UnderGround Forums Khabib 12 fights no scratches

7 days ago
12/7/10
chupecabre -
The Magician Longs to See - 

I'm comfortable describing the winner of this fight GOAT.

Of course you would be...

Can we stop calling everyone GOAT after every fucking card?

Jesus Christ this, all day long this!

7 days ago
4/21/12

Tony: 10 post-fight bonuses in 16 UFC fights.

Khabib: 2 post-fight bonuses in 12 UFC fights.

Tony: Number of guys he's fought who had zero wins when they fought: 1

Khabib: Number of guys he's fought who had zero wins when they fought: 8

Tony: Number of guys he's fought who had a .500 or lower record when they fought: 5

Khabib: Number of guys he's fought who had a .500 or lower record when they fought: 10

7 days ago
11/17/10
trobinson21 -

Khabib's 12 UFC opponents have 113 losses. 

not sure if that really makes things any different

how many of those opponent losses came AFTER they fought khabib?

who did these fighters lose to?

how many wins do they have?

WHO were these fighters?

i htink youre just hating on Khabib....he hasnt lost, so you cant point out his flaws, instead you have to cherry pick a stat about his opponents' losses?

Edited: 7 days ago
11/17/10
Tug Dabone -

Tony: Number of guys he's fought who had a .500 or lower record when they fought: 5

Khabib: Number of guys he's fought who had a .500 or lower record when they fought: 10

again, you need to look at context (and im not so sure about those numbers)

but WHEN did khabib and tony fight these .500 fighters?  (beginning of their careers when being brought up properly as fighters)

Tony has more FOTN bonuses, obviously, bc his style is balls to the war blood baths, while khabib is not like that, hence the OP subject of Khabib having virtually no damage after all his UFC fights

im not even really picking a side here, bc i think both are the absloute best LWs on the planet right now and have been for a couple of years

only a fool would try to discredit either of these fighters as being top of the food chain, elite

7 days ago
4/21/12
In Limbo -
Tug Dabone -

but WHEN did khabib and tony fight these .500 fighters?  (beginning of their careers when being brought up properly as fighters)

Tony has more FOTN bonuses, obviously, bc his style is balls to the war blood baths, while khabib is not like that, hence the OP subject of Khabib having virtually no damage after all his UFC fights

im not even really picking a side here, bc i think both are the absloute best LWs on the planet right now and have been for a couple of years

only a fool would try to discredit either of these fighters as being top of the food chain, elite

When Khabib was 11-0 he fought a guy who was 0-2.

When he was 14-0 he fought a guy who was making his pro debut. 

Uh...not exactly the "beginning of his career." He entered the UFC 2 fights after beating a guy who was 0-0.

7 days ago
12/6/11

Not a Tony Ferg fan but the dude is all game.  Many fighters who face Khabib sort of mentally give up once they realize they dont have a chance or an answer. Tony is not that kind of dude.  Even when he has been losing in some fights he keeps on fighting with pressure and eventually gets the win. 

7 days ago
11/17/10
Tug Dabone -
In Limbo -
Tug Dabone -

When Khabib was 11-0 he fought a guy who was 0-2.

When he was 14-0 he fought a guy who was making his pro debut. 

Uh...not exactly the "beginning of his career." He entered the UFC 2 fights after beating a guy who was 0-0.

ok, so why not compare both during their UFC careers then, since each fighter goes through the beginning stages of their careers in different ways...these 2 guys are literally from opposite ends of the world

compare their UFC records and look at the context in all of them.....hell i could be a shallow thinker and just say Khabib is better than tony simply because he is undefeated in the UFC...but that wouldnt be prudent of me

we could break it down, round by round, and see who has a better % of winning rounds in the UFC, and conclude that khabib is "better" than tony, but i owuldnt do that, bc that is folloish and not looking at context

we wont know who is "better" than one another until they fight

7 days ago
4/21/12

"...each fighter goes through the beginning stages of their careers in different ways..."

lol

Khabib was still fighting cans and newcomers in his 15th fight. That's past the halfway point of his career.

No one's arguing that he's not a great fighter today. He's great. He'd be a betting favorite to beat any 155er in the world today.

What I'll always argue, though, is that his 28-0 streak is built on a bunch of bullshit. He spent the first half of his career padding his record. Fuck, when he was 12-0 he fought a guy who was 1-1 (and who is now 3-6)!!! At 14-0 he fought a guy who was 0-0. Etc., etc....

7 days ago
11/17/10
Tug Dabone -

"...each fighter goes through the beginning stages of their careers in different ways..."

lol

Khabib was still fighting cans and newcomers in his 15th fight. That's past the halfway point of his career.

No one's arguing that he's not a great fighter today. He's great. He'd be a betting favorite to beat any 155er in the world today.

What I'll always argue, though, is that his 28-0 streak is built on a bunch of bullshit. He spent the first half of his career padding his record. Fuck, when he was 12-0 he fought a guy who was 1-1 (and who is now 3-6)!!! At 14-0 he fought a guy who was 0-0. Etc., etc....

hence me saying, let's focus on their UFC careers and eliminate any questionable things pre ufc

let's keep it Apples to Apples as much as possible

and the OP specifies only his UFC fights