UnderGround Forums Jon Jones: See You In A Year Or 2 ($ Stalemate)

13 days ago
12/9/02

he doesnt have the leverage he thinks he has

he is 100% tito ortiz 2.0

13 days ago
1/17/03
yomamafool -

he doesnt have the leverage he thinks he has

he is 100% tito ortiz 2.0

Very accurate

13 days ago
7/8/06

Dude’s a mess.

13 days ago
6/9/16

Ngannou isn't siding with the UFC here:

13 days ago
9/13/18

Lol wtf. Jones vs Ngannou would be absolutely crazy, not sure how that's not the fight to make. Pay the men the money they want. 

13 days ago
1/24/17

You guys are so dramatic haha. This is called negotiation. Relax.

Jon is putting this all out in the public to put more pressure on the UFC.

13 days ago
5/11/13

The UFC will soon be out of the Jon Jones business a few losses down the the road they will have no reason to work with this P.R. nightmare anymore. Him and his crew who apparently enable him are the only ones that don't see he has no future after this.

13 days ago
3/2/13

I wonder how many people are going to ignore the fact that Francis is actually agreeing with Jon about the UFC not paying the money needed, and continue to just bash Jon.

13 days ago
8/20/03

Does anyone NOT think Jones will end up broke and crazy?

13 days ago
6/26/06
Captain Canuck - 

Does anyone NOT think Jones will end up broke and crazy?

17 years you're here, and this is what you come up with? Do better bro.
13 days ago
12/9/02
Captain_Underpants -

I wonder how many people are going to ignore the fact that Francis is actually agreeing with Jon about the UFC not paying the money needed, and continue to just bash Jon.

Oh shit good point. That changes everything!! 

If Francis agrees then that must mean... wait what does that mean?

13 days ago
8/18/13

Both Jones & Ngannou over estimate this fight. Francis adds no buys at all to a Jones main event no matter how exciting the prospect of it is to those who follow the sport closely.

Jones Cormier 3 would do more buys, and we already know how that ends 

13 days ago
9/26/10

lol. these guys are acting like they are fixin to put on gsp vs Silva. ufc is right. if this fight is so huge, they will make more money through ppv buys

13 days ago
9/12/10
Dreville79 -

Both Jones & Ngannou over estimate this fight. Francis adds no buys at all to a Jones main event no matter how exciting the prospect of it is to those who follow the sport closely.

Jones/Ngannou fight would do huge numbers. I think the current casual fan along with the old school fan that no longer watches all the PPVs will jump in on this one. It also has the possibility of the "villian" getting his head knocked into outer space which judging by this thread, many people want to see. I personally don't have any hard feelings towards Jones and I think both of these guys deserve to get paid for the risk and the numbers it'll bring in. 

13 days ago
12/7/14

Would be such a bad time for Jones to go out, couple very questionable wins with all the stuff in the background. 

13 days ago
8/18/13
Proud10er -
Dreville79 -

Jones/Ngannou fight would do huge numbers. I think the current casual fan along with the old school fan that no longer watches all the PPVs will jump in on this one. It also has the possibility of the "villian" getting his head knocked into outer space which judging by this thread, many people want to see. I personally don't have any hard feelings towards Jones and I think both of these guys deserve to get paid for the risk and the numbers it'll bring in. 

Casual fans have no fucking clue who Ngannou is any more than they did Reyes or Santos. 

You know how casuals don’t warm to Stipe? I said in a recent thread, part of that is his name sounds unamerican. The casual market needs a relatable name/persona, the causal market is dumb and likes reality TV, Ngannou has neither to ingrain himself on their minds  

I’d love the guy to be a draw, he’s what HW has needed for years, but he never will be. Unless maybe he knocks Jones the fuck out, but I really don’t think Jones has any intention of ever fighting at HW while he’s unbeaten at LHW

Edited: 13 days ago
9/22/11

Its a bad excuse from jon. He dont want Francis at any weight.

That ppv would sell a bunch and he would make more than a dc fight.

This is him walking away with his tail between his legs after jawing at the big dog.

He is staying in his lane like a good boy.

13 days ago
1/27/20

The #UFC doesn't want to make this fight and risk Jones getting flat lines in 20 seconds. That would absolutely kill his star power at light heavy and you all know this. If he moved up they would want him to take a few gimme fights before they put him in against a monster of a natural heavy weight. 

13 days ago
12/16/11

Pay the man Dana

Edited: 13 days ago
1/1/01

The devil is always in the details and none of know what the terms of the discussions actually entailed, but if the UFC did not offer Jones more to fight FN than Jones makes for fighting at light heavyweight,  than the UFC simply doesn’t want to make the fight for their own personal reasons. 

13 days ago
12/9/13

Dana: if you don't fight i'll strip you, who have to get the div moving.

13 days ago
2/19/18
Dreville79 -
Proud10er -
Dreville79 -

Casual fans have no fucking clue who Ngannou is any more than they did Reyes or Santos. 

You know how casuals don’t warm to Stipe? I said in a recent thread, part of that is his name sounds unamerican. The casual market needs a relatable name/persona, the causal market is dumb and likes reality TV, Ngannou has neither to ingrain himself on their minds  

I’d love the guy to be a draw, he’s what HW has needed for years, but he never will be. Unless maybe he knocks Jones the fuck out, but I really don’t think Jones has any intention of ever fighting at HW while he’s unbeaten at LHW

Jones is Jones and Ngannou is a huge scary hw who ko’s everyone, people will tune in, the ufc just needs to market it right

13 days ago
4/5/08
That dude's not going to be able to keep his nose clean for that long. He's also not going to be able to not spend money long enough.
13 days ago
8/18/13
livelaughlove -
Dreville79 -
Proud10er -
Dreville79 -

Jones is Jones and Ngannou is a huge scary hw who ko’s everyone, people will tune in, the ufc just needs to market it right

That’s not gonna happen though because there’s a real chance Ngannou knocks out their unbeaten draw in Jones. He’s got viable rematches with two fighters he’s now figured out and with his incredible fight IQ will probably dominate next time out. A couple of young guys coming through to feed to Jones too early as well. That’s 2-3 years of fights to pretty much guarantee he remains undefeated, and that’s the UFCs number one priority. If they book Jones v Ngannou, the payday has to offset the cards down the road that will do less as Jones has a L on his record, and it simply wouldn’t 

13 days ago
3/23/06

Good for Jon.  Get your life on track and come back a better man.  Just like he did when he came back and stole the UFC 200 show after Conor lost.  Oh wait...