"Khabib did a press conference where he answered questions about going 30-0, Tony fight, Conor rematch, his meeting with Dana, his recent acquisition of the Eagle Fighting Championship, etc.
Below is a summarized account.
- Khabib bought and renamed GFC promotion to EFC
- Majority owner and wants to become 100% owner
- Got TV deal with Match TV (the BT Sport of Russia) and sponsorship deals including Kazakhstan and UAE TV.
- Got big plans and wants to make promotion one of the best in the world
- Gonna make investment on new generation and young fighters
- Difference between GFC and EFC is when it comes to fighter's contracts
- Khabib gonna be involved in recruitment and scouting of talent
- Will not compete vs MMA Global. MMA Global is for US market. EFC doesn't have plans for US market. Also MMA Global, gonna be streaming online.
- GFC champions gonna automatically become Champs in new league, only new belt design
- Before in GFC, best didn't fight the best. Khabib will strip people who refuse to defend the belt. Gonna make it fair. Gonna give people who deserve the title shot.
- Khabib not gonna treat people different depending on favoritism
- Not sure about women MMA, maybe.
- EFC gonna have ring girls.
- EFC have no goal to make money at the moment. Goal for now is not to lose money.
- Plans to expand to India, Middle East and former USSR countries in future.
About Dana White talks
- Want to make a contract between UFC-fightpass and EFC
- Wanted to make M-1 type of deal to get best fighters to UFC. But will make a deal so that fighters must have a certain number of defenses before coming over to UFC.
- Also want to make a deal that EFC are going to manage the fighter in UFC instead of agent
- Don't want to compete with UFC, but to cooperate and manage fighters who succeed in UFC
- Khabib hasn't met Dana yet. Gonna meet Dana 23 January when Umar and Tagir will fight.
- He will probably offer money. Can't offer good opponent, no one left to fight.
- Conor vs Poirier? I choked both, so what?
- It's only about money, it doesn't interest him from competitive standpoint.
- There's an Avar saying, that the stallion does not compete against donkeys.
- If they offer me a 100 million, then I'll have a problem in front of me (smirk)
- No sporting interest in that fight.
- Several of my guys gonna fight in that tournament, potentially Khabib can meet Conor there. But Khabib says that whatever happens happens.
- Gonna open Khabib gym
- Gonna be pro gym and raise pro fighters but also commercial project
- Gonna be a big project one of the main centers for Khabib's gyms.
- Gonna have gyms in Abu-Dhabi, Dubai, Malaysia, Indonesia, former CIS. Khabib gonna visit and have master>
- Gonna co-promote with UAE warriors promotion and EFC- First tournament fight card on January 16th.
About title - why Khabib doesn't let go of the title - Can he return?
- Let me enjoy the belt, why you want to strip me? (joking)
- Thinks Dana will strip him after they speak in January.
- Khabib doesn't have plan to return, wants to focus on more serious business.
- Thinks when you say you quit, then you quit. But never say never, you can reevaluate these thing later.- Very few people knew about my retirement.
- Except for money, big challenge might make me return. I still want to fight, when I visit tournaments I get urge to fight.
- Khabib keeps training just like before. Staying in shape. Doing to relieve stress and because he enjoys it. After Gaethje fight didn't train for 2 days.
- USADA will keep testing Khabib for 6 months after Gaethje fight.
About Makhachev- Makhachev just need to be active and fight.- Needs to not think about title, but just stay active and take fights now.
About Tony Ferguson- If Tony wins, we'll see.- Let him win first, his last fight he was destroyed by Gaethje- I lost interest after Gaethje fight.- Let him win first.
LW main title contender except Islam
- Poirier, lost to me, but had good performance before me and after me. He has a little higher chance than everyone else.
- Chandler left best years in Bellator. Many wars and took lot of damage. Got KOd by 145-er 2 fights ago, don't think he has a good future in this division.
About Conor- Doesn't think Conor gonna provoke him, since he has his fight with Poirier to worry about- Thought Conor was gonna be tougher mentally in their fight, but understood he broke him when he said "It's just business".
- It's like a son getting a beating from his father and tries to calm him down with excuses so the father won't beat him so hard.
Translation credit: ( shoorik1987)"