UnderGround Forums Luke Thomas finished

6/25/19 2:05 PM
10/9/10
If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much -
MasterofMartialArts -

LT kept saying there was news coming “very soon”. He hasn’t announced anything on Twitter, and I didn’t hear anything on his XM show. I guess we’ll see. 

My guess is ESPN as they are building that team up now and he obviously has connections to get in there.

Is that a rumor? 

6/25/19 2:06 PM
10/9/10
Right Hand JO Power -

Also,  claiming Luke was fired is dumb.   Nobody knows what went on,  but what we do know is the dude had a grueling schedule for the last year,  the majority of his colleagues have already left MMAfighting, he recently had a kid which would make the schedule even worse,  and he has other revenue streams.   For the last few months,  people have been wondering how long until Luke would quit,  now he quits and people are saying he got fired over a blown out of proportion comment about Chael.  If they were going to fire him over a fighter not liking him,  they would have done that for Jon Jones a long time ago.

This. I have no idea how he did that for so long, especially after hearing him talk about his sprint from DC to New York then having his baby. 

Honestly I would have quit before the baby came. Good on him for keeping his end of the bargain lol. 

6/25/19 3:45 PM
6/5/12
MasterofMartialArts -
x9uv -
MasterofMartialArts -
x9uv -
cuttooth -

MMAFighting's staff roster got raped by ESPN and The Athletic. Thomas has said for a good while he made the majority of his income from his youtube channel and SiriusXM. MMAFighting has not been a major traffic destination since Helwani left.

I hope Esther Lin and Casey Leydon find another outlet that will use them as they're the best photo/videographers in the industry.

Luke blocks anyone that disagrees with him or points out his retarded left wing social justice grandstanding policital viewpoint. Same goes for that fucking retard Chad Dundas, most of the people working at bloody elbow, and many  more of the so called 'MMA journalists.' 

Most of them are just like the rest of the liberal media. Frothing at the mouth about trump, completely mired in an alternative reality, and they all think they know better than everyone else. 

Safe to say I've also been blocked by that giant hypocritical turd and a bunch of them for occasionally and, fairly playfully in my opinion, pointing out a few of their blind spots. 

I have no idea what's happened but if it means less Luke Thomas I'm on board, I stopped watching any of his crap years ago

You just made Luke’s efforts of blocking people make much more sense with your post... and made it obvious as to why you were blocked. 

I’m pretty sure he blocks people who insert super negative, political or troll-like comments on his posts. Like yours.  

Because those are the reasons why people get blocked. 

check it out everyone, we've found the guy that knows whats right for everyone! He can infer the correct moral response and answer anything, not matter how little his ignorant ass actually knows, you can bet he'll virtue signal the SHIT out it. a

sk him anything, but don't get him mad. You don't want him changing his twitter icon to let you know that he's REALLY taking action.

Dude I have no idea what you’re even talking about but if your Twitter posts are anything like your UG posts, I’m sure Luke isn’t the only one that’s blocked you. 

wrong again, genius. Projecting much? That's the issue with you morality police types, you think you know everything, meanwhile you're miles away from reality.

Pretty much just him and that other fuckstick that can't bear to see anything contrary to his own world view that I mentioned, those are the only people that have ever blocked me AFAIK. I lol'ed when i noticed, and moved on with my day.

6/25/19 4:05 PM
10/9/10
x9uv -
MasterofMartialArts -
x9uv -
MasterofMartialArts -
x9uv -
cuttooth -

MMAFighting's staff roster got raped by ESPN and The Athletic. Thomas has said for a good while he made the majority of his income from his youtube channel and SiriusXM. MMAFighting has not been a major traffic destination since Helwani left.

I hope Esther Lin and Casey Leydon find another outlet that will use them as they're the best photo/videographers in the industry.

Luke blocks anyone that disagrees with him or points out his retarded left wing social justice grandstanding policital viewpoint. Same goes for that fucking retard Chad Dundas, most of the people working at bloody elbow, and many  more of the so called 'MMA journalists.' 

Most of them are just like the rest of the liberal media. Frothing at the mouth about trump, completely mired in an alternative reality, and they all think they know better than everyone else. 

Safe to say I've also been blocked by that giant hypocritical turd and a bunch of them for occasionally and, fairly playfully in my opinion, pointing out a few of their blind spots. 

I have no idea what's happened but if it means less Luke Thomas I'm on board, I stopped watching any of his crap years ago

You just made Luke’s efforts of blocking people make much more sense with your post... and made it obvious as to why you were blocked. 

