UnderGround Forums Jones: I won't fight DC at HW, he might beat me

5/15/19 10:00 AM
2/24/07
Van Terminator - 

Got to admire his honesty, but it's a shame for us fans. There are virtually no compelling challengers left for Jones at 205.

I think it will happen. Both will say they want it, and then they don’t want it. Jones is busy at LHW and DC has waited around for Lesnar. I think ufc will put it together after Stipe/Dc.

And then Jones will go 3-0 and the ug will say it was no fair because Jones is too tall and his arms are too long haha.
5/15/19 10:19 AM
7/18/11

Jones natural weight class is 205 but there’s nothing left for him there right now. 

Penn and Pettis have both fought from 145-170. It’s a shame Jones doesn’t have the same mindset. Hopefully he changes his mind...he’s letting a great opportunity slip by. 

5/15/19 10:36 AM
2/24/07
SickEye - 

Jones natural weight class is 205 but there’s nothing left for him there right now. 

Penn and Pettis have both fought from 145-170. It’s a shame Jones doesn’t have the same mindset. Hopefully he changes his mind...he’s letting a great opportunity slip by. 

I agree his last 2 matchups at LHW are boring.

However , let’s not act like DC is begging for this fight and Jones is refusing. DC was champ end of 2108 and could have fought Jones, said he wasn’t ready, and then fought Lewis. Then he waited around for Lesnar. Now he’s saying Stipe is next, so there hasn’t been an opportunity for Jones to even take a fight.
5/15/19 10:39 AM
3/5/15

Anyone surprised has not been paying attention. Jon has sung this tune since DC champed up at HW.

5/15/19 11:00 AM
7/18/11
FrontBroRian -
SickEye - 

However , let’s not act like DC is begging for this fight and Jones is refusing. DC was champ end of 2108 and could have fought Jones, said he wasn’t ready, and then fought Lewis. Then he waited around for Lesnar. Now he’s saying Stipe is next, so there hasn’t been an opportunity for Jones to even take a fight.

DC will be gone soon enough I suppose. He’s already past the point of when he said he’d retire. 

5/15/19 12:11 PM
2/24/07
SickEye - 
FrontBroRian -
SickEye - 

DC will be gone soon enough I suppose. He’s already past the point of when he said he’d retire. 

My prediction is Jones vs winner of Stipe/Dc end of year, which will be Jones/Stipe
5/15/19 12:29 PM
7/10/11

Not sure this is a money move. He was losing second fight against DC til the KO...

5/15/19 12:32 PM
1/1/01

More of his sociopathic mind games.  He will lure DC into his trap again.  DC is a better person but Jones is the GOAT

5/15/19 12:33 PM
2/24/07
Giventofly99 - 

Not sure this is a money move. He was losing second fight against DC til the KO...

No he wasn’t

“Two judges agreed that it was one round a piece after 10 minutes, but one judge — Gullerme Bravo — rather surprisingly, had it two rounds-to-nothing for Jones. Newsday Sports’ Mark La Monica posted a photo of the judges’ scorecards on Twitter after the UFC 214 main event on Saturday night.”
5/15/19 12:45 PM
7/2/09
FrontBroRian -
Giventofly99 - 

No he wasn’t

“Two judges agreed that it was one round a piece after 10 minutes, but one judge — Gullerme Bravo — rather surprisingly, had it two rounds-to-nothing for Jones. Newsday Sports’ Mark La Monica posted a photo of the judges’ scorecards on Twitter after the UFC 214 main event on Saturday night.”

I like how you ignored the "rather surprisingly" part of that quote.

5/15/19 12:46 PM
7/2/09
FrontBroRian -
SickEye - 
FrontBroRian -
SickEye - 

My prediction is Jones vs winner of Stipe/Dc end of year, which will be Jones/Stipe

Why do you think your boy will fight Stipe at HW but not DC?  Stipe's the much bigger risk, and your boy sounds like he's only taking guaranteed fights at this point.  He should switch over to WWE... you could be his Paul Heyman.

5/15/19 1:00 PM
2/24/07
jgiveshead - 
FrontBroRian -
Giventofly99 - 

No he wasn’t

I like how you ignored the "rather surprisingly" part of that quote.

Geez you’re dense. 2 judges had it even. It was surprising that 1 judge gave him both rounds. Had he scored like the other 2, it would be an even fight.

So no, DC was not winning as the poster claimed. And had the judge scored it 1-1, he still wouldn’t have be winning.

Comprehend?
5/15/19 1:02 PM
2/24/07
jgiveshead - 
FrontBroRian -
SickEye - 
FrontBroRian -
SickEye - 

Why do you think your boy will fight Stipe at HW but not DC?  Stipe's the much bigger risk, and your boy sounds like he's only taking guaranteed fights at this point.  He should switch over to WWE... you could be his Paul Heyman.

