UnderGround Forums Longo says McTappers kid will never see him win

Edited: 10 days ago
10/7/18
At 18 mins of the Anik podcast ---> https://soundcloud.com/anikandflorian

Its a good listen.

He also says Connor is acting like a bufoon in front of his son.

I thought talking about kids was off limits but hey you reap what you sow and thats the amount of hate conman will face for years to come.
Edited: 10 days ago
5/5/13

I thought he said that Conor will never win a 5 round fight? If so, i agree with him.

Edit: I mean title fights

10 days ago
10/7/18
Rambla - 

I thought he said that Conor will never win a 5 round fight? If so, i agree with him.

He also said that.
10 days ago
7/24/16

I'm confused. Why does Longo have a problem with Conor?

10 days ago
8/22/03
Pete Gozinya -

Longo is Al Iaquintas coach.

10 days ago
3/5/13
Pete Gozinya -

Besides his fighters beef with him, not everyone admires Conor. 

10 days ago
6/7/18
Lorenthz - 
Pete Gozinya -

Longo is Al Iaquintas coach.

If that isn't enough detail for Gozinya, Conor referred to Iaquinta as a Real-Estate Agent which is true, and I think said he was ranked 10th which is close but I think he was actually ranked 11th so essentially also true.

So in short Longo just being a whiner like everybody else about Conor, and I used to be and still am to some degree, a fan of Longo as a coach. I am a fan of Weidman and even got my son a Weidman T-shirt years ago, but he quit against Moose far more than Conor quit against Khabib. Weidman also talked big-time shit about the Middleweight division months before Rockhold beat the shit out of him. So the glass house thing applies here.

I don't care much for Conor or Khabib at this point, but which is it with Conor? Does he suck, or is at best average like so many are saying while saying out of the other side of their mouth that Khabib is great and unbeatable at LW? You can't have it both ways.
10 days ago
10/7/18
"I don't care much for Conor or Khabib at this point, but which is it with Conor? Does he suck, or is at best average like so many are saying while saying out of the other side of their mouth that Khabib is great and unbeatable at LW? You can't have it both ways."

Pure facts, and money aside, Khabib has a better record statistically (undefeated) and Connor never defended a title.

I think Connor ruined his career by chasing money. Those 2 Nate fights at 170 were almost freak show and he took prob GSPs whole career of damage in those fights. He prob took the same damage again against mayweather. Thats why he looked shot against khabib - simply too many miles. Throw in the boozing and khabib being zero alcohol and never punched barely and its like a 25 yo vs a 50yo.

If connor focussed on wins and legacy he could have been one of the best. His hands were amazing and his ground game isnt terrible and even Khabib said as much. But its kind of mostly down hill for the last 3 year and he will be remembered as sort of parody/caricature of an actual prize fighter.

Yes he is one of the greatest showmen, up there with ali, but look at how many wins Ali would string together over a long career.
10 days ago
1/21/18
heresdavo - At 18 mins of the Anik podcast ---> https://soundcloud.com/anikandflorian

Its a good listen.

I thought talking about kids was off limits but hey you reap what you sow and thats the amount of hate conman will face for years to come.

He didnt talk about his kid, he reminding him and people listening that he has a kid and thats not the way a father and a man should act to set a good example for there kid. He didnt bring up the fact that his son was born with a malfunctioning heart, which is clearly genetics passed down from his yellow bellied dad...that would be shit talking

10 days ago
6/7/18
heresdavo - "I don't care much for Conor or Khabib at this point, but which is it with Conor? Does he suck, or is at best average like so many are saying while saying out of the other side of their mouth that Khabib is great and unbeatable at LW? You can't have it both ways."

Pure facts, and money aside, Khabib has a better record statistically (undefeated) and Connor never defended a title.

I think Connor ruined his career by chasing money. Those 2 Nate fights at 170 were almost freak show and he took prob GSPs whole career of damage in those fights. He prob took the same damage again against mayweather. Thats why he looked shot against khabib - simply too many miles. Throw in the boozing and khabib being zero alcohol and never punched barely and its like a 25 yo vs a 50yo.

If connor focussed on wins and legacy he could have been one of the best. His hands were amazing and his ground game isnt terrible and even Khabib said as much. But its kind of mostly down hill for the last 3 year and he will be remembered as sort of parody/caricature of an actual prize fighter.

Yes he is one of the greatest showmen, up there with ali, but look at how many wins Ali would string together over a long career.

I agree with a lot of what you are saying, and I have always respected what Ali did by giving up 3 years of his prime out of principle. However after having read every Boxing Biography or Autobiography that I could get my hands on growing up, Ali did not think he would actually be out that long.

Anyway back to Conor, he should not get right back in there to be mauled by Khabib for a couple of reasons.

