UnderGround Forums Jones revoked his title

Edited: 5/31/20 6:21 PM
11/24/13

Screenshot in case he ninja deletes these tweets: https://ptpimg.me/4186ua.png

5/31/20 4:29 PM
11/24/13

Edited: 6/1/20 3:20 AM
11/24/13

Chael put out a video a few days ago showing how miscalculated and haphazard Jones is being. And this video is leaving out all the events of the last couple days.

Now that Jones has vacated his fake belt after a two fight losing streak, he will have even more downtime. Any bets on his next criminal act? I am thinking it will be even worse than he's done in the past, I can just feel it. It will involve a death or serious injury.

edit: See third page in thread, Jones is in the protests stealing white people's spray cans and weapons. What I alluded to in the last bit in the previous paragraph might fuckin happen TONIGHT!

5/31/20 4:57 PM
11/24/13

Sounds like without egregious PED usage and eye pokes, the dude actually has to fight fairly, and now he doesn't wanna fight anymore.

5/31/20 5:02 PM
11/24/13

Sweet, Reyes is the champ anyways.

5/31/20 5:10 PM
2/18/20

Jones is right.  

Pay the fighters.  Whether it's Jones or Cejudo or Cowboy; pay them what they are worth.

Anyone who doesn't see this is an idiot.  Can you imagine another major sports commissioner disrespecting the star of the league.

5/31/20 5:26 PM
1/1/01
Bye Jon.
5/31/20 5:29 PM
1/2/20
Doesnt seem like the best negotiator. Now is not the time with not only covid but look at where jon is at in his career - another legal issue with yet another dui and firearm charge but not only this but also look at his last few performances. not super impressive.
5/31/20 5:36 PM
1/25/10

Isn't he making 5 mil per fight? MMA isn't the NFL/MLB/NFL ya know.

5/31/20 5:38 PM
1/1/01

Just call me JJ? Dude is such a dork.

5/31/20 5:48 PM
9/22/11

Suddenly light heavyweight looks pretty exciting

5/31/20 5:54 PM
10/22/14
On a SideNote -

Jones is right.  

Pay the fighters.  Whether it's Jones or Cejudo or Cowboy; pay them what they are worth.

Anyone who doesn't see this is an idiot.  Can you imagine another major sports commissioner disrespecting the star of the league.

Do you know another sport that pays an athlete $5 million per event?

Boxing has got to be the only one who has paid more than UFC has, at least at the top end.

5/31/20 5:55 PM
10/22/14
Greystoke -

NFL, NBA, MLB players don't make 5 mil per game. 

5/31/20 5:55 PM
1/1/01

Chael is gonna have a blast roasting Jones for this tomorrow. Jones is not relinquishing jackshit.

Please Chael, I know you will read this thread, go in on Jones for the "just call me JJ" line. Hilarious.

5/31/20 5:58 PM
6/30/07

Hes having a breakdown

This will end poorly

5/31/20 6:11 PM
2/18/20
Jayn200 - 
On a SideNote -

Jones is right.  

Boxing has got to be the only one who has paid more than UFC has, at least at the top end.

I'm going to assume you are trolling but I will answer.

Other sports have seasons.  Boxing and MMA are events that produce revenue.  So if an MMA event produces $200 million and you pay the athletes only $10 million total of that event and pay yourself 90% of the revenue then something is wrong.

But again, I know you are trolling.

5/31/20 6:21 PM
2/22/11

5/31/20 6:24 PM
1/1/01

5/31/20 6:45 PM
2/14/11
On a SideNote -

Jones is right.  

Break it down for us, Sir. Show us the UFC’s balance sheet, profit and loss, forecasts etc then detail what each fighter is ‘worth’. 

5/31/20 6:56 PM
6/21/07
Jayn200 - 
Greystoke -

NFL, NBA, MLB players play a heck of a lot more than 1 to 3 games per year. So comparing per game pay, to per fight pay is ridiculous. I'm having a hard time seeing your logic here.

Revenue share would be a much better indicator of fairness of pay. I think you would agree with that? Please respond.
5/31/20 7:11 PM
1/24/17
Jayn200 -
Greystoke -

head explodes*

5/31/20 7:12 PM
10/22/14
On a SideNote -
Jayn200 - 
On a SideNote -

Jones is right.  

I'm going to assume you are trolling but I will answer.

Other sports have seasons.  Boxing and MMA are events that produce revenue.  So if an MMA event produces $200 million and you pay the athletes only $10 million total of that event and pay yourself 90% of the revenue then something is wrong.

But again, I know you are trolling.

I am not trolling.... I am just saying there are many ways to look at athlete pay.

1 Way is by year/season.

Another way would be by event/game. 

An event/game is when revenue is actually produced so it makes a lot of sense to look at pay per event/game. I'd say it's actually a more fair comparison.

People regularly compare a UFC fighters pay per event to a NFL player's annual salary which actually is comprised of 16 games. It's not a fair comparison at all. 

What ufc events produce $200 million in revenue to the UFC? Just curious where that number came from. 

I wouldn't be surprised if UFC made a similar amount of revenue per fight as NFL produces per game. Yet NFL players are getting paid a lot less per game than top ufc fighters. Obviously on the bottom end of UFC fighters that's probably not the case. 

Edited: 5/31/20 7:29 PM
11/24/13

Even IF we assume that Jones,

...who is a serial PED user and criminal who committed attempted vehicular manslaughter against a pregnant woman and fled the scene with drugs and paraphenalia, and who most recently got caught trying to score crack off homeless people with a loaded handgun while DWI'ing (to name JUST TWO of his MANY crimes)

...IS worth more than 7 million per bout despite the fact he lost his last two fights...

...THEN GREAT!: Release him so he can supposedly get paid more outside the UFC. The UFC doesn't need Jones tarnishing their brand. His next crime will likely be even worse, we don't want the UFC name to be in that news headline.

Increasing fighter pay is a great cause. Many if not most fighters deserve a raise. Jones is a scumbag and does not only NOT deserve a raise, he deserves a paycut and should have been released from the UFC months ago. Jones is not the horse to win this race. Jones is not our prom queen to take to the fighter pay dance. Someone like McGregor is a candidate for that.

5/31/20 8:04 PM
3/18/14

He has nothing left to prove. One of the GOATs

5/31/20 8:10 PM
1/1/11

Super impulsive. I can see why he gets himself into trouble. Just because you think it doesn't mean you should post it. Sit on your thoughts for a day or 2, think things over, stop posting. 

Doesn't he have a manager?