UnderGround Forums Lets say Matt furey shows up to ufc 1

Edited: 12 days ago
1/1/01
Winston Wolf -
BJ Penn Forever -
wiggum -
ons ear - I'd be more curious how prime Dan Gable would have done had he entered Mma

Gable was far past competition years by 1992--his body was broke down. He won his gold medal in 1972. But, we got to see Kenny Monday, Kevin Jackson, and Mark Schultz compete during the early years.

Even a prime Gable would have only been fighting at 165 lbs or 170 lbs with no weight cutting.

A prime 72 Gable fighting prime Shamrock, Severn, Royce etc... would not have gone well for him.

Don't think Gable could win fights vs Monday, Jackson, or Schultz either.

With that said I'm a huge Gable fan, he is a complete legend.

Gable could be there dad stop

I know I'm just saying to ons ear, in a fantasy scenario with prime so and so vs prime so and so where time does not exist, Gable would have been undersized.

12 days ago
5/10/04
de braco - 
Skpotamus -
Bukabuki -
jkd4200 -

No. 

ken beats him. 

Gerard kills him. 

He definitely beats Jimmerson. I don't think Royce could handle his wrestling.

Royce submitted Dan Severn who was larger than Furey and had a better wrestling pedigree.  Severn was a national champ and olympic alternate, being seeded up there with Olympic medalists. 

Furey was a Div 2 wrestler.  

Shamrock had far better submissions thatn Furey ever had.  One of Shamrocks students (Joe Hurley)  rolled with Furey at a smeinar and it got reported on here.   Hurley was significantly smaller and reportedly handled Furey pretty easily.  

Furey was  div 1 at Iowa before transferring to edinboro. At the time of the inaugural ufc furey had no finishing holds or stand up. Ken and gordeau would have ate him up, as would have Royce. Rosier would have probably knocked his head off. BTW, I realize this is a troll, but furey wasn't a pushover though and my hat goes off to him for making a living doing something he loves, not many of us get that blessing. I also suspect he's legitimately as mad as a hatter 

Truth.
11 days ago
4/27/18

Dan the Wolfman would have chain punched Royce in the shadow realm 

11 days ago
5/10/04
Wee Tod Did - 

Dan the Wolfman would have chain punched Royce in the shadow realm 

Like a straight blast?
11 days ago
1/1/01
HillboFrateTrane -
stevekt -

It would have been interesting to see Haku/Meng in UFC 1.  He would have been 34.

Bad news brown could have won. Olympic Judo bronze with only a few years of training. 

He would have been 50 years old at UFC1.

11 days ago
12/22/18
stevekt -
HillboFrateTrane -
stevekt -

It would have been interesting to see Haku/Meng in UFC 1.  He would have been 34.

Bad news brown could have won. Olympic Judo bronze with only a few years of training. 

He would have been 50 years old at UFC1.

So?

11 days ago
12/22/18
de braco -
Skpotamus -
Bukabuki -
jkd4200 -

No. 

ken beats him. 

Gerard kills him. 

He definitely beats Jimmerson. I don't think Royce could handle his wrestling.

Royce submitted Dan Severn who was larger than Furey and had a better wrestling pedigree.  Severn was a national champ and olympic alternate, being seeded up there with Olympic medalists. 

Furey was a Div 2 wrestler.  

Shamrock had far better submissions thatn Furey ever had.  One of Shamrocks students (Joe Hurley)  rolled with Furey at a smeinar and it got reported on here.   Hurley was significantly smaller and reportedly handled Furey pretty easily.  

Furey was  div 1 at Iowa before transferring to edinboro. At the time of the inaugural ufc furey had no finishing holds or stand up. Ken and gordeau would have ate him up, as would have Royce. Rosier would have probably knocked his head off. BTW, I realize this is a troll, but furey wasn't a pushover though and my hat goes off to him for making a living doing something he loves, not many of us get that blessing. I also suspect he's legitimately as mad as a hatter 

How is this a troll thread? Shame on you.

8 days ago
1/1/01

Remember when Furry claimed he would destroy everyone in the ADCC with his superior catch wrestling, but didn't enter?

The prince personally invited him to compete the following year and Furry suddenly went quiet.

I recall Chris Brennan had some amusing stories about how Furey punched his way out of a triangle when rolling with a much smaller guy, then literally ran away when asked to spar vale tudo rules.

8 days ago
9/27/15
wiggum - 
ons ear - I'd be more curious how prime Dan Gable would have done had he entered Mma

Gable was far past competition years by 1992--his body was broke down. He won his gold medal in 1972. But, we got to see Kenny Monday, Kevin Jackson, and Mark Schultz compete during the early years.

I know that but I was more saying take a prime Gable and put him into Mma, any decade you want..would he become a Khabib type fighter or would he struggle to take opts don and not take punches well....?