UnderGround Forums Khabib hasn't fought an elite grappler - beatable

4/19/19 2:38 PM
7/22/09
TequilaYuen -
SexiestManAlive -

Yea pretty much anybody who knows the sport, history of dominate fighters and styles know this. Khabib hasn't fought any real dominate wrestler/grappler

RDA is a good wrestler but doesn't rely on wrestling to win his fights anyway. RDA strikes then shoots takedowns, against top wrestlers he loses (losing to Khabib, Colby, Usman)

Iaquinta is a great wrestler yet look how he was making Khabib embarrass himself by stuffing his takedowns after the 3rd round. Khabib wasn't just showing off his striking, no he really couldn't get Al down and had to strike with him. Even then he had no power to really hurt Al.

Khabib list wins of wins consist of strikers with no real TD defense, Barboza? Conor? Seriously 

Khabib is an incredible fighter for sure and I do think he beats Dustin anyway. Dustin does great because his opponents stand with him (Pettis, Gaethje, Eddie, Max) Khabib on the other had will be shooting takedowns from the start. Dustin needs to train TD defense all training camp to really stand a chance. 

Back on Khabib, even Kevin Lee stands a real shot at beating him, so does Al in a rematch. Especially if Khabib moves up to WW as he says he will eventually, Usman, Colby, Woodley, Askren, even Masvidal or Maia have solid chances at beating him

Dominant. The word you are thinking of is “dominant.” That’s an adjective.

”Dominate” is a verb. Do you understand the difference?

Of course I do the damn auto correct 

I found more mistakes in there if you want to keep looking 

4/19/19 2:44 PM
7/22/09
Throwin’Knuckles -
Picochu -

I cant wait for Dustin to end this fuckwads hype train and see all you nut suckers hop off the bandwagon 5 minutes after the fight.

Haha.. Agreed. I can’t stand Khabib and his goons.

Ain't happening, doesn't mean I don't want it to happen

Khabib ain't standing with Dustin like everyone else. Khabib will be shooting takedowns asap when the bell starts. Dustin needs to train wrestling every single day from stuffing takedowns to getting back up on his feet. 

Khabib does gas out around the 3rd round

It's Dustin's responsibility to keep it standing, not Khabib striking with him

4/19/19 5:29 PM
11/19/06
forumnewb -
Throwin’Knuckles - 
Picochu -

I cant wait for Dustin to end this fuckwads hype train and see all you nut suckers hop off the bandwagon 5 minutes after the fight.

I hope Dustin wins, but he doesn't have the skills to stop a wet blanket.

Brian Ortega is the hero we need.

Dustin will stuff him and KO him. He’s on a roll right now.

I want to believe!

4/19/19 5:37 PM
11/19/06
SexiestManAlive -
Throwin’Knuckles -
Picochu -

Ain't happening, doesn't mean I don't want it to happen

Khabib ain't standing with Dustin like everyone else. Khabib will be shooting takedowns asap when the bell starts. Dustin needs to train wrestling every single day from stuffing takedowns to getting back up on his feet. 

Khabib does gas out around the 3rd round

It's Dustin's responsibility to keep it standing, not Khabib striking with him

Khabib ain’t standing with anyone.. He doesn’t want those problems. He will be desperate for the takedown. Unlike Johnson and Barbosa, Dustin has a decent ground game. Dustin should start off with 

eye poke

groin strike

See where it goes from there.

4/19/19 5:38 PM
10/13/07

Crazy how little respect Khabib gets.

27-0 in MMA

11-0 in the UFC

Has maybe lost 3-4 rounds total in his career 

4/19/19 6:51 PM
2/2/08
Throwin’Knuckles - 
forumnewb -
Throwin’Knuckles - 
Picochu -

I hope Dustin wins, but he doesn't have the skills to stop a wet blanket.

Brian Ortega is the hero we need.

Dustin will stuff him and KO him. He’s on a roll right now.

I want to believe!

I concur.

I want to believe.

But Dustin does not have the takedown defense or guard game that can neutralize Khabib.
4/19/19 6:52 PM
2/17/03
We wanted a lot of the GOATs tested by different styles.

We wanted to see Anderson against a great offensive wrestler with great bjj and Weidman beat him. We wanted to see GSP fight good wrestlers and he smashed Kos and Fitch. Aldo and Mighty Mouse beat all sorts of fighters. They didn't have a clear kryptonite. We wanted to see Fedor against a well rounded wrestler, but the Barnett fight never materialized.

Khabib has beat essentially every style except a GREAT wrestler. Hopefully, he'll get that test.
4/19/19 7:23 PM
3/17/17
Conor and Khabib fans are fucking annoying; I cant wait for someone like Dustin to take a big steaming shit on Khabibs hypetrain now that Conor is gaining irrelevancy anyways.
4/19/19 8:19 PM
7/22/09
wiggum - We wanted a lot of the GOATs tested by different styles.

