UnderGround Forums Lets say Matt furey shows up to ufc 1

4 days ago
12/22/18

Does he win it all? He didnt have the best submissions but I don't see anybody stopping his takedowns.....

4 days ago
8/19/03

Takedowns, cardio, Farmer Burns.

Game over.

4 days ago
12/22/18

I think his gung fu would provide adequate standup

4 days ago
3/6/07

No. 

ken beats him. 

Gerard kills him. 

3 days ago
12/22/18
jkd4200 -

No. 

ken beats him. 

Gerard kills him. 

He definitely beats Jimmerson. I don't think Royce could handle his wrestling.

3 days ago
4/5/10

Blake Bowman would win UFC 1-5

3 days ago
12/22/18
Terry Tendleton -

Blake Bowman would win UFC 1-5

I respect your opinion but you are wrong. And probably 12.

3 days ago
5/10/04

Ken takes home his leg.

Royce chokes him out.
3 days ago
6/5/14

Ha ha ha!

ha ha ha ha ha!

ha!

ha!

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

3 days ago
1/1/01

Good one

3 days ago
9/27/15

I'd be more curious how prime Dan Gable would have done had he entered Mma

3 days ago
2/17/03
ons ear - I'd be more curious how prime Dan Gable would have done had he entered Mma

Gable was far past competition years by 1992--his body was broke down. He won his gold medal in 1972. But, we got to see Kenny Monday, Kevin Jackson, and Mark Schultz compete during the early years.
3 days ago
12/22/18

Gable for furey would have been epic.

3 days ago
8/15/07

Ghost of Farm Burns would guide him to victory.

3 days ago
2/5/20

Chris Farley down by the river?

3 days ago
1/1/01

It would have been interesting to see Haku/Meng in UFC 1.  He would have been 34.

3 days ago
1/1/01
Bukabuki -
jkd4200 -

No. 

ken beats him. 

Gerard kills him. 

Royce submitted Dan Severn who was larger than Furey and had a better wrestling pedigree.  Severn was a national champ and olympic alternate, being seeded up there with Olympic medalists. 

Furey was a Div 2 wrestler.  

Shamrock had far better submissions thatn Furey ever had.  One of Shamrocks students (Joe Hurley)  rolled with Furey at a smeinar and it got reported on here.   Hurley was significantly smaller and reportedly handled Furey pretty easily.  

3 days ago
1/1/01

Remember when Dave Beneteau beat Carlao Baretto in ripped up old pants in a huge upset at the time, then pulled out and openly called it a "business decision"?

Same thing happens with Furey. Win or lose he fights once and withdraws, claims injury or more likely is told by the ghost of Farmer Burns that he murders his next opponent forcing him to bow out and produce a 10 tape VHS series.

3 days ago
1/1/01
Skpotamus -
Bukabuki -
jkd4200 -

No. 

ken beats him. 

Gerard kills him. 

Royce submitted Dan Severn who was larger than Furey and had a better wrestling pedigree.  Severn was a national champ and olympic alternate, being seeded up there with Olympic medalists. 

Furey was a Div 2 wrestler.  

Shamrock had far better submissions thatn Furey ever had.  One of Shamrocks students (Joe Hurley)  rolled with Furey at a smeinar and it got reported on here.   Hurley was significantly smaller and reportedly handled Furey pretty easily.  

Furey was  div 1 at Iowa before transferring to edinboro. At the time of the inaugural ufc furey had no finishing holds or stand up. Ken and gordeau would have ate him up, as would have Royce. Rosier would have probably knocked his head off. BTW, I realize this is a troll, but furey wasn't a pushover though and my hat goes off to him for making a living doing something he loves, not many of us get that blessing. I also suspect he's legitimately as mad as a hatter 

3 days ago
1/1/01

He claims to be a millionaire from selling all that ridiculously overpriced stuff, some of it is ok, the majority is pure crap though. His G.A.I.N magazine was very good, there's some decent stuff on his farmer burns tape set also

3 days ago
9/20/19
de braco -

He claims to be a millionaire from selling all that ridiculously overpriced stuff, some of it is ok, the majority is pure crap though. His G.A.I.N magazine was very good, there's some decent stuff on his farmer burns tape set also

Maybe in collective revenue over his career. 

3 days ago
1/1/01

You doubt the desirability of Chinese sex secrets?

3 days ago
9/20/19
stevekt -

It would have been interesting to see Haku/Meng in UFC 1.  He would have been 34.

Bad news brown could have won. Olympic Judo bronze with only a few years of training. 

3 days ago
1/1/01
wiggum -
ons ear - I'd be more curious how prime Dan Gable would have done had he entered Mma

Gable was far past competition years by 1992--his body was broke down. He won his gold medal in 1972. But, we got to see Kenny Monday, Kevin Jackson, and Mark Schultz compete during the early years.

Even a prime Gable would have only been fighting at 165 lbs or 170 lbs with no weight cutting.

A prime 72 Gable fighting prime Shamrock, Severn, Royce etc... would not have gone well for him.

Don't think Gable could win fights vs Monday, Jackson, or Schultz either.

With that said I'm a huge Gable fan, he is a complete legend.

3 days ago
1/1/01
BJ Penn Forever -
wiggum -

Even a prime Gable would have only been fighting at 165 lbs or 170 lbs with no weight cutting.

A prime 72 Gable fighting prime Shamrock, Severn, Royce etc... would not have gone well for him.

Don't think Gable could win fights vs Monday, Jackson, or Schultz either.

With that said I'm a huge Gable fan, he is a complete legend.

Gable could be there dad stop