I’m pretty sure he blocks people who insert super negative, political or troll-like comments on his posts. Like yours.  

Because those are the reasons why people get blocked. 

check it out everyone, we've found the guy that knows whats right for everyone! He can infer the correct moral response and answer anything, not matter how little his ignorant ass actually knows, you can bet he'll virtue signal the SHIT out it. a

sk him anything, but don't get him mad. You don't want him changing his twitter icon to let you know that he's REALLY taking action.

Dude I have no idea what you’re even talking about but if your Twitter posts are anything like your UG posts, I’m sure Luke isn’t the only one that’s blocked you. 

wrong again, genius. Projecting much? That's the issue with you morality police types, you think you know everything, meanwhile you're miles away from reality.

Pretty much just him and that other fuckstick that can't bear to see anything contrary to his own world view that I mentioned, those are the only people that have ever blocked me AFAIK. I lol'ed when i noticed, and moved on with my day.

It’s interesting that you call me “morality police” because I expressed my opinion. Standard way of inserting labels and politics into a conversation to put another person down. 

I’m not really sure if you moved on because here you are still talking about it. Either way, do your thing man. I’m not really here to have a mindless argument. If you wanna have a discussion then let’s use logic. 

6/25/19 4:15 PM
10/28/16
Right Hand JO Power - 

Also,  claiming Luke was fired is dumb.   Nobody knows what went on,  but what we do know is the dude had a grueling schedule for the last year,  the majority of his colleagues have already left MMAfighting, he recently had a kid which would make the schedule even worse,  and he has other revenue streams.   For the last few months,  people have been wondering how long until Luke would quit,  now he quits and people are saying he got fired over a blown out of proportion comment about Chael.  If they were going to fire him over a fighter not liking him,  they would have done that for Jon Jones a long time ago.

lol@ this shit
the gig is up luke
6/25/19 4:20 PM
4/8/07

Oh,  how original

6/25/19 4:22 PM
10/28/16
MasterofMartialArts - 
Right Hand JO Power -

I wouldn't call those numbers just Ariel's.   Luke was there since the first episode.   Also,  since that began,  MMA news has changed a lot with the UFC growing their in house reporting and now with ESPN covering MMA, it's shrinking the need for and the traffic to the independent sites.

This. Plus Ariel is just more popular in general, he’s more about storylines and personalities. Luke is way more serious and analytical. Significantly different styles. 

I cant say how many times I’ve read on YouTube comments during the MMAnalyst shit like “this is boring, going to Ariel’s show now”. It’s like cool man if that’s what you like, then watch it instead. It’s not good or bad, it’s just different. Ariel probably gets way more casual MMA viewers than hardcores.

It’s just crazy how many people go out of their way to shit on somebody. 

' It’s just crazy how many people go out of their way to shit on somebody.'

truth nigga- i bet luke regrets it now
6/25/19 7:52 PM
10/9/10
starboy -
MasterofMartialArts - 
Right Hand JO Power -

I wouldn't call those numbers just Ariel's.   Luke was there since the first episode.   Also,  since that began,  MMA news has changed a lot with the UFC growing their in house reporting and now with ESPN covering MMA, it's shrinking the need for and the traffic to the independent sites.

This. Plus Ariel is just more popular in general, he’s more about storylines and personalities. Luke is way more serious and analytical. Significantly different styles. 

I cant say how many times I’ve read on YouTube comments during the MMAnalyst shit like “this is boring, going to Ariel’s show now”. It’s like cool man if that’s what you like, then watch it instead. It’s not good or bad, it’s just different. Ariel probably gets way more casual MMA viewers than hardcores.

It’s just crazy how many people go out of their way to shit on somebody. 

' It’s just crazy how many people go out of their way to shit on somebody.'

truth nigga- i bet luke regrets it now

Elaborate.... 

6/25/19 9:44 PM
5/30/15
MasterofMartialArts -
CRE -
MasterofMartialArts - 
CRE -
MasterofMartialArts - 
CRE -
Outlaw’d by Lytle - 

Luke ‘Smug Egotistical Cock Snorter’ Thomas blocked me from Twitter, next week he throws shade on Chael, next week he’s sacked. 

Karma is indeed a bitch. 

Didn’t know he’d blocked CRE, which is an unforgivable and punishable act. Hard to feel sorry for the guy. 

That aside, I don’t rejoice in a Father losing their income. If he would just tone down his ‘I’m superior to everyone’ bullshit he’d offer a lot to the MMA media contingent. 

I’d be willing to consider his return to our community if he publically begged CRE for forgiveness. 

