UnderGround Forums Israel Adesanya vs. Anderson Silva

5 days ago
1/1/01
Anderson showed his age, for him, but crazy how much he could still put on that much of a show. He was still difficult for Israel, very technical on both sides. Israel faster, more creative, more fluid at this point but it would have been great to see Anderson in there some years ago.

This was a far better showing for Anderson than against Bisping and Israel is the better, faster, more modern striker.

Israel may not have gotten the finish but he showed some maturity, fight IQ and patience.

Good showmanship on both sides, really technical and not often you get to see 2 real creative fighters in there.

Hats off to Anderson.
5 days ago
3/19/05
Erik Apple - 

Anderson won the 2nd. And could have won the 3rd if he wasnt fucking around.

Israel is way overrated 

I think Anderson's endurance wasn't holding up at that point. There was definitely a lot of masking in the 3rd.
5 days ago
5/28/12

29-28 30-27 , 30-27

5 days ago
3/24/15

43 years old after a 2 year layoff, not a bad performance. Would have liked to see more effort in the third from him though. He should fight Nick Diaz again.

5 days ago
5/18/15

Lol, always with the fk’n 29-28...

Edited: 5 days ago
6/16/07
taintpuncher -

43 years old after a 2 year layoff, not a bad performance. Would have liked to see more effort in the third from him though. He should fight Nick Diaz again.

That's the fight to make. Nick would come back for that one. 

5 days ago
4/20/08
samichlaus -
Non N00B - 

Like I said in another thread, prime Andy DEMOLISHES this dude. This is at 43 and after a 2 year fucking lay off. He wobbled that kid like 4 or 5 times

Prime Rocky Marciano would kick both their asses.

Only in aikido

5 days ago
1/1/01
taintpuncher - 

He wasn't able to find Israel, he was the slower, older, less active guy, he was trying to find the counter but Israel doesn't over extend himself and wasn't falling for Anderson's tricks. Still, great showing by Anderson, flashes of vintage Spider.
5 days ago
3/6/13

I think isreal was a bit star struck. He didn't use his jab or his feints really at all in the fight and that was his biggest advantage against Anderson.  A bit too much respect. I was entertained though 

5 days ago
10/9/05
Anderson looked good considering his age, surprised he took shots so well, so willingly even. Israel looked dangerous and fast, but glad people's prediction of him destroying Anderson did not come true, not even close, but it was very tense to watch.

Will be interesting to see what's next for him considering the title fight fell apart, maybe he's trying to leap over Gastelum hence the mild shot at Whittaker in the post-fight which got him booed, lol.
5 days ago
1/29/14

Eh coulda been worse. I got worried when Anderson got wobbled, but overall I think he did good and showed the world this kid isn’t the second coming. I say stop coddling this dude and give him Yoel next

5 days ago
1/1/01
MrHughes1991 - 

I think isreal was a bit star struck. He didn't use his jab or his feints really at all in the fight and that was his biggest advantage against Anderson.  A bit too much respect. I was entertained though 

Huh? Anderson was def biting on his feints. He just wasn't gonna over extend himself and take the kind of chances that Anderson feasts on. That showed some good fight IQ on Israel's part.
5 days ago
1/1/01
well...for krists sake...for those of us not watching...WHO WON?

Thanks.
5 days ago
9/13/11
prof - well...for krists sake...for those of us not watching...WHO WON?

Thanks.

Adesanya won UD.

5 days ago
3/19/05
Wasa-B - Anderson showed his age, for him, but crazy how much he could still put on that much of a show. He was still difficult for Israel, very technical on both sides. Israel faster, more creative, more fluid at this point but it would have been great to see Anderson in there some years ago.

This was a far better showing for Anderson than against Bisping and Israel is the better, faster, more modern striker.

Israel may not have gotten the finish but he showed some maturity, fight IQ and patience.

Good showmanship on both sides, really technical and not often you get to see 2 real creative fighters in there.

