UnderGround Forums Jones: I'm 'shocked' with UFC

5 days ago
1/1/01

John Morgan is on furlough this week but is still working, via "The MMA Road Show with John Morgan.” First stop is UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones who is not impressed that the UFC would not go above contract for a fight vs. top heavyweight Francis Ngannou.

"I'm just in a spot where I'm shocked," said Jones. "The UFC clearly told me that they would redo my contract the day I went heavyweight, and it would be a different deal, so I've always held that in my back pocket ... Thursday, I found out that that's just simply not happening, and it's upsetting. I feel like someone's put a little bit of a limit on my ceiling."

"I had a conversation with one of the higher-ups, and before we got into money, it wasn't like I asked for too much money, it was just flat out, 'No,' right off the bat. ... They just said that they feel like they're taking care of me pretty good and that if I want to make more money, inevitably my money will go up by fighting Francis and those more entertaining fights. But that just wasn't the deal, originally."

"You're willing to pay other fighters tens of millions of dollars to fight, but you're not going to give me $1 extra to put my life on the line against Francis Ngannou?"

"I feel like I don't have to answer to them if this is how they're going to treat me. I'm totally fine with them vacating the belt, letting someone else fight for the belt, and I'll come around I guess when I'm ready to, and I'll see if they're willing to pay for a really big fight. But as of right now, to fight Jan Blachowicz, what do I have to gain there? To fight Dominick Reyes? Any one of them, I don't have much to gain in these situations.

"As a partner, it was always very clear that my best days would be when I move to heavyweight, but now they just s*** on all that, and I'm hurt, to be honest with you."

Read entire interview on Patreon.

5 days ago
4/4/03
Of course he's "shocked." Victims always are.
5 days ago
3/20/12

guy who was DUI weeks ago while carrying and firing a gun is shocked

GTFO with that sheeeit

5 days ago
5/8/11
Rambo John J -

guy who was DUI weeks ago while carrying and firing a gun is shocked

GTFO with that sheeeit

He was joggin to visit homless and the unfortunate. Get it straight. 

Cardio first and foremost.  

5 days ago
1/1/01

I'm shocked they haven't restructured his contract to cut his pay after a couple fortunate victories in the cage and real losses in life.

5 days ago
8/26/11

I'd rather see the guy retire so I don't have to see or hear him again. 

5 days ago
1/1/01

He's been the best fighter in MMA for years now. His last couple have shown chinks in his armor. Hell, I want to see him fight more. Finally somewhat exciting at 205.

5 days ago
2/14/11

Ufc is running low on funds 

Edited: 5 days ago
11/24/13

UFC needs to cut him. As we all know, he's on a two fight losing streak. Now he's parttaking in WWE-esque gimmicks by feigning that he wants to fight Ngannou. Not a good look.

Not to mention, homeboy got caught DUI'ing again while trying to score crack and/or slay out homeless people with a loaded handgun.

Sooner or later, Jones is gonna hit rock bottom, and Dana will not want the UFC name attached to it. Mark my words, it will likely involve Jones causing someone else or himself to die.

5 days ago
5/31/07

I don't blame them, they never know when he's going to get arrested again or have some new picograms play peek-a-boo.  

5 days ago
10/8/07

How many other fighters get paid more just for jumping up or down a division? Jon has always had that victim mentality, despite no other athlete on the planet being able to renegotiate a contract whenever they want.

5 days ago
3/12/07

They moved an entire card so he could fight. I guess he forgot that one.

5 days ago
6/11/06
I am shocked they haven't sacked him!
5 days ago
9/24/18
Jon owes the UFC and Dana a hell of a lot, imo. Although I also agree with him that fighting at heavyweight warrants a pay hike.
5 days ago
9/18/14

Greatest fighter ever and can’t even get a troll to defend him in this thread, dude is running out of bridges to burn. 

Edited: 5 days ago
9/18/14
Jones right nostril - Jon owes the UFC and Dana a hell of a lot, imo. Although I also agree with him that fighting at heavyweight warrants a pay hike.

No man. He gets paid championship money, he doesn’t deserve more to take a non-championship fight in another weight  c l a s s. Not to mention the lack of leverage he has in a negotiation due to his constant fuck ups, that the UFC have for the most part turned a cold shoulder to, and the fact that he’s a complete dick. 

5 days ago
1/24/16

What a sack of shit. I don't even care if he's right or wrong he is just such a baby, there's nothing more ugly than a grown up baby.

5 days ago
1/24/16
Fyuk Yu -

This junkie porch monkey really needs to disappear. CIvilized folk have grown tired of this nigger thinking its people.

Oops. I hope you're drunk 

5 days ago
9/24/18
NewEraNik - 
Jones right nostril - Jon owes the UFC and Dana a hell of a lot, imo. Although I also agree with him that fighting at heavyweight warrants a pay hike.

No man. He gets paid championship money, he doesn’t deserve more to take a non-championship fight in another weight  c l a s s. Not to mention the lack of leverage he has in a negotiation due to his constant fuck ups, that the UFC have for the most part turned a cold shoulder to, and the fact that he’s a complete dick. 

Agreed on a lot of your points. But the fact is that Jon doesn't HAVE to go up to heavy. Jon does have leverage in that i'm sure Dana and the UFC want him to move up.

Basically it's Jon saying "I know you guys want me to fight francis, but I don't have to, so you're gonna have to pay me" ... And Dana saying "we've already done a ton for you".

I'd say they'll sweeten the pot in some way for Jon and the fight will get made.
5 days ago
5/11/06

He’s lucky he’s not suspended or in jail.

5 days ago
2/2/20
Fyuk Yu -

This junkie porch monkey really needs to disappear. CIvilized folk have grown tired of this nigger thinking its people.

what is this

5 days ago
2/2/20
Fyuk Yu -
dinkledorf -
Fyuk Yu -

Oops. I hope you're drunk 

Nope just tired of monkeys thinking they are people.  Its time to start killing these inferiors for the sake of civilized folk.  

what a fucked up mentality

5 days ago
9/22/11

Sad jon

5 days ago
9/22/11

5 days ago
9/22/11

Anyone  else cant post pics?

Wanted to drop a jon jpnes crying pic but the upload link dont work.