11/24/02

So is this the same Jon? Is that maturity I am hearing ? Lol

9 days ago
3/18/12
FrontBroRian -
TexDeuce - 
Ministry of Truth -
TexDeuce - 
Rickmassmma - Jon's negotiating, plain and simple. He did the same thing when the UFC was talking about him fighting Stipe...he knows the move to HWT is inevitable, and knows he'd win there, but doesn't want to take additional risk for the same money. He's playing it smart, and doesn't care if fans will think he's a pussy. Plus some people will see him complimenting DC, and will start to think he's not truly a bad guy.

Stipe weighed 242 for the DC fight. I'm guessing Jon would be about 235-240 at heavyweight, so it's not like he'd be small. He's trained with several top 10 heavyweights for years, so it's not like he doesn't know how he'd stack up. If he truly thought he'd get worked at heavyweight, he wouldn't be talking about going there at all.

He will go to HW, he has already said he would. Just not against DC. This is like the 5th time he has said he would not fight DC at HW.

He alluded to what he said in the article at a press conference. He said fighting DC at HW would stack all the cards in DC's favor.

Now he has finally explained in full why he won't fight DC at HW. 

Jones is playing a game. He knows fighting DC at HW is what the promoters would want and if he acts like he doesn't want to do it they have to work (AKA pay him a lot) to make it happen.

He won't fight DC at HW. Anyone paying attention can see how he acts anytime fighting DC at HW is brought up. 

Take it to the bank Jon Jones will never fight DC at HW.

Except for the many times he’s said he dies want it...

“But Jones doesn’t stop there. In Jones’ perfect world, he gets to fight Cormier two more time before ‘DC’ retires: once at light heavyweight and then once at heavyweight. That way, he says, he can reclaim the belts he feels should be his.

“Leading into our fourth fight, a possible fourth fight for the heavyweight championship of the world, his confidence won’t be in the right spot,” Jones concludes. “It won’t, and I think it will help me take that fourth victory over him and that heavyweight championship from him. I think I have his number.”

Plus I don’t see DC begging for the fight either.

Lolol your boy isn’t fighting DC a Heavyweight, he doesn’t want to and has said such recently. It’s funny that he doesn’t want to give DC a natural weight advantage but moving up, but will gladly give himself an unnatural and not legal PED advantage at 205. Haha 

Jonny Boy just comes off worse and worse every time he talks. Fuck your weight advantage, I’ll take my PED advantage! Haha

9 days ago
9/3/12
SuperMann -

So is this the same Jon? Is that maturity I am hearing ? Lol

Paging Jake Shields 

9 days ago
2/23/11
Really interesting comments. Basically conceding that DC is his equal skill wise, you never wouldve heard that a year ago. Respect. They won’t fight again, though.
9 days ago
7/27/13

Wow...

God forbid it’s an even fight

9 days ago
5/31/07

I think it would be a really hard cut for DC at this point to make 205...Hes really heavy right now, and by heavy I mean fat.  

Love the dude, but he doesnt look like hes keeping lean so that 205 is still an option, he looks like hes sick of it and is taking it less seriously overall.  Mentally checked out? 

Hopefully hes training better than hes eating if he wants to take out Stipe again.  

As for Jones, no surprise a cowardly PED user  w/ a 10 inch reach advantage is scared of a fight against HW DC.  

9 days ago
2/17/03
Second time I've defend Jones, whom I loathe, this week.

I think this is great. I appreciate that he is being honest.
9 days ago
10/10/18

LOL! Jones is the man. He is having the last laugh at DC.

I hope Jones says, "I beat him twice already? Why fight again. Im good."

That will eat DC out.

9 days ago
1/26/08
FrontBroRian -
Nytron - 

State+UFC sponsored doper & serial cheater wants to stay in a weight class where he enjoys a significant size and strength advantage.

Dude couldn't fight on a level playing field to save his life.

So the consensus is DC is a HW, which is why he’s better there, as the cut to 205 is too much.

Yet Jones has no issues making it.

Have you also been whining the past 5 years that DC cut to get an advantage and it wasn’t fair?

The cut depleted DC, that is the point. He was better at HWT and is still better at HWT. That is why Jon Jones doesn't want to fight him at HWT even though they'd weight about the same.

9 days ago
5/22/05
MountainMedic -
Floppy Divac -
Loper MMA -

Respect. 

This. I can appreciate him saying this. 

Most honest thing I've "heard" him say.

This.

9 days ago
2/20/09

None of this talk matters because Jones is a doping cheater.

This isn’t my opinion or an example of shit talk.  The facts don’t lie.  He’s been busted for doping several times.

