UnderGround Forums Luke Thomas finished

6/25/19 4:27 AM
2/8/12

what is his new project?  with Danny

6/25/19 4:50 AM
5/30/19

Smug and patronising asshole. Luke Thomas can spin it whatever way he likes. In reality, he was the main guy at mmafighting, he was given a lot of responsibility when Ariel left and he flamed out after about a year. 

6/25/19 6:12 AM
7/7/12
MasterofMartialArts -
CRE -
MasterofMartialArts - 
CRE -
Outlaw’d by Lytle - 

Luke ‘Smug Egotistical Cock Snorter’ Thomas blocked me from Twitter, next week he throws shade on Chael, next week he’s sacked. 

Karma is indeed a bitch. 

Didn’t know he’d blocked CRE, which is an unforgivable and punishable act. Hard to feel sorry for the guy. 

That aside, I don’t rejoice in a Father losing their income. If he would just tone down his ‘I’m superior to everyone’ bullshit he’d offer a lot to the MMA media contingent. 

I’d be willing to consider his return to our community if he publically begged CRE for forgiveness. 

I'm not glad a Father lost his income either. Not sure Luke Thomas is owed any modicum of decency that he hasn't shown the fans or fighters through the years though.

I hear people say things like this all of the time. Where exactly is he lacking in decency? 

The way he blocks people and shuts them out of the discussion is disgraceful.

That’s not lacking in decency dude. That’s just Twitter. Decency has nothing to do with that at all.... at least for me. My standards for human beings are how they treat people in real life. Nothing he has said has indicated to me that he’s not a decent person. 

I’m not saying he’s amazing either because I really don’t know. But there’s no evidence to suggest he’s not a good person so I’m not going to degrade his character. 

This whole thing is just weird to me. All I see is people taking the most microscopic shit and magnifying into something much bigger so it fits their agenda. None of us really know Luke, so it’s strange that so many people here are putting a lot of time into criticizing him. 

Look at this thread. We have a bunch of people on the UG basically celebrating that a guy just lost his job. To me, people who put this much energy into pure negativity are projecting their own problems onto the world. 

I hear everyone talking about “karma”, yet here I see nothing but negative comments about another person. It’s just disingenuous.  

thread is full of salty nerds who got verbally bitchslapped by LT and are in their feelings about it

6/25/19 7:29 AM
11/10/18
MasterofMartialArts -
x9uv -
cuttooth -

MMAFighting's staff roster got raped by ESPN and The Athletic. Thomas has said for a good while he made the majority of his income from his youtube channel and SiriusXM. MMAFighting has not been a major traffic destination since Helwani left.

I hope Esther Lin and Casey Leydon find another outlet that will use them as they're the best photo/videographers in the industry.

Luke blocks anyone that disagrees with him or points out his retarded left wing social justice grandstanding policital viewpoint. Same goes for that fucking retard Chad Dundas, most of the people working at bloody elbow, and many  more of the so called 'MMA journalists.' 

Most of them are just like the rest of the liberal media. Frothing at the mouth about trump, completely mired in an alternative reality, and they all think they know better than everyone else. 

Safe to say I've also been blocked by that giant hypocritical turd and a bunch of them for occasionally and, fairly playfully in my opinion, pointing out a few of their blind spots. 

I have no idea what's happened but if it means less Luke Thomas I'm on board, I stopped watching any of his crap years ago

You just made Luke’s efforts of blocking people make much more sense with your post... and made it obvious as to why you were blocked. 

I’m pretty sure he blocks people who insert super negative, political or troll-like comments on his posts. Like yours.  

Because those are the reasons why people get blocked. 

These guys should let all comments stand or disable comments all together. They look pathetic when they try to moderate the discussion. They’re all thin skinned dorks. 

