UnderGround Forums Jorge Masvidal predicts Conor vs. Cowboy

7 days ago
1/1/01

BMF Jorge Masvidal appeared recently on Submission Radio and offered his prediction for Saturday's Conor McGregor vs. Donald Cerrone main event.

“Conor’s amazing off the blocks. I think he’s got great timing. While guys are getting their timing, Conor’s already coming in with the timing. He already has their timing by the time you go to your timing. Good power, good confidence in it. I would rank Conor one of the better starters of the sport.

"Donald, on the other hand, is more of a rhythm fighter. He takes a little bit to work at it. He puts his feints together, his movements, starts gauging speeds, see how fast, how strong they’re throwing. So, he works on that and he’s like a rhythm fighter. So, with time he does a little bit better. And I think he’s got a little bit better endurance than Conor as well.

"So, if Cowboy comes out and he’s like a dual threat, it becomes more of a problem, then I start to lean more to Cowboy. If he just comes out flatfooted and he’s in front of Conor, I heavily go towards Conor, man. It’s just tailormade for Conor. Flat-footed, righthanded fighter is just custom made for a southpaw with a decent left hand.

"So, it can be interesting, because even in that mayhem Cowboy can land the knee, he could land the kick. He’s the bigger guy. But I think it really depends on Cowboy, what kind of strategy he comes out with.” 

7 days ago
4/11/10

“ It’s just tailormade for Conor. Flat-footed, righthanded fighter is just custom made for a southpaw with a decent left hand.”

hmmm I wonder if Dana and Conor knew that when they picked Cowboy

7 days ago
1/1/01
Dead President - 

“ It’s just tailormade for Conor. Flat-footed, righthanded fighter is just custom made for a southpaw with a decent left hand.”

They didn't, I'm 100% sure.

7 days ago
8/22/16
Dead President -

So disrespectful to Cowboy if you feel like he's a layup for anybody. 

7 days ago
5/8/13
Raistlin -
Dead President -

Not a lay-up, but a fight that in most ways stylistically favors one particular fighter..... 

7 days ago
4/11/10
Dugs95 -
Raistlin -
Dead President -

Not a lay-up, but a fight that in most ways stylistically favors one particular fighter..... 

Thank you.

7 days ago
4/19/10
Dugs95 -
Raistlin -
Dead President -

You mean like most fights? 

7 days ago
10/8/08
i agree with street jesus
7 days ago
1/1/12

7 days ago
9/5/11
Dead President -
Dugs95 -
Raistlin -
Dead President -

Thank you.

Oh no, this douche isn’t saying Cowboy is a lay up he’s saying much worse....that Cowboy is a sell out with zero character who is actively sabotaging for a pay day. 

7 days ago
12/15/11

Cowboy has a very good chance at taking this.

7 days ago
1/1/01
Zero chance Cowboy wins. This one is a lock.
7 days ago
9/24/09
Dead President -

Well in his defense most south paws have a decent left hand lol. 

Edited: 7 days ago
12/7/18

It's all white noise. Its all non sense. Before 202 Alvarez was a terrible match up for Conor, then after the fact became a gift match up. After Nate 1, Conor didn't have a chance against his "stylistic nightmare match up" in the rematch, yet then never got any credit for dominating his supposed nightmare match up (who was much bigger). Conor haters are liberals, they create their own alternative facts, and run wild with their own false narratives (what ever suites them) and alternative realities. It doesnt matter how many times they get proven wrong, they cant ever man up, so their opinions should never matter. The Conor hating liberals are so bad, even Jesus is probably like "wow, fook them, I'm now going to make Conor win the WW belt and become the GOAT just to spite them." Like I said it's all white noise. Things will carry on as they usually do. What happens will happen. Conor will dominate, the vast majority of people in the real world will be happy and rejoice Conor's win, while they (the vocal minority on the internet) will cry. If Conor dominates, it's a massive win over Cowboy, and people will call it as such. at this point I'm actually praying Conor destroys his opponents even more then usual just to spite the haters even more;)

7 days ago
8/13/13
ConorWinsTheRematch -

It's all white noise. Its all non sense. Before 202 Alvarez was a terrible match up for Conor, then after the fact became a gift match up. After Nate 1, Conor didn't have a chance against his "stylistic nightmare match up" in the rematch, yet then never got any credit for dominating his supposed nightmare match up (who was much bigger). Conor haters are liberals, they create their own alternative facts, and run wild with their own false narratives (whay ever suites them) and alternative realities. It doesnt matter what happens, they cant ever man up, so their opinions should never matter period. Like I said it's all white noise. Things will carry on as they usually do. What happens will happen. Conor will dominate, the vast majority of people in the real world will be happy and rejoice Conor's win, while they (the vocal minority on the internet) will cry. If Conor dominates, it's a massive win over Cowboy, and people will call it as such. at this point I'm actually praying Conor destroys his opponents even more then usual just to spite them even more;)

I am in no way as invested in this as you, but if cowboy wins its going to be party time and self inflicted asphyxiation masturbation for you. 

7 days ago
4/11/18

The above post cracked me the f up for some reason.  I had to wipe spit off my phone face. Ha

6 days ago
1/1/01
ConorWinsTheRematch - 

It's all white noise. Its all non sense. Before 202 Alvarez was a terrible match up for Conor, then after the fact became a gift match up. After Nate 1, Conor didn't have a chance against his "stylistic nightmare match up" in the rematch, yet then never got any credit for dominating his supposed nightmare match up (who was much bigger). Conor haters are liberals, they create their own alternative facts, and run wild with their own false narratives (what ever suites them) and alternative realities. It doesnt matter how many times they get proven wrong, they cant ever man up, so their opinions should never matter. The Conor hating liberals are so bad, even Jesus is probably like "wow, fook them, I'm now going to make Conor win the WW belt and become the GOAT just to spite them." Like I said it's all white noise. Things will carry on as they usually do. What happens will happen. Conor will dominate, the vast majority of people in the real world will be happy and rejoice Conor's win, while they (the vocal minority on the internet) will cry. If Conor dominates, it's a massive win over Cowboy, and people will call it as such. at this point I'm actually praying Conor destroys his opponents even more then usual just to spite the haters even more;)

Perfect hand picked match up for Conor. Conor will look great and win easily. Money in the bank for me.
6 days ago
11/12/06

Masvidals fight iq has grown so much since his early days..... very calculating and analytical..... wouldnt shock me to see him coaching high level fighters 20 years from now

6 days ago
8/13/13
phillyhybridmma -

Masvidals fight iq has grown so much since his early days..... very calculating and analytical..... wouldnt shock me to see him coaching high level fighters 20 years from now

I agree he's one smart Spaniard