UnderGround Forums If you worked for the UFC. What would you do?

2/18/20 9:02 PM
10/19/19

Or What would you want to do?

and also based on your strengths which job do you think would make the most sense and what are your strengths?

2/18/20 9:12 PM
7/30/03

Get rid of espn plus exclusivity.

2/18/20 9:29 PM
10/19/19
Calhoon -

Why

Edited: 2/18/20 9:34 PM
6/9/16

I'd appoint Kevin Barbers as the director of talent relations. Time for those octagon girls to get a dose of positivity.

2/18/20 9:32 PM
1/24/16

Do an internship, see how everything works there and then probably quit and do sth. else 

2/18/20 9:37 PM
4/13/07

I would be Dana's part time advisor.    Of course, my recommendations would be dictated by a fan mindset rather than an entrepreneurial one so I would get fired within a couple of months.

Preliminary recommendations:

(1) Get rid of WMMA or put them on a woman only card

(2) Quality > quantity of fight cards.  In other words, I would rather watch a stacked card that I am excited about every month rather than mediocore weekly cards and PPVs with only one good fight.

(3) Cut out all of this interim nonsense unless someone is actually out for > 1 year

(4) Cross promote for real superfights

(5) Hire a fashion consultant for Bruce Buffer and a tailor for Rogan so that he could wear shirts that actually fit

(6) A bit more meat on the ring card girls. 

2/18/20 9:39 PM
10/19/19
Taco Muncher -

I'd appoint Kevin Barbers as the director of talent relations. Time for those octagon girls to get a dose of positivity.

Lmao they do a good job ..

2/18/20 9:42 PM
10/19/19
sage77 -

I would be Dana's part time advisor.    Of course, my recommendations would be dictated by a fan mindset rather than an entrepreneurial one so I would get fired within a couple of months.

(2) Quality > quantity of fight cards.  In other words, I would rather watch a stacked card that I am excited about every month rather than mediocore weekly cards and PPVs with only one good fight.

(3) Cut out all of this interim nonsense unless someone is actually out for > 1 year

(5) Hire a fashion consultant for Bruce Buffer and a tailor for Rogan so that he could wear shirts that actually fit

I like 3 and 4.

I think Buffer and Rogan dress fine! 

Danaspart-time advisor I like the sound of that. I like where your head's at

2/18/20 9:42 PM
10/6/02
Give Conor a percentage of the company
2/18/20 9:43 PM
10/19/19
dinkledorf -

Do an internship, see how everything works there and then probably quit and do sth. else 

So use it as a learning experience and use what you learned in different areas of life?

You wouldn't want to actually work for the UFC?

2/18/20 9:48 PM
4/11/10

The ring girls

2/18/20 9:53 PM
1/1/01
sage77 -

1. Nope. Too sexist. Would hurt the brand.

2. Nope. Counter productive to brand growth.

3. Nope. Lose revenue w less title fights.

4. Fuck no never giving Coker shit.

5. Meh. Fire Stephen Smith first.

6. Nope. Retire them. Too sexist. 

I wouldn’t mind a management role.

2/18/20 10:00 PM
1/1/01

To answer OP, biggest issue to me that is actually fixable is fighter pay and company culture. They could institute a new pay structure with more options if they really wanted to. It’s absurd UFC fighters can go to Bellator and make comp or better money or get more checks. Absurd.

2/18/20 11:00 PM
12/1/10

lol. so many things.

2/18/20 11:11 PM
5/30/15

I would own it. I would make sure the fighters were never allowed to unionize so I could maximize my own profits. I would have as many "money fights" as possible and convince fans that is what they want to see as well slowly destroying the sport in exchange for huge windfalls for meeeeeee!! 

2/18/20 11:17 PM
5/18/11

Revive WEC and put all the womens fights there, except maybe for championship bouts.

Develop an excitment factor system that scores fighters based on the excitment of thier bouts, higher point totals get better card spots and higher salaries.

64 woman instagram whore tournament, final four get jobs as ring girls, they would all get put in a house and would move on based on the number of likes they got on thier posts. And put it on TBS or some irrelevant channel.

2/18/20 11:20 PM
1/1/01
Gartlin -

I would own it. I would make sure the fighters were never allowed to unionize so I could maximize my own profits. I would have as many "money fights" as possible and convince fans that is what they want to see as well slowly destroying the sport in exchange for huge windfalls for meeeeeee!! 

This guy gets it.

It’s better to be Don than Mike.

2/18/20 11:31 PM
10/19/19
Dead President -

The ring girls

Solid

2/18/20 11:34 PM
10/19/19
multiculturaljoseph -
sage77 -

1. Nope. Too sexist. Would hurt the brand.

2. Nope. Counter productive to brand growth.

3. Nope. Lose revenue w less title fights.

4. Fuck no never giving Coker shit.

5. Meh. Fire Stephen Smith first.

6. Nope. Retire them. Too sexist. 

I wouldn’t mind a management role.

Whats wrong with Coker?

2/18/20 11:35 PM
10/19/19
Huggsbear -

Revive WEC and put all the womens fights there, except maybe for championship bouts.

Develop an excitment factor system that scores fighters based on the excitment of thier bouts, higher point totals get better card spots and higher salaries.

64 woman instagram whore tournament, final four get jobs as ring girls, they would all get put in a house and would move on based on the number of likes they got on thier posts. And put it on TBS or some irrelevant channel.

first 2 ideas were solid,

3rd was half solid with poor word choice. i like the idea tho, they would have to be educated ufc fans tho.

Edited: 2/18/20 11:50 PM
7/30/13
Calhoon -

That and get rid of that joke of a deal with reebok. To this day it pisses me off more than it should. Also get rid of wmma or as someone already posted, put them in a smaller org (really like the WEC idea) 

2/19/20 2:31 AM
4/18/13

I'd like to help in graphics and merchandising. 

Fighters should have their own logos on their kits like the sports leagues.

2/19/20 2:54 AM
4/13/12

Distribution.  Sell content to commercial distributors and maintain those relationships.

2/19/20 3:44 AM
10/30/14

Designing fighter shirts that don’t suck. 

2/19/20 3:58 AM
5/5/13
Rear Naked Bloke -

Designing fighter shirts that don’t suck. 

You can desing them and I can make those print's. Deal?