UnderGround Forums Jon Jones: See You In A Year Or 2 ($ Stalemate)

1 day ago
7/12/15

Jones and Francis are about to learn the hard way—and make the example for other fighters—that the Endeavor era UFC doesn’t care about the fights that the fans want.  They’ll let these two shelf themselves and keep cranking out shit cards without them.

1 day ago
11/5/19
BringBackGoldy - 

Its a bad excuse from jon. He dont want Francis at any weight.

That ppv would sell a bunch and he would make more than a dc fight.

This is him walking away with his tail between his legs after jawing at the big dog.

He is staying in his lane like a good boy.

Except Francis said the same thing. Now redo your post with his name
1 day ago
4/12/11

Health, fitness, family

Or

Guns, cocaine, and strippers.

1 day ago
1/1/01
yomamafool -

he doesnt have the leverage he thinks he has

he is 100% tito ortiz 2.0

Disagree. Tito was ducking Chuck while looking for a raise. Jones has fucked everyone. Pay that man. 

1 day ago
3/17/14
BubblesNS -

Health, fitness, family

Or

Guns, cocaine, and strippers.

nothing wrong with all the above

1 day ago
5/11/13

Picogram guy must be a sociopath to be confused why UFC doesn't want to give him upfront money.....let's review 

1) Declining skills and hasn't looked amazing in his last few fights. 

2) Huge risk in Jon popping either before or after the fight for Roids, Coke, Bluechew...ect...

3) They have no confidence that if victorious he can make it wire to wire one calendar year without driving under the influence, domestic dispute or hunting errrr chatting with homeless folks while wasted with a loaded firearm. 

UfC is better off with letting nature take it's course with Jon at 205 and wishing him well with his future endeavors. Jon is free at that point to go negotiate a legends contract with TMZ or run around naked in local police station the week before the playoffs high on whatever with brother Chandler or whatever he wants.

1 day ago
1/1/01

I have no sympathy for Jon.  Maybe if he wasn't such a screw up the UFC would be more willing to throw out bigger numbers.  

1 day ago
1/1/01

Lost is this is that it wouldn't be a good fight. Ngannou is our modern day Tank Abbott. Fun but highly beatable by well rounded guys with an actual game plan. Stipe, DC and Jones all handle Ngannou. If any of those fights happen, easy money.

1 day ago
2/9/09
wizbang -

Lost is this is that it wouldn't be a good fight. Ngannou is our modern day Tank Abbott. Fun but highly beatable by well rounded guys with an actual game plan. Stipe, DC and Jones all handle Ngannou. If any of those fights happen, easy money.

Tank was 17-2? Also you right cause Blaydes has shit game plans, as well as Reem and JDS....Im shocked you're an 01er

1 day ago
9/17/11

Seriously...STFU crybaby and focus on staying out of an orange jumpsuit for a few months and making your daughters proud instead of embarrassed for a change.

1 day ago
1/1/01
The Closed Guard -
wizbang -

Tank was 17-2? Also you right cause Blaydes has shit game plans, as well as Reem and JDS....Im shocked you're an 01er

Let me explain.  He's Tank in that hes fun to watch for the wild powerful punches and possible results.  Hes obviously actually better than Tank.

Hes great with people who want to trade, except when he fought scared against Lewis.  He'll have very little success with top guys like Stipe, DC and Jones who will implement a game plan that wont involve stand and bang at distance.  

He'll have an MMA job for a long time but his ceiling is not as Champion.

1 day ago
10/21/10

Someone called this like 2 weeks ago,, Jones was gonna say UFC didn't offer him enough money.. Jones gonna Bones.

1 day ago
1/1/01
Does he sell PPV's like a Brock, Conner or Diaz? Why would he get more money no matter what weight class he's in?
1 day ago
5/13/05
wizbang -
The Closed Guard -
wizbang -

Let me explain.  He's Tank in that hes fun to watch for the wild powerful punches and possible results.  Hes obviously actually better than Tank.

Hes great with people who want to trade, except when he fought scared against Lewis.  He'll have very little success with top guys like Stipe, DC and Jones who will implement a game plan that wont involve stand and bang at distance.  

Blaydes and Cain both tried to take him down in their fights. Ngannou still put them out with ko's.

1 day ago
7/1/03

Is there a chance UFC actually can't afford to open up their pockets for this fight without a live gate?

1 day ago
1/1/01
cyberc92 -
wizbang -
The Closed Guard -
wizbang -

Blaydes and Cain both tried to take him down in their fights. Ngannou still put them out with ko's.

Blaydes is certainly a heck of a wrestler and Cain was a champ at one point but was wrapping it up by the time he fought Ngannou.

Jones, Stipe and DC would all present very well against Ngannou.  Stipe, of course, already has.  I believe that Jones would dismantle him.  Not that it matters but I'm not a Jones fan generally speaking.

Edited: 1 day ago
12/9/02
Corn Pop -
BringBackGoldy - 

Its a bad excuse from jon. He dont want Francis at any weight.

That ppv would sell a bunch and he would make more than a dc fight.

This is him walking away with his tail between his legs after jawing at the big dog.

He is staying in his lane like a good boy.

Except Francis said the same thing. Now redo your post with his name

BringBackGoldy makes a great point no matter what francis says

this fight isnt bigger than a huge ppv buy-share fight. its not conor vs gsp level or anywhere near it, and even that fight would probably be worth more for the ppv buys

so why is jon passing up this MASSIVE PPV opportunity

1. he knows its not going to sell as much as he needs it to

or

2. he doesnt really want to fight francis

or

3. both

1 day ago
8/22/14

This plays towards my conspiracy that the UFC has been discouraging the move to heavyweight this whole time behind the scenes. 

Of course they don't want him going up there and making one of there very best fighters look foolish.

1 day ago
6/18/13

One or more of you on here correctly predicted this when the Jones/Ngannou Twitter talk started.  People on here and Instagram called it in advance by saying, "Jones will duck this fight by making it about money.  He doesn't want that smoke."  Didn't take long for that to come true.  

1 day ago
4/11/10

OK Bye

1 day ago
4/7/16

Fight would do big ppv numbers. Jones should be happy to make that money plus the $500,000 or whatever he gets for the fight. However, I am sure he wants $1,000,000 plus for the fight as well as the ppv money. 

1 day ago
1/1/01
Silverladder -

One or more of you on here correctly predicted this when the Jones/Ngannou Twitter talk started.  People on here and Instagram called it in advance by saying, "Jones will duck this fight by making it about money.  He doesn't want that smoke."  Didn't take long for that to come true.  

Possible he's negotiating or at least thinks he is negotiating with his tweet.  I just don't think he's fearful.  He's a lot of things but I don't see that.

Edited: 1 day ago
7/30/03
Rabid Bunyip -

As soon as this was posted a NY Times article was published about Conor being a rapest. When Conor unretired nothing lese was mentioned. Who knows what news stories we will hear about Jon Jones in the future if he plays hard ball.

1 day ago
2/9/09
wizbang -
The Closed Guard -
wizbang -

I take it that you missed the Blaydes and Cain fights? 

1 day ago
1/1/01
The Closed Guard -
wizbang -
The Closed Guard -
wizbang -

I take it that you missed the Blaydes and Cain fights? 

No, saw them but as I addressed above, although good, they aren't Stipe, Jones or DC.  

Ngannou is the flavor of the month for the second time in his career and I suspect Jones sees an opportunity to capitalize on a dangerous but highly beatable opponent.