6/25/19 8:05 AM
4/8/07
Gennady Goblin -
Right Hand JO Power -

I've always appreciated the content that Luke has put out over the years.   Some of you really come off as miserable cunts.  Today we lost free content that you did not have to tune in for if you did not like Luke.. The MMA Beat brought me a weekly hour of mma related content I enjoyed and it will be missed. 

That's exactly why he's gone. Nobody was tuning into his "free content that you did not have to tune in for". If they did, he wouldn't be gone. This is the free market at work. If he wasn't a shit stain, he'd be announcing his renewed deal right now instead of his dismissal.

The last episode of MMA Beat has 53k views,  his show yesterday has 64k views. 

Ariel's MMA Hour from yesterday has 71k views,  so Luke's show from yesterday had 7k less views than Ariel, which doesn't seem bad to me.

6/25/19 8:18 AM
1/24/16

A lot of crybabies on here. Luke Thomas is a little annoying at times but I still like his content. Its hard to go your own way in this world and Luke definitely does that so I respect him for that.

He is definitely not a bad person, to whish harm on someone like that just shows how depressed and lonely some of the people on here are.

6/25/19 8:48 AM
4/2/11

Gonna miss the mma beat.  That show usually got me hyped for the weekend fights. :( 

6/25/19 9:02 AM
10/28/16
Rambo John J - 
Helluvah Guy - 
starboy -
fade2007 - 
CRE - I like how Luke felt the need to block someone in regards to his right to misrepresent the entire sport of "MMA" with a quote said by an individual.

I like how you keep bringing it up as if it matters that some random person was blocked...

i like how u keep tryn to act like cre is random

I like how you cup the balls

Image result for wrestlere strokes shaft gif

i fell out laughing when this gif popped up in that movie 'vice' about dick cheney
6/25/19 9:32 AM
1/1/01
Right Hand JO Power -
Gennady Goblin -
Right Hand JO Power -

I've always appreciated the content that Luke has put out over the years.   Some of you really come off as miserable cunts.  Today we lost free content that you did not have to tune in for if you did not like Luke.. The MMA Beat brought me a weekly hour of mma related content I enjoyed and it will be missed. 

That's exactly why he's gone. Nobody was tuning into his "free content that you did not have to tune in for". If they did, he wouldn't be gone. This is the free market at work. If he wasn't a shit stain, he'd be announcing his renewed deal right now instead of his dismissal.

Ariel's MMA Hour from yesterday has 71k views,  so Luke's show from yesterday had 7k less views than Ariel, which doesn't seem bad to me.

To be fair the MMA Beat was always trash IMO. Any time I gave it a chance anyway...

6/25/19 9:57 AM
1/23/06
dinkledorf - 

A lot of crybabies on here. Luke Thomas is a little annoying at times but I still like his content. Its hard to go your own way in this world and Luke definitely does that so I respect him for that.

He is definitely not a bad person, to whish harm on someone like that just shows how depressed and lonely some of the people on here are.

Edited: 6/25/19 10:42 AM
8/31/07

ttt for info on what next in the podcast/free content space from Luke and Danny.

Looking back, MMA Hour was my longest and most faithful podcast habit, I'm guessing almost a decade long run!?!

As I recall, was on "aol Fanhouse" or something like that before mmafighting.com.

Really grew from there, interesting to read the download numbers above. I listen via Google Podcasts,wonder what the aggregate downloads are for each across all major platforms (not just iTunes , YouTube). 

MMA Beat was, bar none, my favorite sports podcast/news show, hell my only  that habit of that sort, sorely going to be missed. Any recommendations of something similar?

I will pay for the Athletic if they produce a panel show, Chuck and Jeff I miss most, now Luke and Danny as well. 

CME probably my all around favorite MMA show, for it's depth plus comedic take, so I give $1/month to help make sure it doesn't die with my measly $12/yr feel-good contribution.

JRE was the gateway drug. 

End of an era. Look fwd to what's next.