I said he’d fight the winner, which imo will be Stipe. If fatass can win again Jones will fight him.

Again, understand?

Not a scholar are ya?
5/15/19 1:17 PM
1/1/01

Wonder if Stipe can make 205.

Champ/Champ shot for him right there

5/15/19 1:29 PM
1/1/01
Courage
5/15/19 1:34 PM
4/22/07
FrontBroRian -
ShanTheMan - 
FrontBroRian -
ShanTheMan - 

Maybe he is right,  maybe not.  At least he straight out said it. 

I personally think he would beat slower fatter DC much easier,  but thats just my opinion.  It would be a true badass move to beat someone at whatever weight class they say. 

Something tells me if in the same spot,  Hendo,  Chuck,  Wandy etc would do it. 

Would do what? Fight a guy a 3rd time? Not sure how that is so noble. He’s fighting everyone out in front of him, including Gus, the guy the UG claimed he was ducking for 5 years because he was scared of him. And then Smith, who the UG said he was avoiding because it was “another guy as tall with a similar reach.” It’s like fans will talk about 5 potential opponents, and then when signs to fight 1 the narrative is he’s ducking the other 4.

Fact is DC is a great fighter but he’s beat him twice. Not sure why HW would be different. Sure dc wouldn’t have to diet and cut and would be stronger. But guess what? Same for Jones.

I meant not avoid someone based on size.  I didnt say shit about the other stuff. 

Meh DC is the same person. He’s not bigger than Jones. He might get fatter, but the lack of having to cut will benefit both.

Want to see results of the HW fight? See last LHW fight.

I agree,  I already said I think he beats DC again

5/15/19 2:14 PM
8/28/17

Bones is the GOAT and it’s not even a debate

5/15/19 2:44 PM
1/1/01
Mike OxBIG -

Most fraudulent dude in MMA history 

You should look up this dude named Vitor Belfort...

5/15/19 2:48 PM
1/1/01
SickEye -

The heavier the weight class the more a jump in weight makes a difference. All things being equal the difference in power between 145 and 170 isn't such a huge thing, but jumping from 205 to even 215 is potentially a BIG jump in power.

5/15/19 3:03 PM
7/18/11
amadeus -
SickEye -

The heavier the weight class the more a jump in weight makes a difference. All things being equal the difference in power between 145 and 170 isn't such a huge thing, but jumping from 205 to even 215 is potentially a BIG jump in power.

Sure it’s a risk. Fighting shouldn’t always be about taking the path of least resistance. 

5/15/19 3:59 PM
7/2/09

Johnny Walker gonna KO that coward and then we can put Jones on the shelf just like Cyborg.

Edited: 5/15/19 4:14 PM
7/19/13

Jones is the biggest bitch in the game. He’s WAY bigger than DC. If he ballooned up he’d dwarf DC just like at LHW. Shows Jones has NO heart. THE BIGGEST COWARD IN THE GAME. Atleast DC came to 205 to test himself, the heart of a Champion. Picogram Jones on the otherhand needs steroids to have confidence even at 205. What a fucking COWARD! He’s trying to use reverse psychology to convince DC to fight him at 205 again, but he himself is terrified of moving to his real division. Jones is the biggest pussy in the game. He only wants to fight men smaller than himself. He wants none of that HW action. He’d rather fight a drained DC than prove himself against the best version of DC. DC fought Jones when Picogram was coked out and juiced to the gills on Picos. 

Edited: 5/15/19 4:24 PM
7/19/13
jgiveshead -

Johnny Walker gonna KO that coward and then we can put Jones on the shelf just like Cyborg.

. He’s going to juice to the maximum against JW. Sudden spike in his picos, and then Jeff the clown from USADA can explain the spike away. 

5/15/19 4:38 PM
4/10/03
46and2 - 

I think it would be a really hard cut for DC at this point to make 205...Hes really heavy right now, and by heavy I mean fat.  

Love the dude, but he doesnt look like hes keeping lean so that 205 is still an option, he looks like hes sick of it and is taking it less seriously overall.  Mentally checked out? 

Hopefully hes training better than hes eating if he wants to take out Stipe again.  

As for Jones, no surprise a cowardly PED user  w/ a 10 inch reach advantage is scared of a fight against HW DC.  

This. DC loves to eat, and he's probably a couple of M & M's from being 270.
5/15/19 5:03 PM
1/1/01
Floppy Divac -
Loper MMA -

Respect. 

This. I can appreciate him saying this. 

Yep