UnderGround Forums Just tried proper 12

Edited: 6/25/19 12:15 AM
8/26/05
bungee up - 
BDW_1983 -

My local Dan Murphys has proper 12 now I have a bottle and I’ll say Jameson shits all over it can’t beat a good old Jack Daniels 

JD is a rough whiskey mate.

It goes ok after a few though. 

I just thought of something that's probably gonna piss a few of you yanks off.

You blokes are the worst to say what's a good drop.

You guys weren't out there crafting the finest drink for the public the enjoy. You history is of making white lightning during prohibition that would get people fucked up on the illegal. 

Go back before that and yous were selling all sorts of shit mixed with " tobacco " and crap in the wild west days?

Now you're leading experts in a good drop of whiskey?   Sure boy's. 

I didn't even want to get offensive but tell me its not true.

Oh, sorry... we had all forgotten Australia's grand contributions to the whiskey world... ya fckin' twink.

BTW, Jack Daniel died in 1911... prohibition began when?...

6/25/19 12:50 AM
10/27/03
Tahiti Bo -
bungee up - 
BDW_1983 -

My local Dan Murphys has proper 12 now I have a bottle and I’ll say Jameson shits all over it can’t beat a good old Jack Daniels 

You guys weren't out there crafting the finest drink for the public the enjoy. You history is of making white lightning during prohibition that would get people fucked up on the illegal. 

Go back before that and yous were selling all sorts of shit mixed with " tobacco " and crap in the wild west days?

Oh, sorry... we had all forgotten Australia's grand contributions to the whiskey world... ya fckin' twink.

BTW, Jack Daniel died in 1911... prohibition began when?...

His post is just trolling and reads like he’s either drunk or in the 1960s. Saying that - 

Sullivan’s Cove is considered one of the top single malt brands in the world.

Tasmania is now considered prime whiskey making locations ... because the weather is shit? I don’t know.

6/25/19 1:50 AM
7/31/09

I had it once.  It was better than I expected.

6/25/19 8:30 AM
3/5/11
Jack Mahogoff -

It tastes worse than your moms pussy. Fuck off OP

That's proper cunt

6/25/19 9:16 AM
8/3/11

Dana says it's very good so..

6/25/19 12:15 PM
1/1/01

I don't drink whiskey hardly at all, but I've had a few times and liked it a lot.

6/25/19 12:47 PM
8/20/03
Kirik - 

I don't drink whiskey hardly at all, but I've had a few times and liked it a lot.

Don't make me put together a taste test, Kirik...you know I'll win!

6/25/19 2:36 PM
2/5/06
Donoghue88 - 

Everyone is an expert on whiskey suddenly.

Listen to these comments

They're hating to hate and don't really have a clue what they're talking about.

"He mixed Jameson with Jager" has to one of the dumbest comments ever....and comparing it to JD which isn't comparable, it's two different things.

Also people saying it's swill.

The truth is, it's middle tier blended whiskey just like Jameson is..it's not Kilbeggan and it's not Paddy's (swill)
6/25/19 4:12 PM
9/20/13

It has a very mild taste with almost no burn. Its perfect for people who don't like whiskey. He is going to be a billionaire. 

6/25/19 7:39 PM
1/1/01
I bought a bottle to try it. It wasn't that bad.
6/25/19 7:43 PM
9/19/13

Nice viral ad

6/25/19 8:37 PM
5/14/18
bungee up -
BDW_1983 -

Get a load of these two dipshits comparing the most entry level whiskeys, not even of the same variety; one bourbon and one Irish whiskey, and then discussing them as if they've got some refined Fred Minnick palate.

6/25/19 8:55 PM
12/9/18

It’s easy to drink and I hate liquor. Tastes like shit but not as bad as other cheap whiskeys I’ve had 

6/25/19 9:06 PM
11/13/16
Grand master dave lang -
Jack Mahogoff -

Nothing tastes worse than her pussy!

Hers is the worst! 

6/25/19 10:24 PM
7/8/09

Lol @ trailer park moonshine drinkers trying paas as connoisseurs 

6/25/19 10:24 PM
6/17/16
cantuna4u -
Grand master dave lang -
Jack Mahogoff -

Nothing tastes worse than her pussy!

Don't be a dick. 

It tastes better than it smells. Musty at first, and trails off with sour notes as it clears your nasal passages.

screen name checks out

6/25/19 10:37 PM
1/25/12
Xxxtra_4skin -
bungee up -
BDW_1983 -

Get a load of these two dipshits comparing the most entry level whiskeys, not even of the same variety; one bourbon and one Irish whiskey, and then discussing them as if they've got some refined Fred Minnick palate.

Jack Daniels is not a bourbon

6/26/19 7:51 AM
8/19/13

It's more expensve than jameson. Freaking kidding themselves. JAMESON everyday 

6/26/19 8:06 AM
1/23/06
It's funny how much people seem to hate Conor these days. Turned on him fast as fook.
6/26/19 3:55 PM
1/1/01

For a 20 dollar range whiskey it's fine. 

6/26/19 5:32 PM
4/28/10

I would like to try it. You've gotta be realistic on what you're going to get at that price point. I'm by no means a expert and drink just about anything so I would imagine I'm the prime target customer. 

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be available in Canada or at least in NB.

6/26/19 7:55 PM
5/14/18
BDW_1983 -
Xxxtra_4skin -
bungee up -
BDW_1983 -

Jack Daniels is not a bourbon

Eh, fair enough.... But it IS bourbon, just not from Kentucky.

6/27/19 5:46 PM
8/26/05

^ NOT true... after prohibition when the gov't got all new regs up in order, they initially mandated that JD be labeled as bourbon. JD fought this and finally won, by distinguishing itself from "bourbon"... I am guessing u r not from the South... learn your history.

Doesn't have to be from Kentucky to be called bourbon (but it does have to be made in US). Common newbie misunderstanding...  :P

6/27/19 5:56 PM
8/26/05

6/27/19 6:04 PM
3/13/18

IS JACK DANIEL'S A BOURBON?

Jack Daniel's is not a bourbon - it's a Tennessee Whiskey. Jack Daniel's is dripped slowly - drop-by-drop - through ten feet of firmly packed charcoal (made from hard sugar maple) before going into new charred oak barrels for maturing. This special process gives Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey its rare smoothness. It's this extra step - charcoal mellowing – that makes Jack Daniel's a Tennessee Whiskey. Take a look at our Process section for more information about how Jack Daniel’s is made.

.https://www.jackdaniels.com/faqs