UnderGround Forums Is JoeRo's fight career imaginary?

18 days ago
10/13/08

He could of fought pro look at his kicks and isnt he good a bjj? Lol

18 days ago
3/17/14
jgiveshead -

Why do this thread?  This conversation was started weeks ago by that fat retard God of Thunder and his alt-account geniuses The Lion King and DarthBader.

https://www.mixedmartialarts.com/forums/OtherGround/Joe-Rogan-DWARFED-by-his-comedian-buddies:2798167?pc=64

https://www.mixedmartialarts.com/ns/forums/UnderGround/What-percent-of-the-UG-can-beat-up-Joe-Rogan:2795070?pc=87

https://www.mixedmartialarts.com/forums/UnderGround/Did-JOE-ROGAN-really-fight-in-TOURNAMENTS:2794917?pc=46

Fuck me... was this the inevitable outcome of Ben Askren retiring?

You need redemption bro.  Picking your shots against an aging podcaster and former comedian... weird thing to get attached to.

this. Ban op for a minimum of 60 days. 

18 days ago
1/23/06
knappster - 
jgiveshead -

Why do this thread?  This conversation was started weeks ago by that fat retard God of Thunder and his alt-account geniuses The Lion King and DarthBader.

https://www.mixedmartialarts.com/forums/OtherGround/Joe-Rogan-DWARFED-by-his-comedian-buddies:2798167?pc=64

https://www.mixedmartialarts.com/ns/forums/UnderGround/What-percent-of-the-UG-can-beat-up-Joe-Rogan:2795070?pc=87

https://www.mixedmartialarts.com/forums/UnderGround/Did-JOE-ROGAN-really-fight-in-TOURNAMENTS:2794917?pc=46

Fuck me... was this the inevitable outcome of Ben Askren retiring?

You need redemption bro.  Picking your shots against an aging podcaster and former comedian... weird thing to get attached to.

this. Ban op for a minimum of 60 days. 

18 days ago
1/23/06

18 days ago
9/21/17
CRE - I always thought fighting was a terminology reserved for actual fighters.

Does training BJJ and doing Karate count as fighting now? Asking for a friend of a friend.

Overall I like Joe, but he's obviously dealing with some regrets about never actually getting in there. Maybe a fight for the forgotten. Charity bout? I don't want to be the opponent, because that wouldn't be a fair fight, but they could find another able bodied celebrity..Maybe Mario Lopez?

I would love to see him crush logan paul in a charity fight 

18 days ago
9/19/19
Loganusjudo -

Does training BJJ and doing Karate count as fighting now? Asking for a friend of a friend.

Overall I like Joe, but he's obviously dealing with some regrets about never actually getting in there. Maybe a fight for the forgotten. Charity bout? I don't want to be the opponent, because that wouldn't be a fair fight, but they could find another able bodied celebrity..Maybe Mario Lopez?

Logal paul is like 6'2 200+, former wrestler, has boxing experience and is like 20 years old. He would kill joe in 30 seconds, under any form of combat.

18 days ago
9/5/12
PaulfromNY -

Rogan is one of the greatest manipulators carny circus type frauds i've ever seen. Pretends to have a fight career when he does BJJ (Thats not fighting) and doing TKD as a kid. He memes millions of people into thinking his comedy is anything but terrible, and on top of that elevates his even UNFUNNIER friends to the top, including the charity case brendan schaub.

Tom segura is fucking hilarious. Not at all a fan of rogans comedy though

18 days ago
11/16/09
El Bandito -
Loganusjudo -

Logal paul is like 6'2 200+, former wrestler, has boxing experience and is like 20 years old. He would kill joe in 30 seconds, under any form of combat.

Probably, but Joe Rogan is like 5'5 and 200 pounds, and as sythentically enhanced as you get, and was by far a better athlete than that Paul kid, who isn't even athletic. 

Joe could possibly fold him up with a couple leg kicks. On the other hand, Joe is old as balls, TRT/HGH/Hormone/Ground up Baby Stem Cells isn't gonna make him 25 again.

18 days ago
9/19/19
Osbot -
El Bandito -
Loganusjudo -

Probably, but Joe Rogan is like 5'5 and 200 pounds, and as sythentically enhanced as you get, and was by far a better athlete than that Paul kid, who isn't even athletic. 

Joe could possibly fold him up with a couple leg kicks. On the other hand, Joe is old as balls, TRT/HGH/Hormone/Ground up Baby Stem Cells isn't gonna make him 25 again.

Joe is not 1/10th as athletic as paul. Joe doesn't have an athletic bone in his body, which is why he never played sports growing up.