I'm not glad a Father lost his income either. Not sure Luke Thomas is owed any modicum of decency that he hasn't shown the fans or fighters through the years though.

I hear people say things like this all of the time. Where exactly is he lacking in decency? 

The way he blocks people and shuts them out of the discussion is disgraceful.

That’s not lacking in decency dude. That’s just Twitter. Decency has nothing to do with that at all.... at least for me. My standards for human beings are how they treat people in real life. Nothing he has said has indicated to me that he’s not a decent person. 

I’m not saying he’s amazing either because I really don’t know. But there’s no evidence to suggest he’s not a good person so I’m not going to degrade his character. 

This whole thing is just weird to me. All I see is people taking the most microscopic shit and magnifying into something much bigger so it fits their agenda. None of us really know Luke, so it’s strange that so many people here are putting a lot of time into criticizing him. 

Look at this thread. We have a bunch of people on the UG basically celebrating that a guy just lost his job. To me, people who put this much energy into pure negativity are projecting their own problems onto the world. 

I hear everyone talking about “karma”, yet here I see nothing but negative comments about another person. It’s just disingenuous.  

Luke was one of the top what? 5 talking heads? responsible for cultivating the culture of mainstream MMA discussion. There's 100s of people who tried to take part in that and were silenced by his authoritarian tactics. Ariel is #1 in this space for a reason, he rarely blocks people, if ever. My example of being blocked is posted for a reason, Luke falsely attributed a 2008 quote from Dana White to the entirety of MMA, in an attempt to put the sport down, in 2018.

Yeah I get it, that’s bad form. But to base my entire opinion of him off Twitter blocks and out-of-context comments? That’s nonsense. 

Ariel is great, I love what he does. I also love what Luke does, for different reasons. He seems to just have a general attitude/disposition that people just don’t like. I get that. He talked about it on his Sirius XM show today. 

This whole thing is overblown. Luke does cultivate discussion about important things in MMA, and talks about a lot of things most journalists won’t. I respect what he does, whether he is widely revered or not. 

Ariel is great? Jesus Christ dude.

Ariel is the worst. Luke just as bad for different reasons. I fanything this Brett Okamoto guy is decent doesn't necessarily try to instigate shit every possible second of his life. Seems level headed.

6/25/19 10:01 PM
10/9/10
MMADOG -
MasterofMartialArts -
CRE -
MasterofMartialArts - 
CRE -
MasterofMartialArts - 
CRE -
Outlaw’d by Lytle - 

Luke ‘Smug Egotistical Cock Snorter’ Thomas blocked me from Twitter, next week he throws shade on Chael, next week he’s sacked. 

Karma is indeed a bitch. 

Didn’t know he’d blocked CRE, which is an unforgivable and punishable act. Hard to feel sorry for the guy. 

That aside, I don’t rejoice in a Father losing their income. If he would just tone down his ‘I’m superior to everyone’ bullshit he’d offer a lot to the MMA media contingent. 

I’d be willing to consider his return to our community if he publically begged CRE for forgiveness. 

I'm not glad a Father lost his income either. Not sure Luke Thomas is owed any modicum of decency that he hasn't shown the fans or fighters through the years though.

I hear people say things like this all of the time. Where exactly is he lacking in decency? 

The way he blocks people and shuts them out of the discussion is disgraceful.

That’s not lacking in decency dude. That’s just Twitter. Decency has nothing to do with that at all.... at least for me. My standards for human beings are how they treat people in real life. Nothing he has said has indicated to me that he’s not a decent person. 

I’m not saying he’s amazing either because I really don’t know. But there’s no evidence to suggest he’s not a good person so I’m not going to degrade his character. 

This whole thing is just weird to me. All I see is people taking the most microscopic shit and magnifying into something much bigger so it fits their agenda. None of us really know Luke, so it’s strange that so many people here are putting a lot of time into criticizing him. 

Look at this thread. We have a bunch of people on the UG basically celebrating that a guy just lost his job. To me, people who put this much energy into pure negativity are projecting their own problems onto the world. 

I hear everyone talking about “karma”, yet here I see nothing but negative comments about another person. It’s just disingenuous.  

Luke was one of the top what? 5 talking heads? responsible for cultivating the culture of mainstream MMA discussion. There's 100s of people who tried to take part in that and were silenced by his authoritarian tactics. Ariel is #1 in this space for a reason, he rarely blocks people, if ever. My example of being blocked is posted for a reason, Luke falsely attributed a 2008 quote from Dana White to the entirety of MMA, in an attempt to put the sport down, in 2018.

Yeah I get it, that’s bad form. But to base my entire opinion of him off Twitter blocks and out-of-context comments? That’s nonsense. 

