UnderGround Forums Khabib - 3 fights in 2.5 years

5/24/19 2:38 PM
2/15/11
I didn't realise Khabib wasn't very active.

If he doesn't fight until the end of the year, that means he fights less than once a year since 2017.

Compare that to Cowboy who fights every second day.

I'd really like to see more activity from our champs. DC fought 3 times in a single year (2018), that's more like it.

Thoughts?
5/24/19 3:49 PM
11/19/06

I love how he thinks hes this huge celeb and only has a few fights left blah blah blah.. No dude. You just became champ. You are not the goat. Defend the title 9 or 10 times. No, we would all grow old and die because this guy fights every 13.5 months. Conor was bad enough with tying up the title. Now it will be worse. The UFC needs to step in and make champs fight a minimum 2x per year. This shit is ridiculous

5/24/19 4:10 PM
5/22/17

14.8 million followers on ig. More than anybody on the ufc roster besides Conor. 

5/24/19 4:23 PM
3/18/12
Throwin’Knuckles -

I love how he thinks hes this huge celeb and only has a few fights left blah blah blah.. No dude. You just became champ. You are not the goat. Defend the title 9 or 10 times. No, we would all grow old and die because this guy fights every 13.5 months. Conor was bad enough with tying up the title. Now it will be worse. The UFC needs to step in and make champs fight a minimum 2x per year. This shit is ridiculous

Not a huge Khabib fan, but he’s the champ, undefeated and absolutely destroyed everybody’s favorite little leprechaun Mcgregor. 

So he seems to be doing something correct. 

5/24/19 9:45 PM
7/9/07

sick of people saying he's undefeated.  he was mauled in Tennessee by Gleison Tibau and was gifted one of the worst decisions in UFC history.  guy is a fucking joke.  the only reason someone could say he has more "IG" followers which doesn't mean jack shit, because he can't sell a PPV, is because the UFC has no stars anymore.  

i'm boycotting that piece of shit UAE event, and I hope Dustin knocks his god damn teeth out.  

5/24/19 9:58 PM
11/19/06
BreakALegAndy! -
Throwin’Knuckles -

Not a huge Khabib fan, but he’s the champ, undefeated and absolutely destroyed everybody’s favorite little leprechaun Mcgregor. 

So he seems to be doing something correct. 

He became champ by beating a #11 fighter. The most unprecedented title fight in ufc history. He defended against a fighter on a 2 year layoff that should have been stripped long before. He literally landed followers who couldn’t pronounce his name because of Conor.

5/24/19 10:40 PM
7/8/06
Throwin’Knuckles -

You know he’s suspended, right?

5/24/19 11:12 PM
4/2/17

He's more active than others

5/24/19 11:33 PM
1/13/11
SandBlaster -

14.8 million followers on ig. More than anybody on the ufc roster besides Conor. 

If he was the exact same fighter, but from Greece or something. He’d have less than a million. Maybe he’d have broken that with the McGregor win. But at least 13m of those followers are Russian, who blindly follow other Russians. 

5/25/19 12:12 AM
11/19/06
Jiujitsu guy -

He's more active than others

Maybe the Diaz brothers..

5/25/19 12:31 AM
12/19/10
Flexo -
SandBlaster -

If he was the exact same fighter, but from Greece or something. He’d have less than a million. Maybe he’d have broken that with the McGregor win. But at least 13m of those followers are Russian, who blindly follow other Russians. 

You mean 13m muslims

5/25/19 2:53 AM
2/13/16
thestaton -

sick of people saying he's undefeated.  he was mauled in Tennessee by Gleison Tibau and was gifted one of the worst decisions in UFC history.  guy is a fucking joke.  the only reason someone could say he has more "IG" followers which doesn't mean jack shit, because he can't sell a PPV, is because the UFC has no stars anymore.  

i'm boycotting that piece of shit UAE event, and I hope Dustin knocks his god damn teeth out.  

Damn son.

also knuckles dropping bombs 

5/26/19 6:13 AM
5/15/15
Throwin’Knuckles -

He is one of the most famous sportsmen on the planet. I'm guessing that's what makes him a huge celeb.

But yeah, he did just beat a guy that had 2 belts but has bottled defending either. Until you defend a belt I dont think you can call yourself a champ...

5/26/19 6:15 AM
5/15/15
thestaton -

PPVs are only in the USA... not Russia and the rest of Europe where hes a big star. Granted, if he left the UFC for a European based promotion then yes I could see him doing big PPV numbers.. 

5/26/19 9:55 AM
1/18/04
Khabib is able to sell a fight largely based on his opponents. Likely it will be McG, Ferg or GSP actually putting asses in seats.

And +1 for a minimum of 2 defenses/yr.
5/26/19 10:59 AM
9/21/14
thestaton -

Lol did you actually watch that fight? It wasnt a showcase for khabib by any means but tibau didnt really do dick all. 

5/26/19 12:09 PM
11/19/06
moogin83 -
Throwin’Knuckles -

He is one of the most famous sportsmen on the planet. I'm guessing that's what makes him a huge celeb.

But yeah, he did just beat a guy that had 2 belts but has bottled defending either. Until you defend a belt I dont think you can call yourself a champ...

If he was one of the most famous sportsman on the planet I’m guessing he would sell more than 350k buys when he headlined a ppv championship bout at UFC 223. People are confusing how famous Conor is. And how he makes the people who fight him more famous. Again, when you look through the history of PPV buys McGregor is in a class of his own. Lesnar was a huge draw as well. Although mostly due to his pro wrestling fans. Tito Ortiz was another draw. He put up huge numbers in his hey day.. Khabib is famous mostly due to Conor and the build up to and aftermath of that fight. Time will tell. We will see how Khabib does on his own. But with the sample size of numbers I would guess he would be lucky to do 500,000 buys without Conor. 

5/26/19 12:14 PM
11/19/06
Son of Neckbone - Khabib is able to sell a fight largely based on his opponents. Likely it will be McG, Ferg or GSP actually putting asses in seats.

And +1 for a minimum of 2 defenses/yr.

I don’t think Ferguson would be a high number ppv. Based on the last minute switch to Al at 223 and the buys around 350k. If you look at a similar situation Conor was supposed to fight Aldo at 189 when the bout was scraped due to Aldo’s rib fracture. Chad Mendes stepped in for Aldo. The fight still did 825,000 buys. Those are huge numbers.

5/26/19 1:37 PM
7/30/03
thestaton -

He’s undefeated!

5/26/19 10:23 PM
6/14/12

He defendes more than conor. He s more active than cain. 

He s presently suspended and has been for months. 

Its well known the ufc had a hard time getting him fights when he was climbing the ranks. 

The tony fight fiascos. 

Ramadan motherfuckers. 

5/26/19 10:23 PM
12/23/02

Who?

5/26/19 10:33 PM
1/1/01
5 fights in the last 3 years.

Nothing wrong with that. Obviously I would like for him to be more active, but it is no where close to the point where I would really be getting upset.