UnderGround Forums Jon Jones loses in next three fights

9 days ago
10/20/10

Think about, he’s had pretty lackluster performances since USADA. The only great performance was the TKO of Cormier, which was a ruled a NC because he tested dirty. I don’t care what you guys think, I know they are constantly creating new drugs for performance that can pass the current system, I guarantee he got caught trying one of those and girvpoopped. His physique looks different too, not just his performances. I favor DC over Jon if they fight again at heavy, just depends on how quickly age cathcges up with Cornier. Jon has stated he won’t fight Cormier st heavy, why? Because he knows. He barely made it past Santos. At this point he’s fighting blown up middleweights and barely succeeding. Once a cheat always a cheat.

9 days ago
9/24/18

Against DC at 205, Walker, Reyes, Weidman, Anderson i'm still taking Jones over all of them. I haven't seen anything from Jones to suggest that any of his challengers at 205 have anything for him. 

If DC gets himself in the shape of his life and can go 5 hard rounds with Jon I can see a really close fight. But at his age I don't see him being able to get by Jones. 

9 days ago
8/23/04

No way. 

Jones has been toying with his past few opponents. I don’t need to explain. Against gusta, domination. The legit number one contender. Against the rest, sparring match where they couldn’t even touch him. And he even played into their game. I totally believe him when he says that he was doing fine so why change the plan. He is that good. He needs to move to heavyweight. He is big shark in small pond. Not very impressive in my opinion. 

9 days ago
1/13/11

I thought about it...

only facts I can assess are Jons previous fights. 

1) he fought much tougher opponents than the ones talked about currently 2) He never lost 3) he adapts extremely well in fights. 

of course he can always lose but based on my analysis, i find it highly likely he destroys or oicks apart anyone in the lhw division

9 days ago
4/25/11

I dislike JJ as much as the next descent, non piece of shit human being... But too many variables go into calling that. Opponents, weight, etc...   

9 days ago
1/1/01

He hasn't lost 3 in his career, so I see him losing 3 in a row a stretch.

9 days ago
2/15/06
PatK - 

Thread title was losing IN the next three fights. I took it to mean that Jones would pick up a loss in one of this next 3.
9 days ago
3/5/11

Santos already beat him on one leg

9 days ago
1/1/01
StrikingMMA - 
PatK - 

Thread title was losing IN the next three fights. I took it to mean that Jones would pick up a loss in one of this next 3.

my bad

9 days ago
5/8/16

The only man right now to beat Jones ass is Romero if he would just move up.

9 days ago
4/20/08

Everybody seems to forget the fact he MURDERED Gus in his last 3 fights 

9 days ago
4/20/08

Everybody seems to forget the fact he MURDERED Gus in his last 3 fights. People remember Cormier, Smith and Santos

8 days ago
10/26/05

That's a bet I wouldn't take. 

8 days ago
7/30/03

At this level you could take any fighter in the world and  say they will lose one of their next three fights and the odds will be in your favor. 

For someone to go go on a run like Jones, Khabib, Askren, etc means that they have a ton of skill and a lot of luck also.

8 days ago
3/13/08
Fahqhard -

The only man right now to beat Jones ass is Romero if he would just move up.

Romero has absolutely nothing for Jones.  Jones would son him hard.

8 days ago
8/9/19

He didn’t finish Smith but gave him an almighty beat down. Those knees against the cage (less the illegal strike) were brutal.

8 days ago
5/8/16

I wouldn't doubt it. MMA is crazy. Even legends look like they get old overnight. But regardless even if he does, he is still the greatest to ever do it. (If you don't care about the PEDs scandals) 

8 days ago
3/26/13
PatK -

Thats not what he said.

8 days ago
3/18/12
Calhoon -

At this level you could take any fighter in the world and  say they will lose one of their next three fights and the odds will be in your favor. 

For someone to go go on a run like Jones, Khabib, Askren, etc means that they have a ton of skill and a lot of luck also.

Not sure Askrens name should be up with Jones and Khabib. Askren has fought C level competition to pad his record. Since he’s been fighting top competition in the UFC, he’s already been concussed multiple times and is on the wrong side of a record KO. 

Khabib is in a league of his own, where you could probably include DC as well. A lot more  skill than luck for these 2.

Jones has had a lot of PEDs involved in his run. A lot of skill, a lot of PEDs and little luck (outside of not getting popped earlier in his career)

Askren a lot of luck, some skill, and a desire to crush cans on his part. 

