UnderGround Forums Is Lewis one of those guys?

4 days ago
8/10/05
Who doesn't really train as much or hard as he should but just has a natural gift for fighting?

I get that feeling.
4 days ago
2/9/09

I think he was, I think he started taking things more serious lately. If Im correct on that, theHw division is in some trouble. 

He looked to be in good shape tonight

4 days ago
11/10/18

Looked quite a bit leaner tonight so I think he’s getting a little more serious, but he admits he didn’t train much in the past. 

4 days ago
7/2/07
I grew up around a guy that was so much like Derrick, but the guy I am talking about is actually more athletic, wider shoulders etc.

But so much like him in size, voice, etc.

This guy worked around my parents when I was growing up, a real gentlemen (not like Lewis) but when it came time to fight he was a fucking monster.

And I mean a fucking monster.

Seen him KO people, seen him pick up a person with one hand by the throat slam him into a semi truck while punching him against the semi truck with the other hand. Drop the dude kick him in the ribs.

Seen the guy go to town on a. group of people with a baseball bat. Imagine a giant like Lewis with a bat but this fucker hit them in the knees, lower legs with the bat.

I think it was not until he reached late 50s that he started paying other younger workers/crew members around him to help in fights.

4 days ago
7/2/07
But sorry OP you are talking MMA and fighting against trained MMA fighters, but I think the point still stands there are a few monsters out there.

In fights people would need to have some size and be very well trained to generally win against them.

But again Lewis' fights have an element of that, you know he is not as well trained, gasses, and lacks many elements compared to high level MMA but that damn power changes all of that in a moment.
3 days ago
5/7/09

Yep, I'd say most of what Lewis has is God given.  Big, muscular, explosive, agile.  A little work goes a long way with him.  Genetics are a bitch.

3 days ago
3/30/20

George Foreman gave him some magical secret when they first met 

3 days ago
4/21/06

UFC Fight Night: Blaydes v Lewis

3 days ago
11/2/06
williepep - I grew up around a guy that was so much like Derrick, but the guy I am talking about is actually more athletic, wider shoulders etc.

This guy worked around my parents when I was growing up, a real gentlemen (not like Lewis) but when it came time to fight he was a fucking monster.

Seen him KO people, seen him pick up a person with one hand by the throat slam him into a semi truck while punching him against the semi truck with the other hand. Drop the dude kick him in the ribs.

Seen the guy go to town on a. group of people with a baseball bat. Imagine a giant like Lewis with a bat but this fucker hit them in the knees, lower legs with the bat.

I think it was not until he reached late 50s that he started paying other younger workers/crew members around him to help in fights.

What a gentleman

3 days ago
9/20/19

Most heavyweights are like that. 

3 days ago
4/19/10
JeffMcFluffy -
williepep - I grew up around a guy that was so much like Derrick, but the guy I am talking about is actually more athletic, wider shoulders etc.

What a gentleman

Story brought a tear to my eye.

They just don’t make them with that kind of chivalry and gentlemanly sophistication anymore. 

Edited: 3 days ago
2/18/20
HillboFrateTrane - 

Gabriel Gonzaga is exactly like this although he is a BJJ black belt.  Gonzaga never trained for fight except for Couture fight.  He refused to train.  Extremely lazy but could hang with any top 10 HW at any time.  He has great athleticism, size, strength, power....BUT refused to train like a Champion.

3 days ago
5/7/09
On a SideNote -
HillboFrateTrane - 

Gabriel Gonzaga is exactly like this although he is a BJJ black belt.  Gonzaga never trained for fight except for Couture fight.  He refused to train.  Extremely lazy but could hang with any top 10 HW at any time.  He has great athleticism, size, strength, power....BUT refused to train like a Champion.

I remember when they did an Unleashed or one of the documentary series on Gonzaga & they showed his "trainer" & it was like your local Joe trainer at 24hr fitness putting him through a generic workout saying the typical corporate jargon.  Was pretty funny.

3 days ago
2/18/20
william795 - 
On a SideNote -
HillboFrateTrane - 

I remember when they did an Unleashed or one of the documentary series on Gonzaga & they showed his "trainer" & it was like your local Joe trainer at 24hr fitness putting him through a generic workout saying the typical corporate jargon.  Was pretty funny.

Yep.  I know exactly who that is and you are right.

It was frustrating to see because Gonzaga's ceiling was so high.

3 days ago
2/10/20

My balls was hot” dude should forget that line cuz its isnt funny or catchy or anything else, its sounds so non original, but atleast he is trying, probably watches “fun” memes and tries to come with something catchy, nop sounds dump and copied

3 days ago
12/15/09
Ministry of Truth - Who doesn't really train as much or hard as he should but just has a natural gift for fighting?

I get that feeling.

Some people just don't have gas tanks just like some people don't have strength. 

Im actually one of those guys. When I was training hard and in really good shape even running a 5k would be miserable but even dudes that weighed 50 more pounds than me couldn't push me around. It is what it is . Every one's different in what their bodies can do. 

3 days ago
5/7/09
bluebelt4ever -
Ministry of Truth - Who doesn't really train as much or hard as he should but just has a natural gift for fighting?

I get that feeling.

Some people just don't have gas tanks just like some people don't have strength. 

Im actually one of those guys. When I was training hard and in really good shape even running a 5k would be miserable but even dudes that weighed 50 more pounds than me couldn't push me around. It is what it is . Every one's different in what their bodies can do. 

That is true

2 days ago
7/16/12

I think he trains often . I feel he just trolls everyone . I believe he takes it seriously.

2 days ago
6/14/12
BobbyBoston -

I think he trains often . I feel he just trolls everyone . I believe he takes it seriously.

This is my take.