-If he beats a couple of guys like Gaethje, which wouldn't be much of a problem as long as tranes UFC bro, his fanbase will be back on his bandwagon.
-Most importantly in my opinion, let Khabib get comfortable and back to blowing up to over 200lbs between fights because last Saturday is the best Khabib we'll ever see.
10 days ago
4/11/10

Later 

10 days ago
7/30/03

Another fight with Nate is my prediction to be next for him.

And to the previous poster, I can have it both ways. Khabib can be one of the best and Conor can be a level below. In fact I have Conor and Nate at around the same level. Neither are on the level of Ferguson or Khabib imo.

10 days ago
12/10/09
heresdavo - "I don't care much for Conor or Khabib at this point, but which is it with Conor? Does he suck, or is at best average like so many are saying while saying out of the other side of their mouth that Khabib is great and unbeatable at LW? You can't have it both ways."

Why can’t you have it both ways? That makes no sense. Conor can suck (he doesn’t, just overrated) and Khabib still be unbeatable (he’s not, just very very good).

10 days ago
12/10/09
Calhoon -

Another fight with Nate is my prediction to be next for him.

And to the previous poster, I can have it both ways. Khabib can be one of the best and Conor can be a level below. In fact I have Conor and Nate at around the same level. Neither are on the level of Ferguson or Khabib imo.

Exactly right. Conor is about as good as Nate, which has never been top of the food chain. The should both go into the Hall of Pretty Good. 

10 days ago
7/27/04
Alonzo_Harris_Monte_Carlo_1979 -
heresdavo - "I don't care much for Conor or Khabib at this point, but which is it with Conor? Does he suck, or is at best average like so many are saying while saying out of the other side of their mouth that Khabib is great and unbeatable at LW? You can't have it both ways."

I agree with a lot of what you are saying, and I have always respected what Ali did by giving up 3 years of his prime out of principle. However after having read every Boxing Biography or Autobiography that I could get my hands on growing up, Ali did not think he would actually be out that long.

Anyway back to Conor, he should not get right back in there to be mauled by Khabib for a couple of reasons.

-If he beats a couple of guys like Gaethje, which wouldn't be much of a problem as long as tranes UFC bro, his fanbase will be back on his bandwagon.
-Most importantly in my opinion, let Khabib get comfortable and back to blowing up to over 200lbs between fights because last Saturday is the best Khabib we'll ever see.

Well Ali was a racist that was down with the KKK and think black women who sleep with white men should be killed and he also hates Jews.

10 days ago
7/27/11
RightHandOfDOOM -
heresdavo - At 18 mins of the Anik podcast ---> https://soundcloud.com/anikandflorian

Its a good listen.

He didnt talk about his kid, he reminding him and people listening that he has a kid and thats not the way a father and a man should act to set a good example for there kid. He didnt bring up the fact that his son was born with a malfunctioning heart, which is clearly genetics passed down from his yellow bellied dad...that would be shit talking

Is that true???

10 days ago
11/19/06

Lost a lot of stripes with Longo and team after Chris Weidman got in bed with that Chechen war lord. Complete disgrace.

10 days ago
11/19/06
RightHandOfDOOM -

Its a good listen.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

10 days ago
7/27/11
heresdavo - "I don't care much for Conor or Khabib at this point, but which is it with Conor? Does he suck, or is at best average like so many are saying while saying out of the other side of their mouth that Khabib is great and unbeatable at LW? You can't have it both ways."

this post makes more sense than anything I've read on the UG for the past few days. 

I can't agree more. Conor sold himself to the devil for quick and ridiculous paydays all the while putting his health and career at risk. He should have never moved up to 155, or at least vacated the belt after he starched Eddie and remained a career featherweight.

The Mayweather fight is just such a joke imo, and I'm a massive Conor fan. He should be remembered for his insane athleticism and supreme capability as a mixed martial artist. Not as a clown money hungry goofball who gets treated like the piñata of combat sports.

10 days ago
11/19/06

Its a good listen.

HAHA..  What was your previous SN?

10 days ago
3/29/09
Is Longo ill? Dude looks terrible.
10 days ago
11/19/06

Lingo should focus on his team. They haven’t exactly been killin it lately.

10 days ago
10/26/05
I like Longo...always enjoy him on Anik and Florian. But he lost me there. I get he's allied with some fighters and managers from the region and is Iaquinta's coach, but that was weird.
10 days ago
6/18/16

The crying of Conor fanboys continues.  What a beautiful week ladies.

10 days ago
9/27/15
I don't think Conor cares about what Longo thinks..Conor by acting like a raving bufoon has earned 100s of millions of dollars, thus providing his son a very nice upbringing..Longos camp could learn a bit from Conor at selling themselves