8 days ago
6/23/10

For Jones to say hes more motivated than ever to prove he's the best,  he sure has fought conservative.  I think he blasted Gus just because Gus talked shit and lit a fire.  I'm sure he would blast DC again too.  But the guy who defeats Jon will be a sleeper that no one has a lot of faith in, like Smith or Santos almost done.  Santos likely would have won had he not gutted his knee.  Smith was too hesitant but didnt appear to take any damage in his loss, albeit he dealt none either. 

8 days ago
7/27/04
Non N00B -

Everybody seems to forget the fact he MURDERED Gus in his last 3 fights. People remember Cormier, Smith and Santos

Edited: 8 days ago
1/1/01
BreakALegAndy! - 
Calhoon -

Not sure Askrens name should be up with Jones and Khabib. Askren has fought C level competition to pad his record. Since he's been fighting top competition in the UFC, he's already been concussed multiple times and is on the wrong side of a record KO. 

Khabib is in a league of his own, where you could probably include DC as well. A lot more  skill than luck for these 2.

Jones has had a lot of PEDs involved in his run. A lot of skill, a lot of PEDs and little luck (outside of not getting popped earlier in his career)

We've seen from Mighty Mouse and Sage Northcutt that fighting in ONE and Bellator isn't exactly a piece of cake. And you want to talk about luck but not the bad luck of an Olympic wrestler getting picked up and slammed from the clinch by a roided out of his mind Robbie Lawler and then catching a once in a lifetime flying knee?
Edited: 8 days ago
9/24/18
FatBuddha -
BreakALegAndy! - 
Calhoon -

Not sure Askrens name should be up with Jones and Khabib. Askren has fought C level competition to pad his record. Since he's been fighting top competition in the UFC, he's already been concussed multiple times and is on the wrong side of a record KO. 

We've seen from Mighty Mouse and Sage Northcutt that fighting in ONE and Bellator isn't exactly a piece of cake. And you want to talk about luck but not the bad luck of an Olympic wrestler getting picked up and slammed from the clinch by a roided out of his mind Robbie Lawler and then catching a once in a lifetime flying knee?

Mate go fuck yourself with your Lawlor roiding bullshit. Luck has nothing to do with it, Askren just isn’t that good :) deal with it buddeh. 

8 days ago
4/20/08
Maso37 -

He didn’t finish Smith but gave him an almighty beat down. Those knees against the cage (less the illegal strike) were brutal.

Smith turtled up and did nothing, so that he wouldn't get finished. Pride rules he would have been out of there before the final bell

8 days ago
7/30/03
BreakALegAndy! -
Calhoon -

Not sure Askrens name should be up with Jones and Khabib. Askren has fought C level competition to pad his record. Since he’s been fighting top competition in the UFC, he’s already been concussed multiple times and is on the wrong side of a record KO. 

Askren is definitely at that level. A fight with Khabib would be amazing still. He is actually a perfect example of how hard it is to go undefeated because Jorge in all honesty was an opponent that on paper was one of the easier matchups for him stylistically but one mistake at this level will cost you... and by “this level” I am not speaking about the UFC, I am including Bellator and One FC. All three have quality fighters that can beat anyone in the world on any given day.

When it comes to luck though you can minimize the effects by having a great fighting style. Khabib, DC, and Askren have that style. Khabib and Askren more so than DC because of their style but DC has the ability. The style is securing dominant positions where you can score and he has to worry about defending and escaping. It’s a simple style and they do it the best. GSP did it also. That is the style to minimize the luck. DC did it against Anderson but not Jones and it cost him. Jones isn’t easy to do that against though either. Just saying you can be the best striker in the world but you can still get Cro Copped. It’s the nature of striking, the more you trade the higher the risk even if you are dominant like CroCop was against Gonzaga. Being a great ground fighter where you have the most control does not guarantee victory as we saw in Askren vs Masvidal but it does minimize the   opponents offense and in turn gives you the better chance to win. That is why guys like DC, GSP, Khabib, Askren, and most any fighter that goes on an incredible win streak in mma usually have that ability to dominate on the ground. 

And again, Askren is is one of the best. He got caught but he has a great chance of making it back. Maia will be his toughest fight yet imo. None of the guys who beat him lately wanted anything to do with him on the ground. Colby, Marty, and Tyrone all ran from Maia and outpointed him. Masvidal himself got beat by Maia. The one drawback to not developing your hands  as a dominant wrestler is that you have killers like Maia out there who no one wants any part of on the ground. If Ben gets past Maia then he has a great chance of still being the UFC champ and a rematch with Masvidal will still have Ben as the odds on favorite and superfights with Khabib and GSP would still be incredibly fun to watch. Lol at he is not UFC caliber. He is one of the best ever.