6/25/19 10:51 AM
10/9/10
Eskimo -
MasterofMartialArts -
x9uv -
cuttooth -

MMAFighting's staff roster got raped by ESPN and The Athletic. Thomas has said for a good while he made the majority of his income from his youtube channel and SiriusXM. MMAFighting has not been a major traffic destination since Helwani left.

I hope Esther Lin and Casey Leydon find another outlet that will use them as they're the best photo/videographers in the industry.

Luke blocks anyone that disagrees with him or points out his retarded left wing social justice grandstanding policital viewpoint. Same goes for that fucking retard Chad Dundas, most of the people working at bloody elbow, and many  more of the so called 'MMA journalists.' 

Most of them are just like the rest of the liberal media. Frothing at the mouth about trump, completely mired in an alternative reality, and they all think they know better than everyone else. 

Safe to say I've also been blocked by that giant hypocritical turd and a bunch of them for occasionally and, fairly playfully in my opinion, pointing out a few of their blind spots. 

I have no idea what's happened but if it means less Luke Thomas I'm on board, I stopped watching any of his crap years ago

You just made Luke’s efforts of blocking people make much more sense with your post... and made it obvious as to why you were blocked. 

I’m pretty sure he blocks people who insert super negative, political or troll-like comments on his posts. Like yours.  

Because those are the reasons why people get blocked. 

These guys should let all comments stand or disable comments all together. They look pathetic when they try to moderate the discussion. They’re all thin skinned dorks. 

Yeah I mean it’s pretty stupid to block somebody for no reason or delete a bunch of them, even more so just a waste of time. But that’s his decision. It doesn’t bother me.

6/25/19 11:30 AM
10/9/10
savage animal -

ttt for info on what next in the podcast/free content space from Luke and Danny.

Looking back, MMA Hour was my longest and most faithful podcast habit, I'm guessing almost a decade long run!?!

As I recall, was on "aol Fanhouse" or something like that before mmafighting.com.

Really grew from there, interesting to read the download numbers above. I listen via Google Podcasts,wonder what the aggregate downloads are for each across all major platforms (not just iTunes , YouTube). 

MMA Beat was, bar none, my favorite sports podcast/news show, hell my only  that habit of that sort, sorely going to be missed. Any recommendations of something similar?

I will pay for the Athletic if they produce a panel show, Chuck and Jeff I miss most, now Luke and Danny as well. 

CME probably my all around favorite MMA show, for it's depth plus comedic take, so I give $1/month to help make sure it doesn't die with my measly $12/yr feel-good contribution.

JRE was the gateway drug. 

End of an era. Look fwd to what's next.

Both great shows, I don’t know of any similar ones. I didn’t know about MMA Beat until a couple of years ago. I haven’t missed an episode of MMA hour in years. 

What is CME? The shows I’m aware of are Ariel, Eurobash, MMA Fighting Live Chat, and all of the Bloody Elbow shows. Some others I can’t think of. 

But none are even close to Hour or Beat. 

6/25/19 11:37 AM
10/9/10

LT kept saying there was news coming “very soon”. He hasn’t announced anything on Twitter, and I didn’t hear anything on his XM show. I guess we’ll see. 

6/25/19 11:39 AM
8/31/07

CME is the Comain Event Podcast by Chad Dundas and Ben Fowlkes, both now of the Athletic, but they've written for ESPN, USA Today/Bloody Elbow, MMA Junkie, MMA Fighting, Bleacher Report only an hour, mixes humor with the week's MMA goings on, give it a shot.

Thanks for the tip on Bloody Elbow having podcasts, will seek em out

6/25/19 11:59 AM
8/31/12

Luke projects self hatred. Hopefully it works out for him.

6/25/19 12:07 PM
1/26/08
MasterofMartialArts -

LT kept saying there was news coming “very soon”. He hasn’t announced anything on Twitter, and I didn’t hear anything on his XM show. I guess we’ll see. 

My guess is ESPN as they are building that team up now and he obviously has connections to get in there.