18 days ago
3/29/09
Rogan is not nor has he ever been a fighter.
18 days ago
1/1/01
RockTheVote -
Lurker99 -

I get it. People want to shit on traditional martial arts, karate, TKD, etc... I aslo get when people call out BJJ people for calling their matches "fights."

My question to that is... where is the line drawn? I know guys that wrestled in high school and then had a fight just to try it with not much actual training. They could come here, get a green name and call themselves "cage fighters" for the rest of their lives without ever training again, yet someone who trained their entire life in different martial arts, had competed MANY times under various rule sets and has trained MMA for most of their adult life can't call themself a fighter because they never had an MMA match?

Kind of fucked, really.

i mean, i drive a car every day. sometimes i drive really fast. but im not a racecar driver unless i drive a racecar. if you go to baseball practice every day and dont play baseball, youre not a baseball player. a wrestler who shows up for a fight is a fighter. a martial artist who never fights is a martial artist and not a fighter.

Both of you make good points.

18 days ago
6/22/11

Why all the hate for Rogan?? If you don't like him you don't have to shit on him. Like a bunch of fucking teenage girls. All those shitting on his martial arts career have probably never had a fight in their lives

18 days ago
9/19/19
SonnendbySilva -

Why all the hate for Rogan?? If you don't like him you don't have to shit on him. Like a bunch of fucking teenage girls. All those shitting on his martial arts career have probably never had a fight in their lives

No hate, I like rogan and I like his podcast. Its just that he needs to tone down the "ex fighter" act he puts on around his comedian buddies, especially the younger attractive female ones.

18 days ago
5/11/05

18 days ago
5/11/05

Combat sports fights are fights under predetermined rule sets. Any competition with finishing moves (KO tko submission) is a fight. 
rasslin is rasslin but if you can KO or sub your opponent to win you’re competing in a fight

Edited: 18 days ago
11/16/09
El Bandito -
Osbot -
El Bandito -
Loganusjudo -

Joe is not 1/10th as athletic as paul. Joe doesn't have an athletic bone in his body, which is why he never played sports growing up.

Sorry, but you're wrong. Playing sports growing up doesn't make you athletic.

I can tell, just by watching how the two of them move, which one is more naturally coordinated. Joe may have never learned to throw a 50 yard spiral, but Paul is awkward in his movements, he has poor spatial awareness. Joe is fluid in his movements. Paul is just an above average sized, above average athletic guy. Joe is a smaller guy, but he has well above average body awareness.

Body spatial awareness, is what makes people athletic. Size + body awareness is what makes the elite of the elite.

Paul has height and youth, but Joe has/had real athleticism. Paul probably wouldn't have made my highschool basketball team, Joe wouldn't have either, but for height reasons :)

18 days ago
9/20/19
Paramount Donkey -
PaulfromNY -

Rogan is one of the greatest manipulators carny circus type frauds i've ever seen. Pretends to have a fight career when he does BJJ (Thats not fighting) and doing TKD as a kid. He memes millions of people into thinking his comedy is anything but terrible, and on top of that elevates his even UNFUNNIER friends to the top, including the charity case brendan schaub.

Tom segura is fucking hilarious. Not at all a fan of rogans comedy though

It’s a power move. Deep down he thinks joe’s a tool. 

18 days ago
9/20/19
grandchampion -

Combat sports fights are fights under predetermined rule sets. Any competition with finishing moves (KO tko submission) is a fight. 
rasslin is rasslin but if you can KO or sub your opponent to win you’re competing in a fight

Did you grow up in a mcdojo? 

18 days ago
7/14/16
grandchampion - 

^ I wish someone would find that dude and ask him if he felt like he was in a fight. I bet he says "Nah, I get kicked in the head and knocked out in soccer all the time... that was definitely not a fight."

9/21/17
El Bandito -
Loganusjudo -

No way dude. You're way off. joe would drop him with a body kick and take his back paul isnt even even good at boxing

18 days ago
4/27/07

Did you just compare your celebrity status to Mario Lopez ?

18 days ago
5/15/15

He's won several taekwondo tournaments. He has "been in there"

18 days ago
9/19/19
moogin83 -

He's won several taekwondo tournaments. He has "been in there"

TKD with full body armor, chest protector, helmet, leg pads, when he was like 12. That hardly counts as "in there". Joe admitted he lasted like a week at that boxing gym in boston, which isn't even filled with real boxers.

Good guy, but he's not "tough". 

9/5/12
JoseyWales -

Did you just compare your celebrity status to Mario Lopez ?

Delusion runs strong in his family

18 days ago
9/21/14
USADA D1CK Pills -

Rogan would fuck up 90% of the UG 

Joe cant even have a face to face convo with 90% of the UG. You think some steroid garden gnome is going to 'fuck up' anyone?

Jesus christ dude, keep buying into the illusion