UnderGround Forums Loma shows off kicks. UFC title fight imminent?

Edited: 21 days ago
1/23/06
It's often been speculated that if any boxer could crossover it would be Lomachenko or Bud Crawford due to their wrestling backgrounds, maybe GGG. GGG and Crawford have both ruled out fighting MMA due to not doing well in sparring or wanting to be kicked.

Lomachenko on the other hand -

21 days ago
8/3/11

21 days ago
1/16/12

Those kicks aren’t that impressive at all for someone who’s in the gym all the time. He’s an amazing boxer but in the end you’ll never know how you do in MMA until you fight.

So many fighters who are above excellent in gyms who are mediocre come fight time.

Plus training multiple aspects will take away heavily from his boxing. You can expect him to lose via punches or even win via submission. 

21 days ago
2/17/03
Acidic - 

Those kicks aren’t that impressive at all for someone who’s in the gym all the time. He’s an amazing boxer but in the end you’ll never know how you do in MMA until you fight.

So many fighters who are above excellent in gyms who are mediocre come fight time.

Plus training multiple aspects will take away heavily from his boxing. You can expect him to lose via punches or even win via submission. 

I think they are incredibly impressive considering it was his first ever MT session.
21 days ago
1/30/15
Acidic - 

I disagree. Nothing wrong with those kicks especially when his primary skill is boxing.
21 days ago
8/19/13

If he wanted it, itd be his. He can wrestle too. Literally nothing he can't do.

21 days ago
6/28/10
Acidic -

just shut it

21 days ago
1/22/05
Acidic - 

Jesus christ, stfu.

It was his first ever MT session and they are incredibly impressive considering that. I've seen people train for one or two years in a MT gym and not be able to cycle their kicks like that.
21 days ago
6/17/16

I hope so Lomachenko is a fucking ninja. 

Talk about some superstar matchups that could go down if he could successfully cross over.

That shit would sell some PPVs.

21 days ago
1/16/12

I’ll admit I didn’t know it was his first Muay Thai Session.”if true” then that is impressive. 

21 days ago
7/27/11

Lomachenko is honestly the most impressive athlete I’ve ever seen compete. If that really is his first Muay Thai session, he has ungodly potential. 

Fuck Cejudo, Loma coming for that GOAT Combat sports athlete ASAP.

21 days ago
9/7/16

I can't think of another Boxer now or ever on Loma's level of Boxing skills iq. That can also kick like that. And can wrestle well too. Or at least has shown a compotency of wrestling. It's refreshing and fascinating to see this. I've always wanted to see a Boxer in their prime enter into MMA. 

Edited: 21 days ago
9/19/13

Fucking monster. You can tell that he has god tier fighting genetics. It's not even the fact that he's a world class trained athlete.

21 days ago
9/7/16
Danielmmafan1 -

I can't think of another Boxer now or ever on Loma's level of Boxing skills iq. That can also kick like that. And can wrestle well too. Or at least has shown a compotency of wrestling. It's refreshing and fascinating to see this. I've always wanted to see a Boxer in their prime enter into MMA. 

I have always believed we will see a Fighter in the future. That can win belts in both boxing and MMA at the highest levels. We haven't even scratched the surface yet in my humble opinion.  

21 days ago
3/21/12
Danielmmafan1 - 
Danielmmafan1 -

I have always believed we will see a Fighter in the future. That can win belts in both boxing and MMA at the highest levels. We haven't even scratched the surface yet in my humble opinion.  

If it happens it will be in the heavyweight division
20 days ago
5/15/15
TzTinkle -
Danielmmafan1 - 
Danielmmafan1 -

If it happens it will be in the heavyweight division

To start. At some point though you'll get a freak. Everyone thought it was super Sage but that didnt last long...

In the future there will be somebody with a head of granite and the right skill set to keep it standing. 

Edited: 20 days ago
1/1/01
Not bad.
20 days ago
1/1/01

L8er 

20 days ago
11/14/16
Danielmmafan1 -

This!! There has never been a truly great boxer on top of his game that decides to fight mma. There is just too much money in boxing vs mma. I hope Lomanchenko bucks this trend and goes for it. I would buy it. 

20 days ago
11/14/16

Nice catch Cre, thanks for posting 

20 days ago
4/9/16
Acidic -

Aaaaaaand the "that guy" has been spotted.  I thought the kicks looked perfectly fine.  Buakaw? No, but fine. 

20 days ago
9/17/14

Exactly, you’re not gonna get perfect technique on fifty kicks (or however many he did) unless you’ve been doing it since your childhood. Guy’s a phenomenal boxer. Glad to see someone like him branching out.