UnderGround Forums Luke Rockhold sparring (vid)

6 days ago
10/14/17

6 days ago
10/24/14

Who’s the black guy 

Edited: 6 days ago
11/27/02
Rockholds focus and over valuation of his stand up will continue to be his demise at LHW. He should focus on his kicks only and dragging guys to the mat.

Edited to say that is a good clip.
6 days ago
3/4/12

unless hes sparring with his hog out I dont care

6 days ago
2/4/15

In for hog video

2/6/15

Man, Hooft got those guys sparring hard. I have seen a few videos from there of dudes duking it out. I think I recall michael johnson and usman ? 

Edit: the guy he is sparring with seems to be Jason Jackson judging from the caption and appearance .

6 days ago
12/7/18

Rockhold looking really sharp, and really good. Nice to see. I wonder who he will be fighting at 205? Who can he make his LHW debut against? Who's even available right now?

6 days ago
9/20/13
stringtheory -

Who’s the black guy 

Jason Jackson like it says on the tag. He was on the TUF season ATT vs. Blackzilians

6 days ago
5/18/12
ConorWinsTheRematch -

Rockhold looking really sharp, and really good. Nice to see. I wonder who he will be fighting at 205? Who can he make his LHW debut against? Who's even available right now?

He was eh, over a year ago, before the Branch fight. Which is when this footage is from.

6 days ago
7/27/11

And he wonders why his chin is shot...

Not intelligent at all.

6 days ago
1/23/06
Dat boi burly..
6 days ago
10/9/10

Whether it’s old or new, he still had his hands down. He looked uncomfortable in the pocket, but that’s never been his game. Hopefully he finally fixes these things. 

6 days ago
8/10/05
Bisping KOd him. I have to think he won't fare well when hit by naturally heavier punchers in LHW, unless perhaps he was killing himself to make MW and that depleted his ability to take a punch.
6 days ago
12/6/11

Rockhold is looling tight, solid, and thick!  He needs to stop with putting his hands down though.  That's how he gets caught

6 days ago
3/16/18

With all we know now about brain injuries etc why are guys still sparing like that?  Guys like Cerrone and El CaCooey?  Haven’t spared in years like that. 

Any fighters can weigh in?   Have you seen gyms back away from the heavy sparing or is it business as usual?

6 days ago
1/1/01

what’s the other guys deal he looks legit

10/9/10

Ministry of Truth - Bisping KOd him. I have to think he won't fare well when hit by naturally heavier punchers in LHW, unless perhaps he was killing himself to make MW and that depleted his ability to take a punch.

I think he was depleting himself. That dude is ducking HUGE. He told Luke that his weight is 217 when he’s “fat” but idk if I believe that. To me it doesn’t look like he’s cutting 20 pounds, it looks like he’s cutting more. 

I also think we should give Bisping some credit here, it was a well timed and powerful shot. I think the timing and accuracy alone would have at least wobbled most guys. The Romero KO was... well it’s fucking Romero. He’s a freak of nature and has insane power. 

I think his chin will hold up at LHW, but we will have to wait and see. 

Edit: I meant he told Luke Thomas about his weight on the MMA Hour, forgot they are both Lukes lol.

6 days ago
8/10/05
MasterofMartialArts - 

Ministry of Truth - Bisping KOd him. I have to think he won't fare well when hit by naturally heavier punchers in LHW, unless perhaps he was killing himself to make MW and that depleted his ability to take a punch.

I think he was depleting himself. That dude is ducking HUGE. He told Luke that his weight is 217 when he’s “fat” but idk if I believe that. To me it doesn’t look like he’s cutting 20 pounds, it looks like he’s cutting more. 

I also think we should give Bisping some credit here, it was a well timed and powerful shot. I think the timing and accuracy alone would have at least wobbled most guys. The Romero KO was... well it’s fucking Romero. He’s a freak of nature and has insane power. 

I think his chin will hold up at LHW, but we will have to wait and see. 

Edit: I meant he told Luke Thomas about his weight on the MMA Hour, forgot they are both Lukes lol.

Could be. I guess we will have to wait and see.
4 days ago
10/14/17
Suicidalforlife -
ConorWinsTheRematch -

He was eh, over a year ago, before the Branch fight. Which is when this footage is from.

Huh? This was posted on Luke’s IG 1 day ago buddy 

4 days ago
9/27/15
supersonic - Rockholds focus and over valuation of his stand up will continue to be his demise at LHW. He should focus on his kicks only and dragging guys to the mat.

Edited to say that is a good clip.

This..Rockhold is not a good striker..he's average offensively but his defense is terrible..no head movement, his chin up and hands down..wtf..he is sparring a much smaller guy in this video too..If Luke tries to strike with OSP or Reyes, good night..Luke's getting slept..

Luke needs to focus on his takedowns and make every fight a grappling one
4 days ago
1/10/13

Luke's chin is not the problem. He NEVER has his hands up defensively, he stands up straight like a statue and he can't box at all. His punches are horrible. He's never learned to properly box or even to throw basic punches. Romero switching him off wasn't because of his chin. Against guys tbat strong with little gloves, you can,'t be taking shots like that. Luke doesn't seem to understand his own weaknesses. He might be too arrogant to accept that he has MAJOR flaws in his game.

4 days ago
8/20/15

I think Rockhold looks like a beast at 205. Guys like Chiesa, Pettis, and others moving back up to a more natural weight look great. Nunez looked great going up, Cormier as well. It just makes sense performance wise. Alot of people have been trained to think 10 -15 pounds is insurmountable, and it isn't. Healthy, focused and feeling good without a terrible weight cut with the proper skills is the answer. We've seen it, a new age of MMA is coming. Weight cuts will be the past other than small cuts that don't effect performance. Rockhold may be the guy to challenge Jones. A focused Rockhold is dangerous and good. Cocky Rockhold is bad. Bisping showed that. Rockhold beats Bisping most of the time, he just looked at it as a gimme.

4 days ago
8/22/14

They should both be in the corner doing 1000 push ups for leading with leg kicks .

4 days ago
9/9/14
Uhtred Ragnarson - 

And he wonders why his chin is shot...

Not intelligent at all.

for real if luke likes that kind of sparring 100% he’d love ATT .

fukkin cavemen bro all that shit shortens your career but hey you’ll be tough as fukk.
4 days ago
1/1/01
Continuing to get sucked into brawls with his hands down... you'd think losing his belt to Bisping and getting knocked into clinically dead status by Romero woulda made him rethink his strategy.

Henri Hooft is a great coach, but Rockhold needs to get away from the Dutch kickboxing mentality.