UnderGround Forums “Jon Jones would Destroy Stipe”

2 days ago
3/4/12

Jones is 1st definitive loss is coming real soon boys.

2 days ago
1/12/12
SKARHEAD -
Bobby Lupo - 

Jones just got manhandled by Reyes who has no wrestling. Stipe is HW strong and hits like a HW. Jones loses in the standup and might not be able to take Stipe down. I like Miocic here in a hard decision. 

At what point exactly did Jones get "manhandled" by Reyes. Seriously...tell us which round...exactly

I wouldn't say manhandled by any stretch.  However, Reyes was stronger in the clinches the first 3 rounds.

Jones was able to get him down 3 times total in the 4th and 5th when Reyes wore down but it was not significant in terms of damage or control.

I think Jones would get worked in clinches by heavies.  With no power in his strikes, I don't like his chances against guys like Stipe or several other top heavies for that matter (Blaydes, Volkov, Ngannou etc)  

Edited: 2 days ago
8/15/11

If Stipe wins it will be due to decision with Jones not being decisive enough like his last three fights. 

Otherwise if Jones attacks and his coaches guide him and he listens then he would beat Stipe. 

Sure the power difference is there but he will tire after engaging with Jones. 

Also Belfort, Glover, Rampage, Gus, Cormier all can knock out most humans on the planet and punch as hard as HWs. Stipe getting a KO is not especially more likely due to size. 

11/16/09
GayBred -

Are they similar in size? The 205 goat vs the 230 goat?

Same height, same arm reach. 90% of Stipe’s wins have been either a KO or TKO. I think Stipe manhandles him. 

They don't have the same reach. Stipe is 6'6-7 Jones is like 6'11.

3/5/11

Jon just looks like shit against guys around his own size, probably lost his last two, Stipe finish and easy imo

2 days ago
2/17/03
Bofbro - 

Jon just looks like shit against guys around his own size, probably lost his last two, Stipe finish and easy imo

Why do people keep saying this? He recently finished Gus.
2 days ago
1/12/12
^^^^
Because many people believe Gus beat Jones the first fight. Many believe Santos (one legged) beat him in a close decision. Jone ran the whole fight. Many believe Reyes won.

Look at the OSP fight.

His performances and underwhelming striking (teep kicks and some solid body kicks) against guys his own size is always on display. His punching power is nonexistent.

Jones is basically dangerous on the ground but his good takedowns have somewhat been nullified by bigger LH's.

Heavies would present an even greater issue for Jones.

Is what it is.

1/12/05
SKARHEAD - 
Bobby Lupo - 

Jones just got manhandled by Reyes who has no wrestling. Stipe is HW strong and hits like a HW. Jones loses in the standup and might not be able to take Stipe down. I like Miocic here in a hard decision. 

At what point exactly did Jones get "manhandled" by Reyes. Seriously...tell us which round...exactly

When he just stood up and got to his feet after being taken down, every single time. Every clinch when Jones could do nothing and Reyes would force Jones to stand straight up. 

2 days ago
11/20/05
SKARHEAD -
Bobby Lupo - 

When he was thrown to the ground, knocked down, and cast aside repeatedly when he tried to take him down. Basically the entire fight until Reyes got exhausted.

2 days ago
2/17/03
keithws2 - ^^^^
Because many people believe Gus beat Jones the first fight. Many believe Santos (one legged) beat him in a close decision. Jone ran the whole fight. Many believe Reyes won.

Look at the OSP fight.

His performances and underwhelming striking (teep kicks and some solid body kicks) against guys his own size is always on display. His punching power is nonexistent.

Jones is basically dangerous on the ground but his good takedowns have somewhat been nullified by bigger LH's.

Heavies would present an even greater issue for Jones.

Is what it is.

Completely legit to say that Jones struggles when his height and reach advantage is mitigated.

Illegitimate to say that he always looks like shit. He beat the shit out of Gus.

Plus, it's worth noting that he dominated OSP and the vast majority of people gave him the Santos fight (http://www.mmadecisions.com/decision/10243/Jon-Jones-vs-Thiago-Santos).

Also worth noting that the second Gus fight is the only high profile fight he has had against a rangy fighter.
1 day ago
1/12/12
No argument regarding him looking like shit. I don't think he looked like shit. He fought good fighters. However, he struggles and he lacks power to put guys away who are closer in size.

This does not bode well for Jones if he went against larger and stronger opponents who hit harder. That's all he would face. Guys who could walk him down without fearing the stand up.

Unfortunately, I really don't expect Jones to move up in weight.
1 day ago
1/12/05
StretchPlum - 
SKARHEAD -
Bobby Lupo - 

When he was thrown to the ground, knocked down, and cast aside repeatedly when he tried to take him down. Basically the entire fight until Reyes got exhausted.

That's the fight I was watching