UnderGround Forums Jon Jones: See You In A Year Or 2 ($ Stalemate)

1 day ago
10/14/12
BubblesNS - 

Health, fitness, family

Or

Guns, cocaine, and strippers.

Daytime & Nightime are two different times!
1 day ago
6/9/16

1 day ago
10/3/02

All that wasted talent.  This guy says one thing, but shows zero respect to his sport, his oppenents and his business.  Dana should fire him, based on his habitual illegal behavior.  He's a great fighter, but a terrible person and a shit ambassador for his sport.  Eff JBJ and his demands.

1 day ago
12/9/02
multiculturaljoseph -
yomamafool -

he doesnt have the leverage he thinks he has

he is 100% tito ortiz 2.0

Disagree. Tito was ducking Chuck while looking for a raise. Jones has fucked everyone. Pay that man. 

why should the ufc pay him? because he 'deserves' it? lol

1 day ago
9/2/10
Darb -

All that wasted talent.  This guy says one thing, but shows zero respect to his sport, his oppenents and his business.  Dana should fire him, based on his habitual illegal behavior.  He's a great fighter, but a terrible person and a shit ambassador for his sport.  Eff JBJ and his demands.

lol wasted talent?

Really?

1 day ago
3/22/16
multiculturaljoseph - 
yomamafool -

Disagree. Tito was ducking Chuck while looking for a raise. Jones has fucked everyone. Pay that man. 

Id say UFC has done Jon more favors than Vice Versa. They have given him multiple chances after his many fuck ups. If anything Jon owes the UFC one. if it wasnt for Dana giving Jon multiple chances, Jon would not have any of the money has. Also, making demands after being arrested?? cmon Jonny, put that grade A smoke down and think for a second
1 day ago
10/3/02
Precise_Improvement -
Darb -

lol wasted talent?

Really?

Yes.  He gets himself in trouble constantly, comitting crime and using drugs.  He gets caught, and he gets removed from the game for awhile.  He gets back into the ring, he wins, and he gets in shit again.  Then he gets into money disputes with Dana, again removing himself from the game.  His criminal behavior, drug use and selfishness have caused many of his prime years in the sport to pass him by.  This is how he is wasting his talent.  Is that unclear, or do you disagree?

1 day ago
9/8/10

They should have just let him go to prison lmao

1 day ago
10/1/16
Stu Cazzo - 

Whaaaaa!!!!

Whaaaaa!!!

Of all the people on this forum, I'm not surprised you're the one who eats whatever shit your bosses feed you, never questioning, just being a good little bitch. 

1 day ago
2/19/18
Dreville79 -
livelaughlove -
Dreville79 -
Proud10er -
Dreville79 -

Both Jones & Ngannou over estimate this fight. Francis adds no buys at all to a Jones main event no matter how exciting the prospect of it is to those who follow the sport closely.

Jones Cormier 3 would do more buys, and we already know how that ends 

Jones/Ngannou fight would do huge numbers. I think the current casual fan along with the old school fan that no longer watches all the PPVs will jump in on this one. It also has the possibility of the "villian" getting his head knocked into outer space which judging by this thread, many people want to see. I personally don't have any hard feelings towards Jones and I think both of these guys deserve to get paid for the risk and the numbers it'll bring in. 

Casual fans have no fucking clue who Ngannou is any more than they did Reyes or Santos. 

You know how casuals don’t warm to Stipe? I said in a recent thread, part of that is his name sounds unamerican. The casual market needs a relatable name/persona, the causal market is dumb and likes reality TV, Ngannou has neither to ingrain himself on their minds  

I’d love the guy to be a draw, he’s what HW has needed for years, but he never will be. Unless maybe he knocks Jones the fuck out, but I really don’t think Jones has any intention of ever fighting at HW while he’s unbeaten at LHW

Jones is Jones and Ngannou is a huge scary hw who ko’s everyone, people will tune in, the ufc just needs to market it right

That’s not gonna happen though because there’s a real chance Ngannou knocks out their unbeaten draw in Jones. He’s got viable rematches with two fighters he’s now figured out and with his incredible fight IQ will probably dominate next time out. A couple of young guys coming through to feed to Jones too early as well. That’s 2-3 years of fights to pretty much guarantee he remains undefeated, and that’s the UFCs number one priority. If they book Jones v Ngannou, the payday has to offset the cards down the road that will do less as Jones has a L on his record, and it simply wouldn’t 

yeah, I agree with that

1 day ago
2/11/20

Wow I am shocked that Jones won't be fighting at HW lol. Only been 10 years of this BS with him.

1 day ago
7/30/03
Taco Muncher -

Almost every fighter with very few exceptions wishes they could leave a legacy like he has. And that includes Conor, D.C., etc. Maybe Khabib or Rickson are the only ones who will be as content with there legacy as he will be.

1 day ago
1/24/17
AwaysTheDiscontinuedOne -

Wow I am shocked that Jones won't be fighting at HW lol. Only been 10 years of this BS with him.

He was supposed to fight at HW in 2010? Before he even won the title?

1 day ago
1/24/17
Darb -

Yes Jones is wasting his talent. It sucks, he would have become the UFC champion eventually.

Oh wait...

1 day ago
3/18/14

The move to heavyweight needed to happen 5+ years ago. Prime Jones at heavyweight would have been an all time mma moment

1 day ago
10/3/02
The Immortal One -
Darb -

Yes Jones is wasting his talent. It sucks, he would have become the UFC champion eventually.

Oh wait...

You are right.  He is a champion.  All of the time that he has wasted by being absent from the ring due to criminal acts, drug use and unprofessional behavior has in no way been a waste of his talents and prime fighting years.  I totally see your point.  

1 day ago
10/31/07

I hope while he’s out he does more dumb shit, gets arrested for the 15th time and is done in the ufc for good. Piece of shit

1 day ago
5/11/13

1 day ago
1/1/01

All you faggots crying about feelings forget the facts lol

1 day ago
1/1/01
brody3316 -

Oh god lmao

1 day ago
5/11/13

1 day ago
8/21/13

Chael needs to be on the next comedy central roast. 

1 day ago
7/10/12
Don J -
multiculturaljoseph - 
yomamafool -

Id say UFC has done Jon more favors than Vice Versa. They have given him multiple chances after his many fuck ups. If anything Jon owes the UFC one. if it wasnt for Dana giving Jon multiple chances, Jon would not have any of the money has. Also, making demands after being arrested?? cmon Jonny, put that grade A smoke down and think for a second

The UFC has done better out of every single fighter they have ever contracted then vice cersa

When they do “favors” for fighters like Jones they are doing so for their own bottom line, not providing them “chances” out of the kindness of their heart.

Yes the fighter makes money in the process, but providing that income is not the UFC’s priority

Stating  the obvious I know, but at no point was the UFC risking their own profit in their decision making regarding Jones. A fundamental understanding of business is all that’s required to get this

Edited: 1 day ago
12/10/09
multiculturaljoseph -
CindyDanoisstrikingcoach -

What a surprise, Jones talks himself out of the fight! 

You’re dumber than a $2 whore.

LOL @ Jones fighting Francis for the same money. Dana is trash for this.

If he gets PPV points and that fight sells huge, it wouldn’t be the “same money.”

And while Dana might be shady, I have to laugh at taking Jon Jones word for any of this. 

1 day ago
4/11/11

Dana is such a cheapskate.