UnderGround Forums Iran executed wrester Navid Afkari

15 days ago
3/17/14

Didnt see this on the UG so here is an article about it. Mods delete if there is one. 

https://www.foxnews.com/world/iran-executes-pro-wrestler-navid-afkari

15 days ago
3/17/14

The Iranian regime on Saturday executed a pro-wrestling champion despite global appeals to Tehran, including from President Trump, for the regime to spare the 27-year-old’s life.

Iranian state media IRNA reported that Navid Afkari, 27, was hanged Saturday morning in Adelabad prison in the city of Shiraz.

Afkari had participated in the mass protests against political repression in Iran last year, and it is believed the regime wanted to make an example of him because of his high profile in the country. Authorities accused Afkari of stabbing a water supply company employee in the southern city of Shiraz during the protests.

Courts in Shiraz had imposed two death sentences on Afkari, and six years and six months in prison and 74 lashes. One death sentence was imposed by a criminal court and one by a “revolutionary court.”

There had been appeals across the globe, including from FIFA, the World Players Association, dozens of human rights organizations. President Trump joined these calls.

“Hearing that Iran is looking to execute a great and popular wrestling star, 27-year-old Navid Afkarai, whose sole act was an anti-government demonstration on the streets,” Trump tweeted. “To the leaders of Iran, I would greatly appreciate if you would spare this young man’s life, and not execute him.”

Iran had broadcast Afkari’s confession last week, resembling a number of coerced confessions extracted from regime opponents over the last decade. Supporters of Afkari said he had been tortured.

In response to Trump’s tweet, Iran had responded with a state TV package of footage that included the employee Hassan Torkaman’s parents and footage of Afkari saying he had stabbed the man in the back.

Iranian opposition groups said the execution would only strengthen the resolve of the Iranian people to overthrow the theocratic regime.

“The people of Iran, especially the courageous youth, will not remain silent vis-à-vis the savage execution of this brave son of Shiraz and will rise up in solidarity with the heroic people of Fars Province over his unjust execution,” Maryam Rajavi, the President-elect of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI), said in a statement, adding that the execution “will only add fuel to the flames of the Iranian people's uprising and will strengthen their determination to overthrow the clerical regime and to establish freedom and democracy.”

Rajavi also called on the United Nations, the European Union and other international organizations to take action against Iran in response to the killing.

“Silence and inaction are tantamount to a green light to, and complicity with, the regime to continue its atrocities,” she said.

15 days ago
1/3/20
That regime is absolute garbage. If Persians would get their heads out of their asses, stop thinking they are right, learn to develop a solution (e.g. What happens AFTER the regime falls?), vote for a leader and follow they would have a chance.

Alas, you put 10 Persians in a room and every single one is right, and they will all argue over it. haha!

15 days ago
4/27/16
They should put that Xerxes guy in charge again
15 days ago
4/22/07

I have no idea how innocent or guilty he is. I can't find much other than articles just stating he gave a false confession. 

If innocent of the killing, RIP. 

15 days ago
1/16/12

Iran is fucked up my parents escaped there once it turned Into a jihadist country. Sadly they fled into a communist one

RIP

15 days ago
12/11/14

Some fucking places need to be overthrown. That coming from a person like me, says a lot. 

15 days ago
3/23/06

Thanks OP.  

I just updated the thread on the OG. 

15 days ago
8/24/02
Acidic -

Iran is fucked up my parents escaped there once it turned Into a jihadist country. Sadly they fled into a communist one

RIP

Curious as to what country y’all emigrated to?  

15 days ago
1/16/12
addict -
Acidic -

RIP

They emigrated to Armenia. They where Christian Armenians. The mullahs really ruined the country. But They don't persecute religiously & still don't 

Edited: 14 days ago
8/20/08
KaiTangata - That regime is absolute garbage. If Persians would get their heads out of their asses, stop thinking they are right, learn to develop a solution (e.g. What happens AFTER the regime falls?), vote for a leader and follow they would have a chance.

Alas, you put 10 Persians in a room and every single one is right, and they will all argue over it. haha!

They did vote for a leader and the USA/UK overthrew him.

15 days ago
1/12/10
Acidic -
addict -
Acidic -

RIP

They emigrated to Armenia. They where Christian Armenians. The mullahs really ruined the country. But They don't persecute religiously & still don't 

Good for your parents on escaping. Idk where you or them are located now, but here in the US we welcome you. I’m sorry they/you had to deal with that stuff. People here have no honest idea what it is like to truly live in fear for going against the beliefs of those in power. You are a stronger person for it. 

15 days ago
7/25/10

Trump has no problem putting down BLM protests. But he makes an appeal to save a protester in another country he may have murdered someone? Hmm..:

15 days ago
1/16/12
TFK_UGCTT_Sk1tzO420 -
Acidic -
addict -
Acidic -

RIP

Good for your parents on escaping. Idk where you or them are located now, but here in the US we welcome you. I’m sorry they/you had to deal with that stuff. People here have no honest idea what it is like to truly live in fear for going against the beliefs of those in power. You are a stronger person for it. 

Oh we live here now and I was born here. Appreciate it brotha and I love this country. Best country there is. Free from Persecution. 

14 days ago
4/22/07
Slaughter on Tenth Avenue -

Trump has no problem putting down BLM protests. But he makes an appeal to save a protester in another country he may have murdered someone? Hmm..:

Putting down vs executing. Same stuff

14 days ago
1/12/10
Acidic -
TFK_UGCTT_Sk1tzO420 -
Acidic -
addict -
Acidic -

RIP

Oh we live here now and I was born here. Appreciate it brotha and I love this country. Best country there is. Free from Persecution. 

Happy to hear that man! I absolutely love hearing stuff like this. Your parents are card carrying badasses! 

14 days ago
3/23/06

This was Dana’s plea

View this post on Instagram

#SaveNavid

A post shared by Dana White (@danawhite) on

14 days ago
1/1/01
addict -
Acidic -

RIP

New York.

14 days ago
2/2/15

What BLM "protests" did trump put down? I won't wait for answer because you'll be a while searching for something that didn't happen.

14 days ago
2/9/09
ShanTheMan -

Putting down vs executing. Same stuff

People are so dumb, why even waste your time replying to that idiot? 

13 days ago
10/6/02

Anyone know the current method of hanging in Iran?

Do they use a drop for hanging to snap the neck? Or did they do a slow stangulation?
Edited: 13 days ago
7/2/19

Trump has no problem putting down BLM protests. But he makes an appeal to save a protester in another country he may have murdered someone? 

Congrats you have taken a man who simply protested something he believed in now has lost his life and turned it into something to do with US politics. Congrats thou for being able to speak your own opinion without dying for it. 

13 days ago
9/23/07
Slaughter on Tenth Avenue - 

WHAT A FUCKING RETARD.

3 days ago
9/19/13

If he murdered someone they would have to try the case in court. What happened was an expedient excuse. 

Trump should have honestly stayed out of it because he is hated by the Iran regime. 

They could have executed him just to spite the US.

2 days ago
7/25/10

Bunch of Republican hypocrites on this thread crying about Iranian wrestler. While in their own country they want repress BLM protests...hmm