UnderGround Forums Jon Jones releases statement after guilty plea

Edited: 4/1/20 11:14 AM
1/1/01

"The wheels of justice turn slowly, but grind exceedingly fine"

Or not so much.

UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones was arrested on Thursday for another DUI, plus negligent use of a firearm, possession of an open container, and driving without proof of insurance. On Monday he reached a plea deal, pleading guilty to the DUI, and seeing the other charges dropped. Jones will be under supervised probation for one-year and will have to serve 96 hours in a community custody program with an ankle monitor, and will be barred from leaving his residence without permission permission.

So it's four days house arrest, during a period when hundreds of millions are sheltered in place.

On Tuesday Jones issued a statement via his rep Denise White:

"While we all work to understand and cope with stress and uncertainties surrounding the current state of our world, I want to express how truly disappointed I am that I have become the source of a negative headline again, especially during these trying times.

"I am disappointed for letting down the people I care about the most, my family, friends and my fans. This morning I entered into a plea deal with the Albuquerque DA's office. I accept full responsibility for my actions and I know that I have some personal work to do to which involves the unhealthy relationship I have with alcohol.

"I have dedicated so much time and energy to improve my community, and I will not allow this personal setback to hinder my work within the community when we need it most. I truly appreciate the support I have received from the community of Albuquerque and all my fans around the world. I very much look forward to putting this behind me."

"Thank you all for your continued love and support and please take care of yourselves."

h/t TMZ Sports.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

4/1/20 1:07 AM
3/20/12

GIF by Giphy QA - Find & Share on GIPHY

4/1/20 1:17 AM
3/9/16

Typical bullshit plea. When a dude has the record he has 

4/1/20 1:19 AM
10/30/03

Lucky guy. Just a non event

4/1/20 1:28 AM
7/8/13

Quite possibly the worst possible statement he could have given. Zero self awareness, zero contrition. This should be in every PR 101 book for how to not give a good public statement. Jon Jones will 100% get another dui. I'd bet my life on it

4/1/20 1:42 AM
8/3/11

4/1/20 2:41 AM
12/29/10
Rambo John J -

GIF by Giphy QA - Find & Share on GIPHY

This is perfect.

4/1/20 2:49 AM
5/11/13

Uh-huh!!!

4/1/20 2:56 AM
9/20/13

There is no way he even wrote a single word of that himself. Just business as usual for the preachers son! 

4/1/20 3:24 AM
2/14/11

I do actually believe God has Jon’s back now. How else can he keep dodging bullets like this? 

Divine intervention!! God is real!!

4/1/20 3:39 AM
4/4/12

What work in community is he referring to? Does running people over and firing guns at the homeless count?  

4/1/20 3:44 AM
8/7/12

Just wish he would drop the act and turn full time bad guy. If your going to be screwing up this bad in the real world. Then you might as well. Might be a bit more likeable. I mean did anyone stop watching Hulk Hogan went he went all "Hollywood" and joined the N.W.O.? Hell no! 

Time to shit or get off the pot assclown!

4/1/20 3:51 AM
7/8/13
Jack London -

What work in community is he referring to? Does running people over and firing guns at the homeless count?  

4/1/20 3:58 AM
7/27/08
spjackson77 -
Jack London -

“I don’t need a court to tell me to keep my community clean”

”But it did, didn’t it...”

haha perfect 

Edited: 4/1/20 5:02 AM
1/1/14

I expected this to be an April fools thing but it’s so hard to know with jon 

4/1/20 6:14 AM
5/30/15

That's not the definition of insanity. Sorry, but it bugs the hell out of me when people say that. 

Oh, and Einstein never said that either. 

4/1/20 6:14 AM
4/10/16

Did he even get a driving ban? 

4/1/20 6:22 AM
9/2/10

Until the next time ..... 

A house arrest isn't going to deter him. Effectively no punishment what's the deterrent? 

Fucking ridiculous, what does this clown have to do to get locked up. Kill someone would be my guess.

4/1/20 6:55 AM
7/15/13

Fuck jon jones

4/1/20 7:05 AM
1/5/11

Jon can't drink. He's an alcoholic. He should be in meetings every day. That isn't his only problem, but it's probably his primary.

What's a dude like that doing with a gun? Why would he fire a round off? I don't think he would have done either if booze wasn't a part. No excuses, deserves whatever sentence.

I don't hate the guy, but he is a fuck up (at this point). He should have done time in past, avoided somehow. This time I think he will get a few months. If not, it won't look good for the prosecutor.

I would not accept no jail time if I was prosecutor though. He needs jail time before he hurts anyone else.

I don't hate the guy, obviously hate his actions. As someone who hasnt had the best time with booze, I would have hung up my drinking gloves years ago if Jones. Jesus, can somone just go get him some weed?  He's not pulling any old west shit if he's baked on weed. It's the fucking booze. Poision for him, and he has to make the conscious choice to stay away from hit if he wants an ok life.

Edited: 4/1/20 7:26 AM
1/12/10

This is the problem I have with the justice system. 

If thiswere just a regular joe with the same priors and current charges, he would be facing mandatory minimum. But because of uncle Dana and expensive lawyers, he’s getting another slap on the wrist with no reason to ever change his ways. 

It’s going to take someone getting seriously hurt again and taking him to the cleaners in civil court for anything to happen. 

4/1/20 7:31 AM
2/27/20

If he had come out with a " fuck you im the bad guy"  statement i think id respect it more.

4/1/20 7:46 AM
1/1/01
Uppercutz - 

Did he even get a driving ban? 

Doesn't look like it. HE just has to install a brethalyzer ignition system. Details are here - https://www.tmz.com/2020/03/31/jon-jones-pleads-guilty-to-dui/

"...negligent use of a deadly weapon and open containers...will be dropped in exchange for Jones' guilty plea on the DWI."

"The reigning UFC light heavyweight champ has struck a deal with prosecutors in which he agreed to 1-year supervised probation. The sentence has not yet been approved by a judge but that's just a matter of time at this point.

As part of the deal, Jones will serve 96 hours in a community custody program -- which is a form of incarceration, but not in a traditional jail cell. We're told it's similar to house arrest. He will wear an ankle monitor, which allows authorities to make sure he doesn't leave his residence unless he has permission.

Officials say Jones will be ordered to "complete a minimum of 90 day out-patient treatment, maximum fines and fees, community service and all other requirements of reporting to probation."

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, officials are allowing Jones to participate in the outpatient program via video conferencing.

As for the community service, Jones must complete 48 total hours.

Jones must also install an ignition interlock device in any vehicle he operates -- which requires him to complete a breathalyzer (to test for alcohol) before the car will start...

Get this ... officials WILL allow Jones to use marijuana during his probation, as long as he has a valid medical card."
4/1/20 7:54 AM
8/18/13

Has anyone checked to see if that Nytron guy is ok? I’m kinda glad Jon got off just to watch him self implode 

4/1/20 8:01 AM
8/19/03
Jack London -

lol