
IamHe -

PS....GSP was the most boring fighter to ever do MMA!  Fing blanket!  As bad as Fitch! Y'all must have Forgot!

What other Champion could have pulled off an armbar during a throw? Easy! No one but MM!

Drops mic...

Definitely not a statement worthy of a mic drop

4 days ago
1/1/01

HUGE fan of Joe Rogan

DJ is the most overrated fighter of all time, he could retire tomorrow and only SUPER hardcore MMA fans and his family/friends/training partners would care

4 days ago
10/9/15

As the guy that beat Cejudo twice.

4 days ago
1/1/01
Top 10 ATG fighter, and probably the #2 all-time in the lower weight classes after Aldo.

The "trade" for Askren was a joke that discredited UFC management tremendously in my eyes.
4 days ago
10/17/13
As a UFC Champion/Future UFC HOF’er/Legend. The way it should be, he was nothing short of amazing.
4 days ago
11/28/03

if this was the only cool thing he ever did it would still make him a legend 

4 days ago
2/17/03
ranier wolfcastle - 

if this was the only cool thing he ever did it would still make him a legend 

4 days ago
10/8/08
GOAT...not a hyped up connor
4 days ago
5/3/09

UFC reject

Edited: 4 days ago
10/3/12

Joe Rogan constantly having to tell everyone how great he was every single fight when the crowd started booing. He really went to bat for the guy. 

4 days ago
11/19/19

I'll remember him as someone that couldn't sell out a movie theater.

Someone that was playing 4D chess when his opponents were playing connect 4 checkers.

A crybaby.

4 days ago
11/18/15
IamHe -

PS....GSP was the most boring fighter to ever do MMA!  Fing blanket!  As bad as Fitch! Y'all must have Forgot!

What other Champion could have pulled off an armbar during a throw? Easy! No one but MM!

Drops mic...

into bathtub....

3 days ago
3/12/16

A great fighter but also a whiner who was more obsessed with records than testing himself.

3 days ago
2/17/03
It's bizarre that people think that MM wouldn't test himself, but don't make similar comments about GSP, Silva, Jones or Aldo--none of whom bumped up during their title reigns.

Of them, only Mighty Mouse ever fought for a title at a higher weight class.
3 days ago
12/7/10

For me, I remember too much of a crybaby. Nobody respects me, whaaa. No one appreciates me. Whaaa! He had a good comeback when he said that it wasn't his size that counts, it was the size of his UFC purses, which were at champion level. He was at $400K. So I don't get then why he was always so angry and bitter. I hated too his implication that if you weren't in awe of his amazng skills, then you were somehow lacking as a fan. You were not worthy enough to appreciate his greatness.

You see how he dances around answering the cockiness question, because he knows it's what people criticize him most for, his cockiness.

I was not a fan.

3 days ago
3/6/07

The first real Pound for Pound goat. 

if you don’t agree, you don’t really know martial arts and combat sports. 

you also probably don’t know the real meaning of P4P. 

3 days ago
3/12/16
wiggum - It's bizarre that people think that MM wouldn't test himself, but don't make similar comments about GSP, Silva, Jones or Aldo--none of whom bumped up during their title reigns.

Of them, only Mighty Mouse ever fought for a title at a higher weight class.

And he lost and never tried to get that title again or fight the champion of that division. Even when TJ offered to drop down DJ stepped down.

3 days ago
11/24/13

Conor is the only one who’s met any of your criteria, going up a weight. Oh but that doesn’t count be cause he never defended right? Same for Cejudo? Does Anderson Silva suck too since he never fought Jon Jones? I’d say GSP is GOAT but he only fought the champ at 185 because it was an easy win and he wasn’t even the WW then. And it CAN’T be Cormier since he lost to Jones.
So by the criteria laid out in this thread, Nunes is the GOAT.