UnderGround Forums Khabib Nurmagomedov responds to Conor McGregor

4/3/20 1:53 PM
1/1/01

Former UFC champ champ Conor McGregor recently took issue with lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov's determination that it did not appear feasible to fight Tony Ferguson at UFC 249 on April 18 during the COVID-19 global pandemic. Nurmagomedov responded in an interview with ESPN's Brett Okamoto.

“I no understand,” said Khabib, as transcribed by Jed Meshew for MMA Fighting. “This guy talks about he’s in good shape but when I smash him last time he’s like, ‘My foot is blame’ or something like this. ‘It was not my good shape.’ How he right now is good shape? How we can talk about shape when I smash his face and he tap? He say ‘It was my bad shape, I was without shape, blah, blah, blah’ Now we talk about ‘I am good shape, I can come in.’

“Okay, a couple days ago he send message, ‘Hey people, take care of family, please, be safe, stay home, government ask us to stay home.’ Now he talks ‘I’m good shape, blah, blah, blah, someone has to fight, someone has to fly.’ This is fake. For me, it’s fake. I was always real. Maybe someone like, maybe someone don’t like, this is not my job. But I was always real, but this guy’s fake. What are you talking about, talking about his shape? He goes to some island and sits home all day, scared about this coronavirus but he don’t talk about this. He judges someone, ‘He has to fly here, he has to go there, he has to fight.’

“What happened, October 6th, 2018? When you have six-month training camp before the fight, you do everything that you can and you come inside the cage, you talk a lot of bad things before the fight, six months you train very hard, and you come inside the cage and tap like chicken. What are you talking about?”

“When I’m gonna be here, Tony’s maximum is interim champ. Conor’s always gonna be number two. Always. Always gonna be number two. He never can do nothing with me. Inside the cage, he’s zero. When we fight, what did he do? He did zero. Everybody talks about his standup, I give him all round, I stay with him all round.”

“Of course, when I’m gonna come back, Tony gonna be always, always there. And I really believe we’re gonna fight. I really want this. This is my dream fight. I want to show people I am on different level. My ground game, my striking game, my timing, my wrestling, my top control, my spirit, my fighting IQ, I am on different level.”

“My advice, send me location. I am on good shape. Anytime, anywhere, with anybody. I am the best lightweight in the world right now. I am undefeated and undisputed champion. I know these guys don’t like to hear this. Hey, remember, I am the undisputed and undefeated UFC lightweight champion - one of the greatest fighters of all time. I don’t want to say greatest, one of the greatest. Never lose fight. And now people want to say something to me? I know why, because they can’t become success like I am. ... When I’m gonna be here, these guys always gonna be No. 2.”

4/3/20 2:11 PM
3/13/18

4/3/20 2:42 PM
1/1/15

Love that last paragraph & I agree with him.

You can tell Conner still gets under his skin though. Khabib is the opposite of humble here all because Connor gonna Connar

4/3/20 4:56 PM
12/9/02

khabib has never been humble. he jsut doenst know the art of bragadociousness

4/3/20 10:42 PM
8/8/18

"Not the greatest, one of the greatest" interesting.

4/3/20 10:52 PM
6/27/05

Khabib went to Africa after his last payday to build dinking wells in impoverished towns.

That Irish guy tried to fight a drunk geezer in a pub. 

4/4/20 12:34 AM
3/30/14
Stu Cazzo -

Khabib went to Africa after his last payday to build dinking wells in impoverished towns.

To be fair if Conor went to Africa trying to fight impoverished geezers people would call him racist

4/4/20 12:41 AM
12/27/11
InTheClosetCucumberBoy -
Stu Cazzo -

To be fair if Conor went to Africa trying to fight impoverished geezers people would call him racist

He actually thought he was going to help supply water to villagers, he just misunderstood the meaning of ‘watering hole’.

4/4/20 2:58 AM
1/7/13

I love Conor but he can’t say shit to Khabib, he literally made him tap inside the cage and say “it’s just business”.

4/4/20 3:41 AM
4/8/13

Conor wins the PR

4/4/20 5:12 AM
10/5/12
sekundarburnes -

Conor wins the PR

But taps in the fight 

4/4/20 5:27 AM
4/11/10
sekundarburnes -

Conor wins the PR

Conor only wins with his die hard fans and against old men in pubs. Outside if that, he’s ridiculed. 

4/4/20 6:43 AM
8/11/14

Saying the same old shit.

BOTTOM LINE - HE LEFT THE USA WITHOUT ANYONE [UFC] TELLING HIM TO DO SO.

HE COULD HAVE FUCKING STAYED IN THE USA AND WAITED.

HE MADE THE CALL.

HE FUCKED UP.

4/4/20 6:54 AM
7/31/15
jahbulon -

Saying the same old shit.

BOTTOM LINE - HE LEFT THE USA WITHOUT ANYONE [UFC] TELLING HIM TO DO SO.

HE COULD HAVE FUCKING STAYED IN THE USA AND WAITED.

HE MADE THE CALL.

HE FUCKED UP.

I believe the UFC/Dana tell him it was most likely Abu Dabhi and Khabib and his team flew there, then at the 11th hour it was nixed, he (Khabib) returned to Dagestan/Russia after that to await further instruction at which time the border was closed.

Just my understanding.

4/4/20 7:20 AM
8/11/12

This guy and his team are the most annoying cunts in all of mma, my religion my religion, fuck off.

4/4/20 9:51 AM
7/10/02

Well Khabib is right. He's the champ and all the others will always be #2 at best. Especially if you never fight, champ.

He's so fucking annoying. I can agree with almost all he says, but he does it in such a condescending cunt tone, hard to like the guy.

THIS cancellation is understandable. But not his track record of so few fights in the last 4-5 years. Nor that he continues to say "just send me location" when he won't fight! Fuck

4/4/20 4:05 PM
12/21/13

Fuck "send location" Khabib. He is full of shit.

4/4/20 9:43 PM
7/10/02

That video has a million views in not even two days! An interview. I think the message is clear: people want to see this fight!