UnderGround Forums “Jon Jones would Destroy Stipe”

14 days ago
5/7/10

-Brendon Shuab on bis recent podcast episode.  

is he right?

14 days ago
7/18/11

Not the way he's been looking lately. 

14 days ago
4/26/13

He's starting to be seen as human instead of some other worldly specimen.

His time is coming. Makes me wanna see him vs Stipe even more! I think it'd be a good fight. I wanna see how bones handles heavyweight 

Edited: 14 days ago
5/7/10

Are they similar in size? The 205 goat vs the 230 goat?

Same height, same arm reach. 90% of Stipe's wins have been either a KO or TKO. I think Stipe manhandles him. 

14 days ago
10/3/16

Rogan: "I don't think Stipe would get destroyed."

Brendan: "Yeah, it'd probably be pretty close."

Rogan: "I mean he would be moving up in weight, in that weightclass. It might favor Stipe a lot."

Brendan: "Yeah, Stipe would beat him probably."

14 days ago
5/7/10
MarcusAurelioFan -

Rogan: "I mean he would be moving up in weight, in that weightclass. It might favor Stipe a lot."

Lol I remember laughing when I heard this

14 days ago
12/15/19

I think stipe probably gets the KO or TKO. Would love to see that.

13 days ago
11/19/05

I'm a huge Stipe fan and a Jones hater. However, I think Jones would win. Stipe is too slow and not aggressive enough. He has lost a step unfortuntly.

13 days ago
11/30/10

It would be this fighting style that we've been witnessing with 10x the hesitation to engage. Wood knot buy.

13 days ago
10/3/16
GayBred -
MarcusAurelioFan -

Lol I remember laughing when I heard this

I made it up?

13 days ago
1/12/05

Jones just got manhandled by Reyes who has no wrestling. Stipe is HW strong and hits like a HW. Jones loses in the standup and might not be able to take Stipe down. I like Miocic here in a hard decision. 

13 days ago
8/8/18
Fighting -

I'm a huge Stipe fan and a Jones hater. However, I think Jones would win. Stipe is too slow and not aggressive enough. He has lost a step unfortuntly.

So has Jon, he's no where near as aggressive as he used to be.

12 days ago
8/10/05

In order to win, Jon would just have to make it to a decision.
:P

12 days ago
2/17/03

It's an incredibly interesting question.

Jones has looked like a world beater every time he fought an opponent who seemed a "worthy adversary." Shogun, Rampage, Bader, Rashad, Cormier x 2, and Gus the second time.

Is it that he prepared harder? That he rose to the level of competition? Or that his PED regiment was solid?

Which Jones fights Stipe? Can the world beater return or is Jon also getting old?

12 days ago
9/2/10

No he's not right.

11 days ago
6/2/04
wiggum - It's an incredibly interesting question.

Jones has looked like a world beater every time he fought an opponent who seemed a "worthy adversary." Shogun, Rampage, Bader, Rashad, Cormier x 2, and Gus the second time.

Is it that he prepared harder? That he rose to the level of competition? Or that his PED regiment was solid?

Which Jones fights Stipe? Can the world beater return or is Jon also getting old?

I think for the "worthy adversaries" he actually game plans, and fights them in ways that benefit him for the most part. When he's fighting a guy like Santos, Reyes or Gus the first time he says "their only way to beat me is in the stand up, so I should probably find creative ways to get them down...actually...fuck it, I'll just kickbox with them instead."

He did the same shit to Chael...he wanted to wrestle Chael because that's what Chael does.

If you think about it...it's kinda shocking that his recent stoppage wins are over DC and Gus, but he went to decision with guys like Santos, Smith, and fucking OSP.
11 days ago
1/12/12

Jones has problems when people are the same size.  Look at his performance against OSP.  He ran from a one legged Santos (another favorable decision) and should have lost to Reyes.  

What happens we he faces bigger opponents who hit harder than his current competition.

There's a reason he avoids heavies and it's not because he would be successful.  

He has no power in his strikes and his takedowns would be even more limited against guys like Stipe (better, stronger, bigger wrestler than Reyes or Santos or OSP), Volkov, Curtis Blades, Ngan etc.  

Jones knows what's up.  

11 days ago
11/24/13

Schaub and Rogan are the biggest Jones dickriders on the planet. Ignore what they say about Jones, it is complete fanboy nonsense.

Jones is on a two fight losing streak.

11 days ago
7/5/13

I could see Jones edging out a decision by side kicking Stipe's knees and putting his fingers in front of Stipe's eyes all night. I think if it got turned into a dirty scrap like Jones vs Gustoffson I that Jones would be in a lot of trouble.

11 days ago
5/11/12

The world may never know

11 days ago
4/11/10

11 days ago
5/11/04
Fighting - 

His aggression got him KO'd against DC...He played it smart and won the rematch via KO. He IS the legit and current HW champ
11 days ago
5/11/04
Bobby Lupo - 

Jones just got manhandled by Reyes who has no wrestling. Stipe is HW strong and hits like a HW. Jones loses in the standup and might not be able to take Stipe down. I like Miocic here in a hard decision. 

At what point exactly did Jones get "manhandled" by Reyes. Seriously...tell us which round...exactly
11 days ago
1/1/01

I think he would

11 days ago
2/17/03
Rickmassmma - 
wiggum - It's an incredibly interesting question.

I think for the "worthy adversaries" he actually game plans, and fights them in ways that benefit him for the most part. When he's fighting a guy like Santos, Reyes or Gus the first time he says "their only way to beat me is in the stand up, so I should probably find creative ways to get them down...actually...fuck it, I'll just kickbox with them instead."

He did the same shit to Chael...he wanted to wrestle Chael because that's what Chael does.

If you think about it...it's kinda shocking that his recent stoppage wins are over DC and Gus, but he went to decision with guys like Santos, Smith, and fucking OSP.

Great post.