6/25/19 12:31 PM
10/9/10
savage animal -

CME is the Comain Event Podcast by Chad Dundas and Ben Fowlkes, both now of the Athletic, but they've written for ESPN, USA Today/Bloody Elbow, MMA Junkie, MMA Fighting, Bleacher Report only an hour, mixes humor with the week's MMA goings on, give it a shot.

Thanks for the tip on Bloody Elbow having podcasts, will seek em out

Cool man thanks, I’ll check that out. Those guys have been around forever but I didn’t know they had a podcast. 

Pro tip: Bloody Elbow has ALOT of shows, my advice is to check out their YouTube page to see what you like. Zane Simon and Eddie Mercado usually do the 6th round post-event shows and they post them maybe a few hours after an event ends. 

Of course those BE shows aren’t as high quality or professional, but I see it as some hardcore MMA fans talking about the sport. 

6/25/19 12:41 PM
4/16/13
Right Hand JO Power -
Gennady Goblin -
Right Hand JO Power -

You gotta compare the MMA Beat numbers that Ariel used to get to Luke's. Ariel was pulling 100k viewers consistently in the last year or so on the MMA Beat. Luke's numbers have been steadily dropping since Ariel left. It was already down almost 50% in viewership and had probably not even bottomed out yet.

They fired him because he was losing viewers hand over fist.

6/25/19 1:18 PM
4/8/07

I wouldn't call those numbers just Ariel's.   Luke was there since the first episode.   Also,  since that began,  MMA news has changed a lot with the UFC growing their in house reporting and now with ESPN covering MMA, it's shrinking the need for and the traffic to the independent sites.

6/25/19 1:20 PM
12/29/18

This is honestly kinda sad. I enjoyed the MMA beat / hour and it all ended so quickly. I understand the hate Luke gets, he can have a bit of an arrogance and bully mentality but overall he's good. He speaks about issues and says things that other journalists don't say. I'll miss the shows and hope his next move is something exciting 

Edited: 6/25/19 1:25 PM
4/8/07

Also,  claiming Luke was fired is dumb.   Nobody knows what went on,  but what we do know is the dude had a grueling schedule for the last year,  the majority of his colleagues have already left MMAfighting, he recently had a kid which would make the schedule even worse,  and he has other revenue streams.   For the last few months,  people have been wondering how long until Luke would quit,  now he quits and people are saying he got fired over a blown out of proportion comment about Chael.  If they were going to fire him over a fighter not liking him,  they would have done that for Jon Jones a long time ago.

6/25/19 1:45 PM
2/14/11
Right Hand JO Power -

Also,  claiming Luke was fired is dumb.   Nobody knows what went on,  but what we do know is the dude had a grueling schedule for the last year,  the majority of his colleagues have already left MMAfighting, he recently had a kid which would make the schedule even worse,  and he has other revenue streams.   For the last few months,  people have been wondering how long until Luke would quit,  now he quits and people are saying he got fired over a blown out of proportion comment about Chael.  If they were going to fire him over a fighter not liking him,  they would have done that for Jon Jones a long time ago.

Listen Luke, the gigs up, time to move on, Son.

6/25/19 2:01 PM
6/5/05
CME is the truth
6/25/19 2:04 PM
10/9/10
Right Hand JO Power -

I wouldn't call those numbers just Ariel's.   Luke was there since the first episode.   Also,  since that began,  MMA news has changed a lot with the UFC growing their in house reporting and now with ESPN covering MMA, it's shrinking the need for and the traffic to the independent sites.

This. Plus Ariel is just more popular in general, he’s more about storylines and personalities. Luke is way more serious and analytical. Significantly different styles. 

I cant say how many times I’ve read on YouTube comments during the MMAnalyst shit like “this is boring, going to Ariel’s show now”. It’s like cool man if that’s what you like, then watch it instead. It’s not good or bad, it’s just different. Ariel probably gets way more casual MMA viewers than hardcores.

It’s just crazy how many people go out of their way to shit on somebody.