3/20/05

and it was way too fucking quiet. I prefer having the sound on

13 days ago
1/30/16

I watched it on live updates last night and thought Reyes won

13 days ago
2/14/11
majikman - and it was way too fucking quiet. I prefer having the sound on

Thank you for saying this. Grinds my gears when some muppet thinks no sound influences what they can 'see'. Lmao.

13 days ago
7/29/02
Outlaw'd by Lytle - 

Thank you for saying this. Grinds my gears when some muppet thinks no sound influences what they can 'see'. Lmao.

You must be pretty thick if you think that watching a fight with commentators has no effect on what people perceive.

13 days ago
11/30/19

I watched it without the sound on as well and had it 3-2 Reyes. 

13 days ago
2/14/11
inf0 -
Outlaw'd by Lytle - 

You must be pretty thick if you think that watching a fight with commentators has no effect on what people perceive.

Oh I am sorry, I need to get more woke! I'll watch the next card blindfolded with ear plugs in. Lmao.

13 days ago
10/9/10
Outlaw'd by Lytle -
inf0 -
Outlaw'd by Lytle - 

Oh I am sorry, I need to get more woke! I'll watch the next card blindfolded with ear plugs in. Lmao.

I lol'd 

13 days ago
8/31/15

Have you tried watching it in reverse while listening to pink Floyd

13 days ago
11/19/19
Outlaw'd by Lytle -

One of the dumbest statements ever written on the internet. Good job.

13 days ago
2/14/11
ScreenName22 -
Outlaw'd by Lytle -

13 days ago
9/22/11
Outlaw'd by Lytle -
inf0 -
Outlaw'd by Lytle - 

Lmao

13 days ago
3/6/07
Outlaw'd by Lytle -

You sound like a 10'er. 

If you don't think Cruz or Rogan can sway what is being seen you again sir are a 10'er. 

sorry to use such foul language, but you earned it. 

13 days ago
1/1/01
ScreenName22 - 
Outlaw'd by Lytle -

Dumbest and gayest , "grinds my gears". That's Outlaw'd for you though.
13 days ago
2/14/11
jkd4200 -
Outlaw'd by Lytle -

You sound like a 10'er. 

If you don't think Cruz or Rogan can sway what is being seen you again sir are a 10'er. 

sorry to use such foul language, but you earned it. 

Doesn't sway my opinion at all. I trust what my eyes are telling me. I could understand it having an impact on a newcomer to MMA perhaps. 

No need to apologise. It's impossible to be offended on an Internet forum. Lol. 

13 days ago
7/19/13

If Reyes would have stood his ground more in the fight he would have got the easy decision. It just looked bad for Jones to be backing him up the whole fight. That's the only angle the judges can argue to justify their scores. Reyes was landing the better shots. 

13 days ago
6/23/11
607_Shittin_Pancakes -

Have you tried watching it in reverse while listening to pink Floyd

underappreciated post +1

13 days ago
3/5/12

Watched it this morning and I too have no idea how that could have been a unanimous decision in favor of Jones. IMO the only clear round that he won was the 5th. The first three were clearly Reyes.  The 4th was very close and was probably a tie. 

13 days ago
1/1/01

I watched it this am.

Reyes won 1-3.5.

Lost the last round and a half. 

Fix is in boys!

13 days ago
12/22/12
KnockoutThoughts -

If Reyes would have stood his ground more in the fight he would have got the easy decision. It just looked bad for Jones to be backing him up the whole fight. That's the only angle the judges can argue to justify their scores. Reyes was landing the better shots. 

This. I had reyes 3-2 but the only thing the judges can argue is Jones backing him up, but imo shouldn't determine fights.

I also don't think it's part of their judging criteria but jones poker faces it very well and never shows that he is tired or change in body language of getting fatigued. Could be his main reason for PED use so he actually doesnt feel fatigue but either way I think the judges look at this.

13 days ago
2/14/11
multiculturaljoseph -

I watched it this am.

Reyes won 1-3.5.

Lost the last round and a half. 

Fix is in boys!

Is this with sound or without? Your eyes might have deceived you if there was audio present. 

Edited: 13 days ago
1/1/10

I can provide a recap of the commentary from the third round on:

Rogan "Reyes is really tired"

Cruz"He's exhausted Joe. That means his body is using up a lot of energy and he can't replenish it"

Rogan "yeah, he's really tired, just exhausted"

Cruz "Yes, his punches have slowed down, that means he is getting tired. Also his footwork has slowed down, that means he is getting tired also.

Rogan "Tired"

13 days ago
1/1/01

It's a fact that mainstream/casual fans are influenced by the commentary.

13 days ago
12/10/15

I watched it with no sound.

R1 - Reyes
R2 - Draw
R3 - Draw
R4 - Jones
R5 - Jones

13 days ago
7/19/13
Pulala - It's a fact that mainstream/casual fans are influenced by the commentary.

This is true. The brain listens to everything, even when you're not actively listening. The commentary 100% has an impact on your perspective of the fight. You have to actively be aware of this to override and disregard the commentary. The power of suggestion is real, and it's happening the whole time you're watching the fight subconsciously whether you realize it or not. Joe is 100% telling you what to think about the fight. If you break their roles down to the bare essentials and ask yourself why they're there, that's exactly what their role is.. to guide your thought process and read the fight for you. It has an influence.

13 days ago
2/14/11
Pulala - It's a fact that mainstream/casual fans are influenced by the commentary.

I'm long past letting a Rogan "Ohhhhhh! He's hurrrrrttt!!" influence my perception of what's occurring. 

Like I say, I can genuinely see how it would influence a newcomers perspective. I personally don't need to turn the audio off to see what's really happening.