UnderGround Forums Khabib open to Conor rematch for $100 mil

12/2/20 2:53 PM
8/3/11

UFC lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov hinted that he would agree to hold a rematch with Conor McGregor if he was offered $ 100 million.Recall that in October 2018, Nurmagomedov defeated McGregor, successfully using a painful hold in the fourth round.

"White (UFC President. - " Championship ") will offer money. It's hard to surprise me with a rival. Whom will he offer me? Both McGregor and Poirier were strangled, what should I find out with them? There is no sports interest, they both surrendered to me. The horse does not run until the donkey wins.

If they give me money, about 100 million - that's already a problem to resist. But, again, I don’t see any sports interest there ”, - the correspondent of “ Championship ” Pavel Levkovich reports the words of Nurmagomedov.

12/2/20 2:56 PM
1/1/01

TRANSLATION: I don`t want to fight.

12/2/20 2:57 PM
11/30/07

Pricing himself out of the contract. Interesting. 

12/2/20 3:07 PM
8/10/05

I'll do it for 99M.

12/2/20 3:07 PM
9/26/10

some see this as him pricing himself out. 

i see it as him opening a door. 

he is no longer saying I WILL NOT FIGHT AGAIN

12/2/20 3:12 PM
4/21/06

Org would not make it back

12/2/20 3:19 PM
1/1/01

biggest diva in mma

12/2/20 3:52 PM
6/2/04
Ryann Von Doom - 

I read the full transcript and it didn't come across like that. He was saying he has no interest in fighting at this point, and that it seems like the UFC would try to position the winner of Conor vs Dustin as his "last" fight, and he said he has no interest in the fight because he strangled them both already.

It didn't seem like he was asking for a ton of money to take the fight, he was flat out saying there's no reason for him to fight, and if the UFC offered him some crazy amount of $, it would be tough to resist, but he's retired and not thinking about fighting.

Didn't come across like he was saying anything other than "I'm retired."

12/2/20 6:16 PM
1/1/01

Rickson would also fight him for 100 m

12/2/20 6:56 PM
4/11/10

Conor doesn't really want this fight. Now when Diego is right there...

12/2/20 7:08 PM
10/17/13
I get the statement. Let the man retire, he knows UFC won’t pay him that. The UFC didn’t pay Conor that, Boxing did. Khabib had an unreal career, he’s a Champion and a Legend with an undefeated Record.
12/2/20 8:34 PM
1/1/01

"The horse does not run until the donkey wins..."That statement alone puts him at 30-0

12/2/20 8:48 PM
1/1/01

He’ll fight GSP for 25m tho

12/2/20 9:11 PM
1/24/17
multiculturaljoseph -

He’ll fight GSP for 25m tho

yes he will. And I am looking forward to seeing it happen.

12/2/20 9:22 PM
1/30/16
FatBuddha -

biggest diva in mma

Agreed, zero integrity too.

Says he’s retired yet he’s already hinting at coming back.

Says he will never fight Conor yet asking for a ridiculous payout because money talks.

He also wishes death and torment on someone for opposing his religious beliefs.

Great fighter, shitty person.

12/2/20 9:48 PM
2/29/16

Khabib can't draw that many views. Conor is the star.

12/2/20 10:19 PM
6/20/14

YES, Khabib beat Conor the first time.. 

But, Khabib knows that was a half in and out Conor in party mode. Khabib is terrified of that rematch because he knows Conor will come in focused this time and startch him. Its getting embarrassing watching Khabib run from that rematch. 

12/2/20 11:12 PM
4/21/06

Khabib Nurmagomedov might be motivated to fight again but potential rematches against either Conor McGregor or Dustin Poirier will not entice him to return.

On Wednesday, the UFC lightweight champion held a press conference in Russia to announce the launch of his own fight promotion — Eagle Fighting Championships — and he was also asked about possibly returning for another fight.

Nurmagomedov announced his retirement just after submitting Justin Gaethje at UFC 254 but in the weeks since that event ended, UFC president Dana White has said he believes the undefeated champion will return for at least one more fight. White plans to meet with Nurmagomedov in Abu Dhabi in the near future to discuss possible plans for his return.

While it seems possible that he will fight again, Nurmagomedov was quick to shut down a rematch against McGregor or Poirier after he defeated both within the past two years.

12/2/20 11:13 PM
4/21/06

When pressed about the UFC’s interest in the McGregor rematch after their first fight became the highest selling pay-per-view in company history, Nurmagomedov was quick to point out that money has never really been his motivation.

“Yes, only money. There is no sports interest there,” Nurmagomedov said. “I choked both of them, both were champions, both surrendered to me. As our proverb says: a horse doesn’t run until the donkey wins. Donkeys don`t even take part in competitions where horses run. I have no interest in fighting against these opponents.

“Imagine UFC offered you $100 million. This is already a problem. But there is no sports interest there.”

While Nurmagomedov obviously isn’t interested in McGregor or Poirier, he hasn’t completely shut the door on a comeback, but it appears the UFC will have to entice him with something more than money to get the lightweight champion on board for another fight.

12/2/20 11:48 PM
8/31/07

The horse does not run until the donkey wins

12/3/20 1:45 AM
11/30/07
Rickmassmma - 
Ryann Von Doom - 

I read the full transcript and it didn't come across like that. He was saying he has no interest in fighting at this point, and that it seems like the UFC would try to position the winner of Conor vs Dustin as his "last" fight, and he said he has no interest in the fight because he strangled them both already.