Ariel is great, I love what he does. I also love what Luke does, for different reasons. He seems to just have a general attitude/disposition that people just don’t like. I get that. He talked about it on his Sirius XM show today. 

This whole thing is overblown. Luke does cultivate discussion about important things in MMA, and talks about a lot of things most journalists won’t. I respect what he does, whether he is widely revered or not. 

Ariel is great? Jesus Christ dude.

Ariel is the worst. Luke just as bad for different reasons. I fanything this Brett Okamoto guy is decent doesn't necessarily try to instigate shit every possible second of his life. Seems level headed.

So we have different opinions..... that’s only reason you replied? 

Edited: 6/25/19 10:13 PM
4/8/07

I can't imagine getting so worked up about MMA media members.   Do you angry anti-Luke and anti-Ariel people watch their videos and get all riled up?  Were you throwing stuff and shouting,  "I can't believe he said Chael was only a very good fighter!  AAAARrrggghhh!!!"

6/25/19 10:16 PM
4/16/13

Voicing your opinion that you are not a fan of certain media member isn't necessarily "hating" or being "anti". This is an MMA message board where people express their opnions, good or bad. I can guarantee not a single person on this thread got "riled up" for even a second about this issue. They simply don't enjoy Luke Thomas. To use one of his words, he's a donk. I still wish him well in his future endeavors.

6/25/19 10:19 PM
6/28/16

He’s got that hamster DNA he can fall back on.

Edited: 6/25/19 10:34 PM
5/29/19
RonaldRaygun -

Voicing your opinion that you are not a fan of certain media member isn't necessarily "hating" or being "anti". This is an MMA message board where people express their opnions, good or bad. I can guarantee not a single person on this thread got "riled up" for even a second about this issue. They simply don't enjoy Luke Thomas. To use one of his words, he's a donk. I still wish him well in his future endeavors.

The reaction from many UGers was certainly stronger that just simply voicing an opinion. We’ve got like 5 threads on the subject since yesterday. I do believe the majority of people are calm and rational — but let’s not pretend there’s not this large sect of UGers that act like petty assholes most of the time. 

6/26/19 12:40 AM
4/26/13

Just curious if you guys think his open use of marijuana had anything to do with him getting let go?  Not really a good look having a pot user be the face of the site, and maybe he was coming to the show high.  

6/26/19 12:52 AM
11/21/02

He always struck me as a miserable guy who hates everything about mma from the fans to promoters to fighters but was forced to do this job.  Wish they had somebody else in his spot on Sirius for my drive home.  

6/26/19 4:45 AM
11/21/05
Easters -

Just curious if you guys think his open use of marijuana had anything to do with him getting let go?  Not really a good look having a pot user be the face of the site, and maybe he was coming to the show high.  

I don't think that matters anymore.

It's like saying I enjoy a glass of wine now and then.

6/26/19 6:12 AM
3/18/14

The gangster stays undefeated

6/26/19 11:18 AM
1/24/16
Easters -

He smokes weed? I find it hard to believe that he is more than an occasional user.

6/26/19 11:24 AM
1/24/16

Just watched the vid where he responds to chael and I really like his take. At the end of the day Luke is someone who asks the hard questions and has somewhat of a morale and ethics to go along with his "journalism".

Chael on the other hand, is a liar and a promoters shill.

So one actually wants the sport to become better and the other just wants to fill his pockets. 

6/26/19 11:28 AM
1/24/16

6/26/19 12:26 PM
4/26/13
dinkledorf -
Easters -

He smokes weed? I find it hard to believe that he is more than an occasional user.

What does occasional user even mean anymore?  I'm just saying if I run a large company and am paying a guy a lot of money I don't want him showing up high or getting blown when he gets home.  It may also affect his ability to book guests as a lot of MMA fighters are VERY anti-drug.  

6/26/19 12:33 PM
7/22/15

Damn, people on here will fight over anything.

6/26/19 12:34 PM
1/18/06
Unkind Zuffa -

Damn, people on here will fight over anything.

WTF IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN, ASSHOLE!?

6/26/19 1:54 PM
12/29/18
Easters -
dinkledorf -
Easters -

What does occasional user even mean anymore?  I'm just saying if I run a large company and am paying a guy a lot of money I don't want him showing up high or getting blown when he gets home.  It may also affect his ability to book guests as a lot of MMA fighters are VERY anti-drug.  

This is a very antiquated argument. I’m going to assume you’re someone who doesn’t or hasn’t indulged in marijuana if you’re worried about what he does at home.