UnderGround Forums Justin Wren is the best person in MMA

Edited: 10 days ago
1/1/01

Wren awoke from a dream of a deep green jungle, and followed it to founding Fight for the Forgotten in 2011. The non-profit has raised over $1 million for Mbuti Pygmies in the Democratic Republic of Congo, who had formerly been enslaved, and now are self-sustaining on over 3,000 acres of their own land, with 62 wells providing clean water.

Being a good person is brutal. Wren has survived Blackwater fever, dengue fever, and malaria three times. He continues to suffer complications from the maladies. And three years ago the fighter was diagnosed with PTSD; he has nightmares of infants dying in his arms.

But despite the challenges, Justin Wren is still Justin Wren, and when he recently watched a viral video of a 12-year-old boy in Oklahoma being viciously bullied, he didn't just shake his head and scroll on. The victim of the beating by three students, including a female, was Rayden Overbay, who suffered a concussion, and has autism, diabetes, and is deaf in one ear. Following years of relentless bullying, he was found writing "I want to kill myself" on his forearm.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B392YhLBcAD/

Within 24 hours of watching the video, Wren had started a #StandWithRayden campaign, that has caught national attention. It is fueled by empathy.

“I know how that feels,” he said to himself upon first seeing the clips, as he explained to Loretta Hunt for The Guardian. “That was me. ... I remember people laughing at me. No one spoke up or stepped in. I remember the bully walking away. Nothing happened to him. Just like Rayden.”

Two days after watching the video, Rayden and his family were eating Chick-fil-A with Wren.

“Rayden, it’s OK to not be OK, but it doesn’t have to stay this way,” Wren told Rayden as they ate. “If you’ll allow me, I want to be your friend.”

#StandWithRayden went viral for the bullied space, and the young man now has public support from not just the MMA community, but Mick Foley, Terry Crews, Sarah Silverman, and many more.

Rayden watched Oklahoma beat Iowa State 42-41 and then Oklahoma quarterback Jalen Hurts handed off the signed game ball, and message - “If there’s anyone bothering you, talking to you, just let me know. There’s a whole squad behind you now.”

Then Rayden visited the set of the TV show Seal Team, and series star AJ Buckley presented the young man with the Navy Seal Trident insignia gifted from former Seal member Jack Carr’s own uniform.

The next morning Rayden got a swimming lesson from Kelly Slater and Laird Hamilton. “We are your friends,” he was told. “We want to share with you how healing the ocean can be.”

And the next day Teddy Atlas paid for a day at Disneyland.

“Rayden is not the same kid he was two months ago,” said Wren. “To see him come out of his shell with the athletes and then the actors in Los Angeles – it was like a butterfly spreading his wings. To all the people who contributed to this, you’ve helped change the way a beaten-down boy looked at the world. That is truly special.”

Wren's support and friendship are ongoing. Wren set up a GoFundMe to help cover Rayden’s medical treatment and counseling.

Rayden Overbay was thrust into the international spotlight when several videos of him being abused by classmates went viral on social media. A bright and joyful 12 year old, Rayden deals with special challenges including ADHD, ODD, ADD and Autism Spectrum Disorder. During the recorded attacks, Rayden suffered a concussion from the beatings. He is now receiving Hyperbaric treatment. As a loving community, we are raising funds to pay for Rayden's medical bills which exceed $8,000.00 dollars. Rayden's family also needs help providing their family with suitable housing. Rayden lives with his grandparents because his parents' trailer home is too small for a family. The Overbay family has not asked for help. They are hard working people who are doing the best they can. I know as a community we can fill in the gaps for this family. We are also sending a message to bullied people everywhere..."YOU ARE NOT ALONE!" Join us today and give to support Rayden and his family... help us fight for the forgotten children by providing for the needs of one...Make a donation today. Empowered and Sponsored by #hudiburghelps "In a gentle way you can shake the world." - Gandhi

It has raised $38,000 of the $50,000 goal.

https://www.gofundme.com/standwithrayden

10 days ago
4/1/11

Yes. Yes he is.

10 days ago
10/19/19

This is the beauty of life, this is what we need more of in this life.bwe need to reunite as people and keep spreading more love and positivity to the world. We need to show the youth how to love. There's so much evil in this world that these kids are exposed to. I'm sick of it.

Let's please all work together to make this world a happier place while we are here.

10 days ago
10/19/19

Justin Wren is an amazing person

10 days ago
1/13/11

He is a beautiful human with an unbelievably pure heart. He is the hero that we need.  

Thank you Justin!

10 days ago
2/15/06
If you don't love and appreciate Justin Wren, then you are dead inside.
10 days ago
5/10/12

Justin is a special person, we need more of him in the world.

thank you Justin

10 days ago
1/1/01

Amen. 

TTT

10 days ago
5/8/13

Sure is...

10 days ago
10/19/19
StrikingMMA - If you don't love and appreciate Justin Wren, then you are dead inside.

Amen

10 days ago
11/1/19
ABCTT_sakurabas ear -

He is a beautiful human with an unbelievably pure heart. He is the hero that we need.  