I couldn’t care less if/when/who he fights next or if he does.

Pound for pound the worst ambassador this sport has seen.

9 days ago
3/18/14

Jones is dishonest - gets trashed for being a liar

Jones tells the truth here - gets trashed for being a coward

Weight classes exist for a reason 

9 days ago
10/6/02

Why are you all complaining? This the best thing that ever came out of his mouth,

Respect!

9 days ago
1/28/19

Good on him, I like the honesty and I like the respect he’s showing DC.

9 days ago
6/27/02
MountainMedic - 
Floppy Divac -
Loper MMA -

Respect. 

This. I can appreciate him saying this. 

Most honest thing I've "heard" him say.

I'm not buying it... there's an angle here somewhere lol
9 days ago
4/22/07
FrontBroRian -
ShanTheMan - 

Maybe he is right,  maybe not.  At least he straight out said it. 

I personally think he would beat slower fatter DC much easier,  but thats just my opinion.  It would be a true badass move to beat someone at whatever weight class they say. 

Something tells me if in the same spot,  Hendo,  Chuck,  Wandy etc would do it. 

Would do what? Fight a guy a 3rd time? Not sure how that is so noble. He’s fighting everyone out in front of him, including Gus, the guy the UG claimed he was ducking for 5 years because he was scared of him. And then Smith, who the UG said he was avoiding because it was “another guy as tall with a similar reach.” It’s like fans will talk about 5 potential opponents, and then when signs to fight 1 the narrative is he’s ducking the other 4.

Fact is DC is a great fighter but he’s beat him twice. Not sure why HW would be different. Sure dc wouldn’t have to diet and cut and would be stronger. But guess what? Same for Jones.

I meant not avoid someone based on size.  I didnt say shit about the other stuff. 

Edited: 9 days ago
4/16/15

9 days ago
1/3/06

This is also a bit of mind games how he says DC wouldn’t put all of the effort in to coming down to LHW just to get beat again.

He’s doing the Bones way of respectfully disrespecting him

9 days ago
10/17/13
Smart.
9 days ago
2/5/15

“Fighting guys that are my actual same size and in my natural weight class is my best chance of losing” 

8 days ago
1/7/13

Until he moves up GSP is the goat 

8 days ago
2/24/07
If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much - 
FrontBroRian -
Nytron - 

State+UFC sponsored doper & serial cheater wants to stay in a weight class where he enjoys a significant size and strength advantage.

Dude couldn't fight on a level playing field to save his life.

So the consensus is DC is a HW, which is why he’s better there, as the cut to 205 is too much.

Yet Jones has no issues making it.

Have you also been whining the past 5 years that DC cut to get an advantage and it wasn’t fair?

The cut depleted DC, that is the point. He was better at HWT and is still better at HWT. That is why Jon Jones doesn't want to fight him at HWT even though they'd weight about the same.

They’d weigh the same? So you feel Jones would be 250+ at HW?
8 days ago
2/24/07
ShanTheMan - 
FrontBroRian -
ShanTheMan - 

Maybe he is right,  maybe not.  At least he straight out said it. 

I personally think he would beat slower fatter DC much easier,  but thats just my opinion.  It would be a true badass move to beat someone at whatever weight class they say. 

Something tells me if in the same spot,  Hendo,  Chuck,  Wandy etc would do it. 

Would do what? Fight a guy a 3rd time? Not sure how that is so noble. He’s fighting everyone out in front of him, including Gus, the guy the UG claimed he was ducking for 5 years because he was scared of him. And then Smith, who the UG said he was avoiding because it was “another guy as tall with a similar reach.” It’s like fans will talk about 5 potential opponents, and then when signs to fight 1 the narrative is he’s ducking the other 4.

Fact is DC is a great fighter but he’s beat him twice. Not sure why HW would be different. Sure dc wouldn’t have to diet and cut and would be stronger. But guess what? Same for Jones.

I meant not avoid someone based on size.  I didnt say shit about the other stuff. 

Meh DC is the same person. He’s not bigger than Jones. He might get fatter, but the lack of having to cut will benefit both.

Want to see results of the HW fight? See last LHW fight.
8 days ago
5/1/10

Got to admire his honesty, but it's a shame for us fans. There are virtually no compelling challengers left for Jones at 205.

8 days ago
7/2/09
Van Terminator -

Got to admire his honesty, but it's a shame for us fans. There are virtually no compelling challengers left for Jones at 205.

No compelling challengers, won't move up in weight "because he might lose to a guy he's beaten twice already".

That is literally the reason he'll never be considered the GOAT.  Biggest mental midget to ever fight.  It's amazing he's performed as well as he has.