We wanted to see Anderson against a great offensive wrestler with great bjj and Weidman beat him. We wanted to see GSP fight good wrestlers and he smashed Kos and Fitch. Aldo and Mighty Mouse beat all sorts of fighters. They didn't have a clear kryptonite. We wanted to see Fedor against a well rounded wrestler, but the Barnett fight never materialized.

Khabib has beat essentially every style except a GREAT wrestler. Hopefully, he'll get that test.

Anderson faced many great wrestlers, but Anderson's TD defense is underrated. Look up his stats

Also Anderson beat Sonnen, twice. He got the sub in the 1st, in the 2nd fight stuffed the takedown forcing Chael to strike

In that 1st Weidman fight, Anderson survived that 1st round like nothing happened. In the 2nd round, he started stuffing Chris's takedowns easily forcing him to stand and strike. Chris couldnt get him down again. Damn Silva and his taunting. Chris won regardless but it wasn't because of his wrestling 

Anderson has a strong record against wrestlers 

4/20/19 2:40 AM
2/27/11

Gillespie is going to give Khabib a run for his money but im not sure whether hes going to get a title shot before Khabibs retires

4/20/19 3:21 AM
11/16/09
SexiestManAlive -

Yea pretty much anybody who knows the sport, history of dominate fighters and styles know this. Khabib hasn't fought any real dominate wrestler/grappler

RDA is a good wrestler but doesn't rely on wrestling to win his fights anyway. RDA strikes then shoots takedowns, against top wrestlers he loses (losing to Khabib, Colby, Usman)

Iaquinta is a great wrestler yet look how he was making Khabib embarrass himself by stuffing his takedowns after the 3rd round. Khabib wasn't just showing off his striking, no he really couldn't get Al down and had to strike with him. Even then he had no power to really hurt Al.

Khabib list wins of wins consist of strikers with no real TD defense, Barboza? Conor? Seriously 

Khabib is an incredible fighter for sure and I do think he beats Dustin anyway. Dustin does great because his opponents stand with him (Pettis, Gaethje, Eddie, Max) Khabib on the other had will be shooting takedowns from the start. Dustin needs to train TD defense all training camp to really stand a chance. 

Back on Khabib, even Kevin Lee stands a real shot at beating him, so does Al in a rematch. Especially if Khabib moves up to WW as he says he will eventually, Usman, Colby, Woodley, Askren, even Masvidal or Maia have solid chances at beating him

I don't think you really understand what happened in that fight.

Big Al dropped so deep into a counter wrestling stance, he might as well have been taking a shit, and in the process he sacrificed all offense of any kind in an effort to survive.

Al is a much better striker than Khabib, but you can't strike when you're popping a squat and your hands are at your waists extended in front of you in a defensive wrestling posture.

Khabib will take that all day. If people want to compromise their ability to win, so they don't get Barbosa'd or Johnson'd, I'm sure he will be happy to Ali shuffle and shake and bake with his awkward striking.

4/20/19 3:45 AM
6/27/18
^ Correct. I respect Al for stepping up in that fight, but he was fighting not to lose.

He got taken down 3 times in the first round and spent the whole round defending on the bottom. He was not going to let that happen again, so he went into his super defensive squat for the rest of the fight. And he still got taken down 3 more times.

People need to rewatch the fight and realize Khabib outstruck Al in EVERY round. The final tally was 134 strikes landed by Khabib, 41 strikes landed by Al.

That is utterly lopsided. I don't know how anyone could look at that fight and think Al would beat Khabib in a rematch. It was a complete drubbing.
4/20/19 5:15 AM
10/10/18

Hang on. I don't recall him rushing in on Conner? Didn't he stand & trade? His game is Sambo & he is very good at it. Now he is putting his hands to it, he has become a tough fight for anyone.

Then you put that altogether into a tough  religious mother fucker = Champion business man.

4/20/19 6:20 AM
7/19/13

I have no hate for Khabib. The hate he gets from some of you is ridiculous. Great fighter who dominates the competition with his strength.. he doesn’t just blanket them, he fucking devours all hope from his opponents. What he did to Barbosa was a fucking mauling.. I bet Barbosa would rather be KO’d than to endure that level of hopelessness again.. 

4/20/19 9:08 AM
9/13/11

No one at LW is ever going to dominate Khabib. One day someone will land on him, but they won’t dominate him. He beats anyone at LW 9.99/10

4/20/19 10:03 AM
2/17/03
SexiestManAlive - 
wiggum - We wanted a lot of the GOATs tested by different styles.