It didn't seem like he was asking for a ton of money to take the fight, he was flat out saying there's no reason for him to fight, and if the UFC offered him some crazy amount of $, it would be tough to resist, but he's retired and not thinking about fighting.

Didn't come across like he was saying anything other than "I'm retired."

That's a lot of words for you to end up agreeing with me. He priced himself out of the contract. Reasons are moot as it's what he's done here. 

12/3/20 1:49 AM
5/21/12

He said he’d never fight Conor again even for $1B only a few months ago.

What type of backward negotiation tactic is this?

12/3/20 2:42 AM
4/26/13
savage animal -

The horse does not run until the donkey wins

This is special and forum language worthy, right??!

12/3/20 2:59 AM
6/7/16

It would sell 5 times as many PPV’s as his last fight, but yeah no interest from anyone. 

Edited: 12/3/20 5:55 AM
11/6/19

"Khabib did a press conference where he answered questions about going 30-0, Tony fight, Conor rematch, his meeting with Dana, his recent acquisition of the Eagle Fighting Championship, etc.

Below is a summarized account.

?

About EFC

- Khabib bought and renamed GFC promotion to EFC

- Majority owner and wants to become 100% owner

- Got TV deal with Match TV (the BT Sport of Russia) and sponsorship deals including Kazakhstan and UAE TV.

- Got big plans and wants to make promotion one of the best in the world

- Gonna make investment on new generation and young fighters

- Difference between GFC and EFC is when it comes to fighter's contracts

- Khabib gonna be involved in recruitment and scouting of talent

- Will not compete vs MMA Global. MMA Global is for US market. EFC doesn't have plans for US market. Also MMA Global, gonna be streaming online.

- GFC champions gonna automatically become Champs in new league, only new belt design

- Before in GFC, best didn't fight the best. Khabib will strip people who refuse to defend the belt. Gonna make it fair. Gonna give people who deserve the title shot.

- Khabib not gonna treat people different depending on favoritism

- Not sure about women MMA, maybe.

- EFC gonna have ring girls.

- EFC have no goal to make money at the moment. Goal for now is not to lose money.

- Plans to expand to India, Middle East and former USSR countries in future.

?

About Dana White talks

- Want to make a contract between UFC-fightpass and EFC

- Wanted to make M-1 type of deal to get best fighters to UFC. But will make a deal so that fighters must have a certain number of defenses before coming over to UFC.

- Also want to make a deal that EFC are going to manage the fighter in UFC instead of agent

- Don't want to compete with UFC, but to cooperate and manage fighters who succeed in UFC

- Khabib hasn't met Dana yet. Gonna meet Dana 23 January when Umar and Tagir will fight.

- He will probably offer money. Can't offer good opponent, no one left to fight.

- Conor vs Poirier? I choked both, so what?

- It's only about money, it doesn't interest him from competitive standpoint.

- There's an Avar saying, that the stallion does not compete against donkeys.

- If they offer me a 100 million, then I'll have a problem in front of me (smirk)

- No sporting interest in that fight.

- Several of my guys gonna fight in that tournament, potentially Khabib can meet Conor there. But Khabib says that whatever happens happens.

?

Middle-East Plans

- Gonna open Khabib gym

- Gonna be pro gym and raise pro fighters but also commercial project

- Gonna be a big project one of the main centers for Khabib's gyms.

- Gonna have gyms in Abu-Dhabi, Dubai, Malaysia, Indonesia, former CIS. Khabib gonna visit and have master>

- Gonna co-promote with UAE warriors promotion and EFC- First tournament fight card on January 16th.

?

About title - why Khabib doesn't let go of the title - Can he return?

- Let me enjoy the belt, why you want to strip me? (joking)

- Thinks Dana will strip him after they speak in January.

- Khabib doesn't have plan to return, wants to focus on more serious business.

- Thinks when you say you quit, then you quit. But never say never, you can reevaluate these thing later.- Very few people knew about my retirement.

- Except for money, big challenge might make me return. I still want to fight, when I visit tournaments I get urge to fight.

- Khabib keeps training just like before. Staying in shape. Doing to relieve stress and because he enjoys it. After Gaethje fight didn't train for 2 days.

- USADA will keep testing Khabib for 6 months after Gaethje fight.

About Makhachev- Makhachev just need to be active and fight.- Needs to not think about title, but just stay active and take fights now.

About Tony Ferguson- If Tony wins, we'll see.- Let him win first, his last fight he was destroyed by Gaethje- I lost interest after Gaethje fight.- Let him win first.

?

LW main title contender except Islam

- Poirier, lost to me, but had good performance before me and after me. He has a little higher chance than everyone else.

- Chandler left best years in Bellator. Many wars and took lot of damage. Got KOd by 145-er 2 fights ago, don't think he has a good future in this division.

About Conor- Doesn't think Conor gonna provoke him, since he has his fight with Poirier to worry about- Thought Conor was gonna be tougher mentally in their fight, but understood he broke him when he said "It's just business".

- It's like a son getting a beating from his father and tries to calm him down with excuses so the father won't beat him so hard.

?

Translation credit: ( shoorik1987)"