Hats off to Anderson.

Hats off agreed. And Stylebender did show maturity by holding off at times. It's crazy that Silva's chin held up as well.

I think Silva imo naturally has more pop in his hands (during his prime) than Adesanya. But Spider couldn't really react as fast as he used to and kept chasing. If he was in his prime I think he would have gotten the finish.
5 days ago
1/1/01
RepsOne - 
prof - well...for krists sake...for those of us not watching...WHO WON?

Thanks.

Adesanya won UD.

Thanks!
5 days ago
1/1/01
ClydeErwinBarret - 
Wasa-B - Anderson showed his age, for him, but crazy how much he could still put on that much of a show. He was still difficult for Israel, very technical on both sides. Israel faster, more creative, more fluid at this point but it would have been great to see Anderson in there some years ago.

Hats off to Anderson.

Hats off agreed. And Stylebender did show maturity by holding off at times. It's crazy that Silva's chin held up as well.

I think Silva imo naturally has more pop in his hands (during his prime) than Adesanya. But Spider couldn't really react as fast as he used to and kept chasing. If he was in his prime I think he would have gotten the finish.

Agreed. I think Anderson was rolling with the punches to take the sting off? Im thinking Anderson would have been able to turn it up more in his prime and have better counters with more meaning. I wouldn't underestimate Israel either though, he doesn't lend himself to the kind of counters Anderson feasted on either.
5 days ago
11/9/15

Anderson's defensive reaction time looked incredibly sharp at times, but his offensive didn't have the same speed.

5 days ago
2/2/15

Prime Silva would have made this look easy. This was a moral victory for Silva imo, he was supposed to get mauled by this supposedly better version of himself and made it competitive. Style Bender would have nothing for prime Silva.

5 days ago
1/22/17
Bilge Water - 

Prime Silva would have made this look easy. This was a moral victory for Silva imo, he was supposed to get mauled by this supposedly better version of himself and made it competitive. Style Bender would have nothing for prime Silva.

Anderson of 2008 KOs Israel, IMO.
5 days ago
4/12/11

Isreal was faster, but Anderson seemed a couple of moves ahead of him. Good fight.

5 days ago
8/31/10
mix headroom -

Anderson's defensive reaction time looked incredibly sharp at times, but his offensive didn't have the same speed.

I agree. There was one instance in particular in the 2nd round I think, where his hands were down at his side and Israel through a 3 punch combo from which Cruz said he landed two of them, but I am pretty sure they all missed. Even in the replay between rounds Cruz was claiming punches landed, yet I was even more convinced they all missed. There were other instances where his defense was clearly on point throughout the fight, but that one stuck out for me for some reason.

5 days ago
10/9/10
ClydeErwinBarret -

Hats off to Anderson.

Stylebender did show maturity for sure, and there were some things he was looking for in there that he couldn’t get. He kept trying to set up the high kick, and from orthodox he kept looking for the hook kick. I was wondering why he didn’t stay orthodox and look for the right high kick against a south paw... but i figured he thought Anderson would see that. 

He was also trying to time the knee when Anderson was chasing him around, never quite got it. Anderson also did a lot of weird shit in there, I don’t think Adesanya ever quite got his timing. If I had to guess I would say he thinks it’s not his best performance, but it was still brilliant. 

5 days ago
5/30/15
PelosiesPanties -

Silva just showed that Adesanya is all talk and no action. He's nowhere ready to be champion. The well rounded MWs will destroy him.

Feed him to Romero next

I'd love that fight.

And I'd pick Israel to win. 

5 days ago
10/9/10
Gartlin -
PelosiesPanties -

Silva just showed that Adesanya is all talk and no action. He's nowhere ready to be champion. The well rounded MWs will destroy him.

Feed him to Romero next

I'd love that fight.

And I'd pick Israel to win. 

Same here. Doesn’t matter to me, I would pick Stylebender over pretty much anyone in the top five and also against the current champ.