Anderson faced many great wrestlers, but Anderson's TD defense is underrated. Look up his stats

Also Anderson beat Sonnen, twice. He got the sub in the 1st, in the 2nd fight stuffed the takedown forcing Chael to strike

In that 1st Weidman fight, Anderson survived that 1st round like nothing happened. In the 2nd round, he started stuffing Chris's takedowns easily forcing him to stand and strike. Chris couldnt get him down again. Damn Silva and his taunting. Chris won regardless but it wasn't because of his wrestling 

Anderson has a strong record against wrestlers 

Until Weidman, Anderson had only fought two accomplished wrestlers--Chael and Hendo. Hendo isn't known for his offensive wrestling and Chael has terrible submission defense. I was precise with my wording for a reason. Weidman fit a very description that made people think he had a shot.
4/20/19 10:56 AM
2/17/03
^^None of this is a knock on Anderson, either.

He beat plenty of good wrestlers--including Chael x2, Hendo, Okami, etc.

Weidman fit a very specific description that people rightly thought could give him trouble.
Edited: 4/20/19 1:22 PM
4/27/18
wiggum - ^^None of this is a knock on Anderson, either.

He beat plenty of good wrestlers--including Chael x2, Hendo, Okami, etc.

Weidman fit a very specific description that people rightly thought could give him trouble.

First one was a somewhat lucky punch (or maybe more Silva’s bravado) and the second a fluke.

he didn’t win them with wrestling.

he might have had they gone the distance.

as an aside, weidmans a bigot and an asshole. At least the few times I was around him.

and since usada he sucks

4/20/19 6:34 PM
2/17/03
^^Did not expect that post to end the way it did.
4/21/19 4:59 PM
7/19/13
RepsOne -

No one at LW is ever going to dominate Khabib. One day someone will land on him, but they won’t dominate him. He beats anyone at LW 9.99/10

I still think Tony is going to whoop that ass. GG and JG both have a legit chance to dominate him as well. I also think Kevin Lee is the guy in the shadows no one is giving credit to that can beat Khabib. 

4/21/19 7:34 PM
6/27/18

^ Tony, Gaethje, and even Gregor, I could see having a chance. But Kevin Lee? What has he done that would make you think he can beat Khabib? He has one win at LW in two years, and he missed weight for it.

Edited: 4/21/19 9:49 PM
7/19/13
TequilaYuen -

^ Tony, Gaethje, and even Gregor, I could see having a chance. But Kevin Lee? What has he done that would make you think he can beat Khabib? He has one win at LW in two years, and he missed weight for it.

His wrestling and his length cause problems. His hands are decent, and he’s become pretty good with his submissions. I think his length creates problems. Black ppl have long arms, and sometimes that dynamic causes a grappling issue where they can grab your legs and you can’t reach theirs.. if he can outgrapple Khabib, shit would get real interesting. I don’t think it’s fair to discredit Lee’s body of work. Wins and losses wise, Al Iaquinta has his #, and losing to Tony Ferguson doesn’t reduce your stock. Tony beats everybody, he’s the real King of the division imo. Lee has went 7-2 in his last nine fights, across various styles, and he’s beat some of the most talented guys in the division. Again it’s not fair to discredit his body of work. He was doing pretty good against Tony until he gassed..

4/21/19 9:55 PM
7/19/13

Also, has Khabib ever fought a black fighter in his entire career? There isn’t anyone at the top in that division who is black aside from Kevin Lee.. Khabib vs Porier is going to be a good test too because Porier has grappling ability himself. Idk man, but UFC 155lb division seems like the most competitive and exciting division in the entire sport right now. 155lb division from top to bottom, even the lower ranked guys like Charles Oliveira are dangerous.. 

4/22/19 12:38 AM
11/19/06
KnockoutThoughts -

Also, has Khabib ever fought a black fighter in his entire career? There isn’t anyone at the top in that division who is black aside from Kevin Lee.. Khabib vs Porier is going to be a good test too because Porier has grappling ability himself. Idk man, but UFC 155lb division seems like the most competitive and exciting division in the entire sport right now. 155lb division from top to bottom, even the lower ranked guys like Charles Oliveira are dangerous.. 

Uh he fought fought Micheal Johnson. Almost got knocked out. But in the in he wrestled him up. That’s why I always loved GSP. He was great at everything. Khabib is one dimensional. ALL one dimensional fighters fall from grace eventually. Ima rub one out when it happens too.

4/22/19 4:42 AM
7/19/13
Throwin’Knuckles -
KnockoutThoughts -

Uh he fought fought Micheal Johnson. Almost got knocked out. But in the in he wrestled him up. That’s why I always loved GSP. He was great at everything. Khabib is one dimensional. ALL one dimensional fighters fall from grace eventually. Ima rub one out when it happens too.

You’re right! My bad, I don’t know how the hell Michael Johnson slipped my mind..lol That said, Johnson ain’t really a wrestler. He’s pretty inconsistent in his career too.. he’ll beat Tony Ferguson, but drop a couple to lesser fighters outta nowhere. I know it’s part of the game, but still.. Lee is more consistent and is more wrestling/grappling than just fisticuffs like MJ.