UnderGround Forums Just let it go stipe..

12 days ago
3/24/17

I’m stunned he is acting like this. 

He didn’t get a rematch because he was knocked out in the 1st round. Not the 4th or 5th. The first round. Pretty much the only thing that will scratch a rematch. He has to know this. Move on dude 

12 days ago
10/16/09

Move on from jockeying for a heavyweight title fight?  

Good thing no one pays you to be their manager. You’re fucking retarded. 

12 days ago
10/22/14

It makes sense why ufc doesn't want him as champ, he never drew decent numbers and he isn't the most exciting fighter on the roster but he absolutely has a right to campaign for a rematch. Of course he shoudl be trying to get back what he lost, you can't blame him for that. I wouldn't give him the rematch either if i was the ufc, too many other good fights to make.

12 days ago
10/22/18

He set the record of heavyweight title defenses and it is heavyweights anything can happen. Also who cares if he is asking for a title shot he is a great fighter and I would totally watch Stipe vs DC 2 over some of the cards this year

12 days ago
12/6/11

He has the most HW title defenses! Of course the dude can act like that, when he keeps getting the shaft. 

12 days ago
10/6/02
how many of you will tune win for the current PPV price to watch him fight DC again?

Not many!

Or is it more likely you would watch DC against someone else?

The problem is not really Stipe or what he deserves but intreat what UFC charges.But is is UFC PPV pricing. I always thought that if they would lower the PPV down to $30. . Then most of us would spend the same amount of money per year on PPV....or even spend more $ per year.

So I am not spending $70 bucks to watch Stipe vs DC.. sorry.

12 days ago
4/8/07

he said he was winning up until the ko

12 days ago
1/1/01
Right Hand JO Power -

he said he was winning up until the ko

The first 3 minutes were easy.

12 days ago
1/1/01

What other fight really makes sense for him? He should be lobbying for the rematch.

12 days ago
2/19/18

Lewis made it to the 2nd round, he should get a rematch

12 days ago
4/17/17
DC joked about this. The reason Stipe didnt get the rematch was because the first fight which was suppose to be a superfight got 400k buys. Justifying the merits of a rematch is easy either way. But the more determining factor is business... for the UFC and for the fighters.
12 days ago
5/8/16

I can see him being pissed about Brock getting a shot, but not Lewis. Despite how easy DC made it look, Lewis deserved that shot.

12 days ago
9/13/18

Stipe is a great fighter... He should have gotten the rematch. He broke that HW record, it should have be worth something. DC then wants to fight a guy that has a close to zero gas tank on a months notice, kinda seemed hand picked to me so DC can get another pay day.. Fuck DC, fuck Lesnar.. Stipe should get another shot.. The company is terrible under the WME regiment 

12 days ago
4/20/08

NO fighters should be wanting instant rematches, considering they go poorly the vast majority of the time. 

12 days ago
7/28/09

Stipe is the best heavyweight suited to defeat dc.  They are obviously protecting dc (at least at heavy weight) so he can wrap up his career on a happy note 

12 days ago
9/14/17

I think he needs to take a fight.

He's doing the right thing campaigning for a re-match but shouldn't hold out for one - fight another contender, keep your name in the picture and maybe garner some more support along the way.

Sitting out for too long just won't work because he wasn't a particularly large draw in the first place.

12 days ago
10/9/10
HeyMarkIt1886 -

Move on from jockeying for a heavyweight title fight?  

Good thing no one pays you to be their manager. You’re fucking retarded. 

Dude I get it, but it’s been 6 months and DC already has a fight lined up. Even as a manager, how long are you going waste time campaigning for a fight that isn’t happening? What if the rematch doesn’t happen, you’re gonna wait for DC to retire? I wouldn’t sit out long. He’s in the prime of his career. I get that he wants it and I would too, but at this point it’s just getting ridiculous. 

12 days ago
10/9/10
ILKR -

I think he needs to take a fight.

He's doing the right thing campaigning for a re-match but shouldn't hold out for one - fight another contender, keep your name in the picture and maybe garner some more support along the way.

Sitting out for too long just won't work because he wasn't a particularly large draw in the first place.

This

12 days ago
10/30/14

Cain seemed like a dominant HW and got knocked out. So he fought Bigfoot, won, and got his rematch. It's simple. If fans/UFC want to see a different fight for whatever reason, let go. You got KO'd. 

While having the most title defenses at HW is impressive, it's not like Andy or Mighty Mouse numbers. It doesn't automatically demand rematch (hell, Mighty Mouse didn't get the rematch and he has the record).

12 days ago
8/8/18

12 days ago
1/12/05
Stipe-Cain makes more sense and would get more buys. I'd pay for Stipe-Cain, but not a rematch of a 3 minute fight where a the 40-year-old LHW champ crushed the dominant HW champ
12 days ago
6/23/12

Stipe is the most deserving and also ranked as so. But, just let it go bro...

12 days ago
6/20/11
HoldingTuasBalls -

He has the most HW title defenses! Of course the dude can act like that, when he keeps getting the shaft. 

Which is only 3... and he got knocked out in the first round.

He shoulda gotten the shot before Lewis, but DC agreed to fight Lewis while injured to save this card on fairly short notice.

He did this because Lewis is a much easier fight, can be controlled via wrestling and just fought a gruelling fight 

12 days ago
6/23/10

Why did Joanna get an immediate rematch after she was starched in the 1st? Why did Cody get one after getting knocked out?  He has a valid point.  Is the winningest HW champ calling for a rematch after a first round KO really more far fetched than Brock Lesnar who's not technically won a fight since shane carwin a decade ago?

12 days ago
6/20/11
LBH_RN -

Why did Joanna get an immediate rematch after she was starched in the 1st? Why did Cody get one after getting knocked out?  He has a valid point.  Is the winningest HW champ calling for a rematch after a first round KO really more far fetched than Brock Lesnar who's not technically won a fight since shane carwin a decade ago?

Joanna. More defences and women’s division has no talent.

Cody is better looking.

Brock is the 2nd biggest draw in the sport