UnderGround Forums Jon Jones will not fight Francis.

22 days ago
9/24/09

DC came out and said he would fight Francis so this is Jon’s way of making it look like he would fight him too. It won’t happen. Jon is probably going to ask for an insane amount of money knowing that the UFC won’t pay it and leaving him to say he wanted to fight but  it didn’t happen because they didn’t pay him enough. He has been pretending he wants to fight heavyweights his entire career. He wouldn’t even fight DC at heavyweight when DC had the belt. He insisted DC cut down to 205 again to fight him. 

if I’m wrong and they sign this fight feel free to abuse me about it. I sure hope I’m wrong but I doubt it. If Jon was serious about going to HW he would have challenged Stipe already. He is just blowing smoke. 

Edited: 22 days ago
11/24/13

Jones is on a two fight losing streak and would get knocked dead by Ngannou.

Jones is a servant of Zuffa now. His new role for the company is to add value to Endeavor via faking being an undefeated star. In reality, he is neither undefeated nor a star. No way Dana would let his cash cow take a fight like that.

Jones is just trying to stay relevant, it's a PR stunt.

22 days ago
3/2/13
S Dubaya -

DC came out and said he would fight Francis so this is Jon’s way of making it look like he would fight him too. It won’t happen. Jon is probably going to ask for an insane amount of money knowing that the UFC won’t pay it and leaving him to say he wanted to fight but  it didn’t happen because they didn’t pay him enough. He has been pretending he wants to fight heavyweights his entire career. He wouldn’t even fight DC at heavyweight when DC had the belt. He insisted DC cut down to 205 again to fight him. 

if I’m wrong and they sign this fight feel free to abuse me about it. I sure hope I’m wrong but I doubt it. If Jon was serious about going to HW he would have challenged Stipe already. He is just blowing smoke. 

Why would Jon move up in weight to fight a guy he's beaten twice?

22 days ago
2/11/20

Jones will never fight Ngannou! He has been saying for YEARS about his big plans to fight at HW but he is all talk. No way in he'll he ever fights Ngannou.

22 days ago
3/15/19

0% chance. Ng would murder him. Jones has looked hittable and slow his last few fights. He better start pumping the picos big time if he is even considering this lunacy. 

20 days ago
1/1/01
Captain_Underpants - 
S Dubaya -

i'm playing devil's advocate a bit here, but i think there's a pretty good argument that Jones's 2 wins against DC are against a competitor who was fighting out of his natural weight class.

DC has a harder time making the weight than Jones that they fought at, this gives Jones an advantage that he wouldn't have at heavyweight. DC clearly does well in either weight class but when facing the best light heavyweight, at light heavyweight, it doesn't do him any favour when he is a natural heavyweight.

So maybe Jones wants to see if he can beat DC, when DC is at his natural weight class, and test himself at a higher weight class.
20 days ago
2/17/03

If Jon fights Francis, it's because he wanted to the fight.

If he doesn't fight Francis, it means he never wanted the fight.

17 days ago
9/24/09
Captain_Underpants -
S Dubaya -

Because DC had the belt. He didn’t go up because the same reason he takes steroids. The same reason he won’t fight guys his own size. The same reason he won’t fight Reyes again. 

he likes having advantages over the guys he fights and making DC cut down to 205 gave Jon advantage because the cut  it took a toll on DC. DC is more dangerous at HW 

17 days ago
2/10/20

Pulsing jon jones via something on ground

17 days ago
1/24/17
Nytron -

Jones is on a two fight losing streak and would get knocked dead by Ngannou.

Jones is a servant of Zuffa now. His new role for the company is to add value to Endeavor via faking being an undefeated star. In reality, he is neither undefeated nor a star. No way Dana would let his cash cow take a fight like that.

Jones is just trying to stay relevant, it's a PR stunt.

jones has never lost. He's the GOAT.

14 days ago
9/24/09

Looks like this was dead on