UnderGround Forums I forgot Khabib's wife was his relative

Edited: 30 days ago
8/3/11

The elusive wife of UFC champ Khabib Nurmagomedov

No-one, apart from Khabib, their relatives and her friends, has even seen her face.

In September 2019, following Khabib Nurmagomedov’s  victory over American Dustin Poirier, the 31-year-old UFC mixed martial arts champion became the most popular person on Instagram in Russia. He now has more than 16 million followers.

But all this popularity does not extend to his private life. Until recently, outsiders knew almost nothing about it. At his 2013 wedding, attended by over 3,000 guests, Khabib's wife never showed her face. There is not a single photo of her on the internet. “My family is a closed subject,” Khabib says categorically. But despite all his efforts to hide this aspect of his life, there are some things that are still known about her.

She is his distant relative

The name of Khabib's wife is Patimat. She was born in the same mountain village in Dagestan as Khabib - Sildi. It’s a small village with 200 inhabitants. Khabib shows what the village looks like on his Instagram page.

According to Mash, Patimat was his first love.  They sat at the same desk at the village school, albeit for only a year: When Khabib was in his second year in high school, his family decided to move to Kirovaul, a more sizeable village in Dagestan. And later, the Nurmagomedovs moved even further - to the republic's capital, Makhachkala.

In an interview with Sport Express, Khabib's father, Abdulmanap, said that Patimat was a “distant relative”. She had the same surname - Nurmagomedova - before she married Khabib. Abdulmanap describes her family as an “excellent” one. In the small village of Sildi, families have known one another for generations.

Over 3,000 guests attended the wedding

Khabib was 22 when he decided to get married. By that time, he had already progressed from local leagues to Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) fights, had attracted many Americans' attention with several impressive victories and, by mid-2013, had earned the reputation of the most promising fighter in the UFC. At that time, he returned to his native Dagestan and sent his father to Patimat's parents to ask for her hand. That is how the story is told in the Russian media today. But, according to Khabib's father, first the young man sought his grandfather's advice: Five or six girls were being considered for the role of Khabib's wife. In the end, Patimat was chosen.

The wedding was exuberant, even by Dagestani standards, as literally everyone was invited. "Anyone who would like to offer their congratulations - please come!" - was the wording of the invitation. And since Khabib had been gaining popularity very rapidly, there were many such people - more than 3,000. The family had to lease a hall for 1,200 people and change the guest list three times. The wedding cost 700,000 rubles - or $21,200, according to the exchange rate at the time - an amount that was not too extravagant for an event on such a scale. But, according to the Nurmagomedov family, they were offered all possible discounts as a token of respect.

30 days ago
11/5/19
What’s distant? Like an 8th cousin in law?
30 days ago
3/4/10

Intermarriage/inbreeding is surprisingly common with Muslims. 

30 days ago
8/10/05

In before, "we are all related if you go back long enough".

30 days ago
5/5/13

Yep, they look virtually identical!
30 days ago
8/20/03
There is like 20 people in his home town, maybe 100 in the whole country. I think they are all related. Cut him some slack.
30 days ago
11/28/03

i'd photoshop a beard on her, but i respect khabib

Patimat Nurmagomedova

30 days ago
11/18/14

'my family is a closed subject'

*investigative journalist gets out his notebook*

30 days ago
10/3/11
ranier wolfcastle -

i'd photoshop a beard on her, but i respect khabib

Patimat Nurmagomedova

You're the only one left numbskull

30 days ago
1/1/01

How does he have so much money?   Dana said he was worth over 50 million dollars but that couldn't have been from fight purses and Reebok.  

30 days ago
1/1/01
stevekt - 

How does he have so much money?   Dana said he was worth over 50 million dollars but that couldn't have been from fight purses and Reebok.  

After beating the Irish Catholic Conor McGregor, he became a hero to the Islamic world and went on tour and was given luxury cars, stakes in businesses who wanted to use his name, and much else.

30 days ago
11/5/19
FatBuddha - 
stevekt - 

After beating the Irish Catholic Conor McGregor, he became a hero to the Islamic world and went on tour and was given luxury cars, stakes in businesses who wanted to use his name, and much else.

The American dream
30 days ago
10/9/10
FatBuddha -
stevekt - 

Yeah wasn’t his payout 6 million for the Gaethje fight and something like 10 million for the Poirier fight? I know he made even more against Conor, so that’s at least 3 fights in a row with high payouts with a total of probably 20-30 million. Dude is set for life if he’s smart. 

