UnderGround Forums Khabib buying MMA promotion for $1 million

11/28/20 1:00 PM
8/3/11

Sports columnist Azamat Bostanov reported that UFC lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov has acquired the Gorilla Fighting Championships promotion. Bostanov told about this on his page on Instagram.

The deal is estimated at approximately $ 1 million. According to available information, the league will be renamed the Eagle Fighting Championship. After purchase, tournaments will be held not only in Russia and the CIS countries, but also in the Middle East and possibly the USA.

This information is expected to become public on December 2, when Nurmagomedov holds a major press conference in Moscow.

Previously, the position of honorary president of the Gorilla Fighting Championshps league was held by Khabib's father Abdulmanap Nurmagomedov.

11/28/20 1:04 PM
2/2/05

Khabib gonna become the egg of Dagestan?

11/28/20 1:16 PM
11/18/14

homework for you all, a quick thought experiment: imagine how much the local lads want to impress Khabib. 

fack me, surely this will be an intense show.

11/28/20 5:45 PM
12/1/12

Seems like a great way to launder money for organized crime and terrorist organizations...

11/28/20 5:50 PM
6/28/10
JuicedBeast -

Seems like a great way to launder money for organized crime and terrorist organizations...

This post seems like a great way to show the people how fucking stupid you are.

11/28/20 6:08 PM
12/1/12
BrckNoHitBk -
JuicedBeast -

That’s hilarious coming from a shit poster such as yourself...

11/28/20 7:10 PM
1/3/20
JuicedBeast -

Yep! 

11/28/20 7:26 PM
12/26/09
BrckNoHitBk -
JuicedBeast -

Have you checked your post history?

Edited: 11/28/20 7:29 PM
9/14/17

MMA promotion is a different ball game. I don't really see what Khabib brings to the table as President, aside from his fame (particularly, his success internationally during his time with the UFC).

Plenty of decent promoters out there, all struggle to compete with UFC. Gradually, the field is opening and maybe Khabib is in there more as a figurehead / face for the organisation (with a team comprising the role of President - obviously, notwithstanding the rest of the structure).

Then again, maybe he's not looking to rival the big leagues and just wishes to continue his passion.

Good to luck to him.

I'm sure we'll see very little of Eagle Fighting Championship (EFC...??).

11/28/20 7:33 PM
7/27/04

Nice,at the very least it'll be on fightpass

11/28/20 8:15 PM
8/20/15

I don't think he is trying to compete with the UFC. I think maybe he wants to assemble the best talent in the Russia/Old Soviet countries as a possible feeder?

11/28/20 9:15 PM
1/1/01

More like Goat Fucking Caucasus. 

11/29/20 12:32 AM
8/3/11
Floppy Divac -

What happened bro, I thought you liked Khabib boys?

11/29/20 12:41 AM
1/1/01
JuicedBeast - 

Agreed.

11/29/20 1:06 AM
1/1/01
JuicedBeast - 

You're a fucking stooge.
11/29/20 1:08 AM
1/1/01
Wonder why he didn't just start his own instead of buying this one.
11/29/20 1:56 AM
9/13/18

Once this goes public, I doubt you'll see khabib back in the UFC. Which means, McGregor/Poirier 2 should probably be for a belt... we'll see what happens this week, if khabib is going with his own promotion I cant see how he fights in the UFC again.. they'll stick with his "retirement" and move forward with the Irishman. Either that or they have a legendary tournament for the lightweight belt. It would be the greatest tournament in the history of the company. 

With or without Khabib the company makes money, my opinion... they make more without him... 

11/29/20 9:46 AM
7/12/14
JuicedBeast -

And provide quality combat training

11/29/20 5:40 PM
3/29/11
Swamp Donkey -

Once this goes public, I doubt you'll see khabib back in the UFC. Which means, McGregor/Poirier 2 should probably be for a belt... we'll see what happens this week, if khabib is going with his own promotion I cant see how he fights in the UFC again.. they'll stick with his "retirement" and move forward with the Irishman. Either that or they have a legendary tournament for the lightweight belt. It would be the greatest tournament in the history of the company. 

With or without Khabib the company makes money, my opinion... they make more without him... 

This promotion isn't anywhere near being a competitor to the UFC so I doubt they give a shit and I'm sure they knew about this before this arrival came out. If anything they can use it to scout fighter's. Also this isn't the first time a UFC fighter was involved in a small organization like this. 

11/29/20 5:47 PM
8/20/08
PeaceThroughStrength -
Swamp Donkey -

This promotion isn't anywhere near being a competitor to the UFC so I doubt they give a shit and I'm sure they knew about this before this arrival came out. If anything they can use it to scout fighter's. Also this isn't the first time a UFC fighter was involved in a small organization like this. 

Agreed, it will probably be a funnel for talent to the UFC, Bellator, etc. I wish Khabib and the fighters luck in this worthy endeavor.

11/29/20 7:23 PM
1/1/01

Khabibs brand power will easily secure regional TV and advertisers. If he puts on great fights it’ll be a easy win.

Edited: 11/29/20 7:46 PM
7/4/11
BrckNoHitBk -
JuicedBeast -

You're an idiot. Chechen MMA has huge ties to organized crime and radicalism and it's been extensively documented.

It's like the Yakuza and Pride or old Vegas boxing and the mafia (and obviously there are still some blatantly corrupt judges).

11/29/20 8:20 PM
6/18/16
JuicedBeast -

Wtf is wrong u ppl? Some faggot brings up terrorist ties in so many threads on here. Post proof or stfu and stay on topic.

With that being said, I'm happy for khabib. Looking out for his future. 

11/30/20 4:52 AM
1/1/01
touch -
Floppy Divac -

What happened bro, I thought you liked Khabib boys?

I like a couple of his boys. But Beeb's recent support of religious extremism has really soured me on him. Also trying to play the cryptic tweet game teasing a return, etc, when he's never been that kind of guy to this point. I get that people could say, "well he's never retired before." But it just doesn't fit the character he'd portrayed leading up to where we are. Ali has tainted Khabib's purity and Khabib has sullied his own once good name with his intolerant wackadoodle religious views. Fuck Beeb, give me Cumshot all day.

12/5/20 2:00 PM
3/13/02

Results from his first show are up - https://www.mixedmartialarts.com/events/Eagle-Fighting-Championship-30:dc53849b-5b4e-45a6-bde3-2b6e444dd832/