Thank you Justin!

This. Justin is awesome.

10 days ago
9/26/16
' [Justin Wren is the best...amazing...beautiful...hero...special...awesome...] '
- dying men (who do not confess, and thereby deny, that Jesus is the Son of God [1 John 4:15 ? 2 John 7])

"Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets. (Luke 6:26)
Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. (John 3:3)
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)
He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. (John 6:47)
but he that believeth not shall be damned. (Mark 16:16)
because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. (John 3:18)
Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. (Matt. 10:32)
If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death." (John 8:51)
- Jesus Christ, the Son of God
^
' "In a gentle way you can shake the world." - Gandhi '
- Justin Wren (from a GoFundMe he apparently set up)
^
"He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings (John 14:24)
whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven. (Matt. 10:33)
Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation. (John 5:28-29)
But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him." (Luke 12:5)

Blessed be the holy name of Jesus Christ, the Son of God (who shed his blood and died on the cross for the sins of the whole world, was buried, and rose from the dead the third day), the true God, who shall rightly cast all who have not believed on his holy name into hell.
10 days ago
11/19/09

We all need to be more like Justin Wren. 

10 days ago
12/17/09
John318 - ' [Justin Wren is the best...amazing...beautiful...hero...special...awesome...] '
- dying men (who do not confess, and thereby deny, that Jesus is the Son of God [1 John 4:15 ? 2 John 7])

"Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets. (Luke 6:26)
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)
because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. (John 3:18)
Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. (Matt. 10:32)
^
^
whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven. (Matt. 10:33)
Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation. (John 5:28-29)
But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him." (Luke 12:5)

Blessed be the holy name of Jesus Christ, the Son of God (who shed his blood and died on the cross for the sins of the whole world, was buried, and rose from the dead the third day), the true God, who shall rightly cast all who have not believed on his holy name into hell.

What exactly are you getting at? Are you calling Justin Wren a false prophet, just because some people think he's a nice guy?

I'm a Christian too, but you sound like one of them crazy snake handling mother fuckers. 

Luke 6:37 "Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven"

James 4:11-12 "Do not speak evil against one another, brothers. The one who speaks against a brother or judges his brother, speaks evil against the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge. There is only one lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbor?"

I mean, we can do this shit all day back and forth. How about try not being a dick, because Jesus doesn't like dicks.

"Have a Great Day" - Kevin Barbers.

10 days ago
2/14/11

9 days ago
4/1/11
AngryGerbil -
John318 - ' [Justin Wren is the best...amazing...beautiful...hero...special...awesome...] '

^
^

What exactly are you getting at? Are you calling Justin Wren a false prophet, just because some people think he's a nice guy?

I'm a Christian too, but you sound like one of them crazy snake handling mother fuckers. 

Luke 6:37 "Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven"

James 4:11-12 "Do not speak evil against one another, brothers. The one who speaks against a brother or judges his brother, speaks evil against the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge. There is only one lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbor?"

I mean, we can do this shit all day back and forth. How about try not being a dick, because Jesus doesn't like dicks.

"Have a Great Day" - Kevin Barbers.

Ignore him. He spits out prooftexts to try and show why Christians aren't truly followers of Jesus unless they say his version of magic words. He's either a sophisticated troll, or someone so blinded by spiritual pride and zeal that he is unreachable by all but the Holy Spirit perhaps.

8 days ago
9/26/16
"[Modern English is this generation's] truly global language."
- wikipedia ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modern_English )
^
"Heaven and earth shall pass away, but MY WORDS SHALL NOT PASS AWAY. (Matt. 24:35)
It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by EVERY WORD that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. (Matt. 4:4)
SEARCH THE SCRIPTURES; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and THEY ARE THEY WHICH TESTIFY OF ME." (John 5:39)
- Jesus Christ, the Son of God, the true God, who made heaven and earth

the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God (Mark 1:1)
this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment. And he that KEEPETH his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. (1 John 3:23-24)
Jesus the Son of God, let us HOLD FAST our profession. (Heb. 4:14)
Let us HOLD FAST the profession of our faith without wavering (Heb. 10:23)
^
"HOLD that FAST which thou hast, that no man take thy crown. (Rev. 3:11)
he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. (John 3:18)
Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven. (Matt. 10:32-33)
And these shall go away into EVERLASTING PUNISHMENT (Matt. 25:46)
And the smoke of their TORMENT ascendeth up FOR EVER AND EVER: and they have NO REST DAY NOR NIGHT"
- Jesus Christ, the Son of God, the Father of lights, who made the earth, and created man upon it
^
'disciple dojo' (a dying man, who will die and be judged by the holy word of Jesus the Son of God who created him): "Ignore him."
^
"He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day. (John 12:48)
at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just, And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: THERE SHALL BE WAILING AND GNASHING OF TEETH." (Matt. 13:49-50)
- Jesus Christ, the Son of God, The mighty God, who hath power to cast into hell

Hallowed be the holy name of Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God, The everlasting Father.

Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. (Matt. 6:9)
8 days ago
4/1/11

^see what I mean?