30 days ago
7/29/13

That's normal. My friend from Afghanistan is harrassed by her parents to marry her different cousins all the time. Standard procedure in that religion. 

30 days ago
6/27/02

She's a towel mate. Seriously though, very common for rampant inbreeding to go on in that culture... I mean just look at most of them. Not a secret and pretty obvious.

30 days ago
8/10/05
Corn Pop - 
FatBuddha - 
stevekt - 

The American dream

Neither are American.

30 days ago
4/22/07
Corn Pop -
FatBuddha - 
stevekt - 

The American dream

You're a bad dude

30 days ago
9/20/19

30 days ago
11/5/19
Ministry of Truth - 
Corn Pop - 
FatBuddha - 
stevekt - 

The American dream

Neither are American.

Oh ok. Thanks
30 days ago
4/21/06

EES Normal

30 days ago
5/8/20
touch -

The elusive wife of UFC champ Khabib Nurmagomedov

No-one, apart from Khabib, their relatives and her friends, has even seen her face.

In September 2019, following Khabib Nurmagomedov’s  victory over American Dustin Poirier, the 31-year-old UFC mixed martial arts champion became the most popular person on Instagram in Russia. He now has more than 16 million followers.

But all this popularity does not extend to his private life. Until recently, outsiders knew almost nothing about it. At his 2013 wedding, attended by over 3,000 guests, Khabib's wife never showed her face. There is not a single photo of her on the internet. “My family is a closed subject,” Khabib says categorically. But despite all his efforts to hide this aspect of his life, there are some things that are still known about her.

She is his distant relative

The name of Khabib's wife is Patimat. She was born in the same mountain village in Dagestan as Khabib - Sildi. It’s a small village with 200 inhabitants. Khabib shows what the village looks like on his Instagram page.

According to Mash, Patimat was his first love.  They sat at the same desk at the village school, albeit for only a year: When Khabib was in his second year in high school, his family decided to move to Kirovaul, a more sizeable village in Dagestan. And later, the Nurmagomedovs moved even further - to the republic's capital, Makhachkala.

In an interview with Sport Express, Khabib's father, Abdulmanap, said that Patimat was a “distant relative”. She had the same surname - Nurmagomedova - before she married Khabib. Abdulmanap describes her family as an “excellent” one. In the small village of Sildi, families have known one another for generations.

Over 3,000 guests attended the wedding

Khabib was 22 when he decided to get married. By that time, he had already progressed from local leagues to Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) fights, had attracted many Americans' attention with several impressive victories and, by mid-2013, had earned the reputation of the most promising fighter in the UFC. At that time, he returned to his native Dagestan and sent his father to Patimat's parents to ask for her hand. That is how the story is told in the Russian media today. But, according to Khabib's father, first the young man sought his grandfather's advice: Five or six girls were being considered for the role of Khabib's wife. In the end, Patimat was chosen.

The wedding was exuberant, even by Dagestani standards, as literally everyone was invited. "Anyone who would like to offer their congratulations - please come!" - was the wording of the invitation. And since Khabib had been gaining popularity very rapidly, there were many such people - more than 3,000. The family had to lease a hall for 1,200 people and change the guest list three times. The wedding cost 700,000 rubles - or $21,200, according to the exchange rate at the time - an amount that was not too extravagant for an event on such a scale. But, according to the Nurmagomedov family, they were offered all possible discounts as a token of respect.

My wedding cost more than Khabibs, that's my new claim to fame, balling!!! 

30 days ago
7/27/04

We are all related if you go back long enough

30 days ago
10/30/03

On the OG everyone wants to Fuck a first cousin. I met a 2nd or third cousin I would have married in a heartbeat. She was insanely beautiful and named ocean...

30 days ago
9/22/11
KirkBJJ -

She's a towel mate. Seriously though, very common for rampant inbreeding to go on in that culture... I mean just look at most of them. Not a secret and pretty obvious.

Very common in smaller communities.....Australian country towns are inbred af from the lack of options.

30 days ago
11/20/09

I heard somewhere that fucking your own bloodline isn't as bad as it once was thought to be and that the only real dangers are if you reproduce with someone in your immediate bloodline like father/son/mother/daughter/brother/sister but cousins and stuff are okay.