UnderGround Forums Khabib vs Dustin in danger, according to Bisping

5/21/19 6:57 AM
8/3/11

The unification lightweight bout between Habib Nurmagomedov and Dustin Porier at UFC 242 in Abu Dhabi may not take place, along with the event itself.

About this in the next release of his podcast said the former UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping, who said that the organization had serious differences with the host country.

“I look forward to the next fight of Habib. Nobody can win a guy, and he will become a real legend if he resigns without defeat, ”the Briton said. “Never to lose at such a high level is almost unreal. So far there are two of them - John Jones and Habib ”

“The next contender of Habib should be Dustin Porier at UFC 242 in Abu Dhabi, but I heard rumors that the event might not take place due to the fact that the UFC had difficulties with holding the tournament in the UAE. This is a Muslim country, and some things that are part of the UFC are considered unacceptable. As far as I know, the UFC and the host have a serious disagreement about the presence of female fights in the card, as well as about alcohol advertising. It will be annoying if we don’t see this fight in September ”

Recall that the title bout of Habib Nurmagomedov and Dustin Porier, scheduled for September 7, has not yet been officially announced.

5/21/19 8:04 AM
11/23/07

how were these details not brought up before papers were signed?

5/21/19 8:19 AM
5/8/13

Oh well. Move the card, easy fix 

5/21/19 8:23 AM
1/1/01
Khabib fights once a year at most
5/21/19 8:26 AM
6/28/10
Dugs95 -

This. Fuck em.

5/21/19 8:27 AM
6/28/10
Winston Wolf - Khabib fights once a year at most

He came to the UFC in 2012. There has only been 2 years that he only had 1 fight. Where do you get this from?

Edited: 5/21/19 8:47 AM
9/24/12
BrckNoHitBk -

He came to the UFC in 2012. There has only been 2 years that he only had 1 fight. Where do you get this from?

He's had 11 fights in 7 years which works out at 1.5 fights per year 

5/21/19 10:47 AM
9/24/18
Johnzandt - 
BrckNoHitBk -

So the moral of the story is ... he doesn't fight anywhere frequently enough.
5/21/19 12:11 PM
10/17/18
Jones right nostril -
Johnzandt - 
BrckNoHitBk -

He was injured a lot.  He was more active before but he had a phase where he was constantly getting injured.  

5/21/19 3:04 PM
1/1/01

The people in UAE will pay big bucks for western acts such as UFC and WWE.  The money is big enough that most will cater to their demands. WWE had all their women wrestlers wear fully covered outfits when they performed.  

5/21/19 3:12 PM
2/3/10

Do it in iraq for the troops

5/21/19 5:15 PM
1/1/01
Jinton Quackson - 

how were these details not brought up before papers were signed?

Dana fucking up
5/21/19 5:15 PM
7/29/13
stevekt -

The people in UAE will pay big bucks for western acts such as UFC and WWE.  The money is big enough that most will cater to their demands. WWE had all their women wrestlers wear fully covered outfits when they performed.  

You cant do that with competition though. You cant force a girl to wear a rash guard in a fight if she doesnt want to. That could play a huge role in grappling. 

5/21/19 6:53 PM
1/1/01
Gohan blanco - 
Jones right nostril -
Johnzandt - 
BrckNoHitBk -

He was injured a lot.  He was more active before but he had a phase where he was constantly getting injured.  

ok slighly more than once a year .I admit he has a great record. Whens his next fight ?
5/21/19 6:57 PM
1/1/01
MojoSoDope -
stevekt -

You cant do that with competition though. You cant force a girl to wear a rash guard in a fight if she doesnt want to. That could play a huge role in grappling. 

They can keep women off the card entirely to avoid the issue.  

5/21/19 8:25 PM
12/23/02

I say just move the event. 

5/21/19 8:35 PM
8/18/14
touch - 

The unification lightweight bout between Habib Nurmagomedov and Dustin Porier at UFC 242 in Abu Dhabi may not take place, along with the event itself.

About this in the next release of his podcast said the former UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping, who said that the organization had serious differences with the host country.

“I look forward to the next fight of Habib. Nobody can win a guy, and he will become a real legend if he resigns without defeat, ”the Briton said. “Never to lose at such a high level is almost unreal. So far there are two of them - John Jones and Habib ”

“The next contender of Habib should be Dustin Porier at UFC 242 in Abu Dhabi, but I heard rumors that the event might not take place due to the fact that the UFC had difficulties with holding the tournament in the UAE. This is a Muslim country, and some things that are part of the UFC are considered unacceptable. As far as I know, the UFC and the host have a serious disagreement about the presence of female fights in the card, as well as about alcohol advertising. It will be annoying if we don’t see this fight in September ”

Recall that the title bout of Habib Nurmagomedov and Dustin Porier, scheduled for September 7, has not yet been officially announced.

So they are saying fuck no to WMMA and to shitty Proper 12 commercials? This might be the closest the UG/OG and muslims have come to seeing eye-to-eye.
5/21/19 8:48 PM
8/10/18

who need proper twelve adds, and woman with sloppy technic either way ?

5/21/19 9:09 PM
5/22/15
Serious differences such as females fighting on the card, and alcohol advertising?

Are there currently any females contracted to fight in the event? If no, well.. I don't see any dudes bitching about not being on an Invicta card (excluding the queen of swords, Fallon Fox). In no circumstance do females have a fundamental right to be on every fight card because Ronda arm barred soccer mom's before being exposed for knowing Judon't know.

Are they going to be serving alcoholic beverages at the event? No, they will not. How does sponsorship work? I'm certain Modelo would be cool if their sponsorship was extended towards future events where the demographic are more inclined to purchase their products than to advertise in the UAE. Why torment patrons at the gate? Do you really want Muslims to start drinking?

Like it or not, Khabib is the champion. I can respect the terms. The first Gracie academy was in Torrance, CA. There was a challenge made in Denver, CO against all comer's coming on.

TCB
5/21/19 9:09 PM
7/9/07

w00t.  cancelling that trash event would be the smartest thing they have ever done.  

strip the guy who hangs out with war lords and move on.  maybe you will get some integrity back.  maybe.

5/21/19 9:20 PM
10/14/17

Or they could just live like normal people?

5/21/19 9:47 PM
5/22/15
Pride comes before the fall. Represent a state of dignity.
5/21/19 9:55 PM
5/22/15
5/21/19 10:01 PM
3/16/18
BrckNoHitBk -
Dugs95 -

This. Fuck em.

Signed. Move the card and never go back. Done and done. 

5/21/19 10:14 PM
2/8/12
ggh -

who need proper twelve adds, and woman with sloppy technic either way ?

Nemiroff bro...