UnderGround Forums Luke Thomas responds hard against Chael (video)

25 days ago
2/8/12

After a few minutes in Luke gets heated

25 days ago
5/9/06

Luke being a bit of a baby here.   I guess Chael may have been too, but dude was just retiring.  

25 days ago
5/24/17

If the majority of lukes income is YouTube then this should be a golden opportunity for him to make bank and go full time, unless he's full of shit and saving face. 

25 days ago
6/27/05

I honestly have no clue who this fucking guy is....

25 days ago
1/1/01
Jesus, what a waste of time.
25 days ago
11/23/11
Stu Cazzo -

sure you do.

lukes name has been plastered all over mma forums for months, lukes haters love to talk about him which in return gets luke more clicks.

25 days ago
1/17/12

I think with regard to the rankings claim, Chael was talking about the official ufc rankings that debuted for the first time somewhere close to the shogun fight. Once chael beat shogun he was in both the light-heavy top 10 and was still in the middleweight top 10. I didn’t fact check Chanel’s claim but I think chael is correct that he was the first in the top 10 in 2 weight classes with regard to those official rankings as the rankings had just debuted.  Obviously chael wasn’t the first to be ranked in two weight classes on any list, hendo held two belts at the same time.

Luke criticizes chael for wording things to fit his narrative, which is fair criticism but then essentially did the same thing when he pointed out inaccuracies in an argument I’m pretty confident he knows chael wasn’t making. 

25 days ago
6/27/05
Hikikomori -
Stu Cazzo -

sure you do.

lukes name has been plastered all over mma forums for months, lukes haters love to talk about him which in return gets luke more clicks.

He’s not a fighter...?

25 days ago
6/17/16

Luke is a dork.

He should be begging to suck Chael off, if it wasn't for Chael and people like him Luke would be making sandwiches somewhere.

25 days ago
1/23/06
jonflesh - 

I think with regard to the rankings claim, Chael was talking about the official ufc rankings that debuted for the first time somewhere close to the shogun fight. Once chael beat shogun he was in both the light-heavy top 10 and was still in the middleweight top 10. I didn’t fact check Chanel’s claim but I think chael is correct that he was the first in the top 10 in 2 weight classes with regard to those official rankings as the rankings had just debuted.  Obviously chael wasn’t the first to be ranked in two weight classes on any list, hendo held two belts at the same time.

Luke criticizes chael for wording things to fit his narrative, which is fair criticism but then essentially did the same thing when he pointed out inaccuracies in an argument I’m pretty confident he knows chael wasn’t making. 

I listened to about half of it and he put a spin on things. The two adjectives used originally were good and great, that then became "all time great" and a long diatribe about context to how the world champions chael beat were years removed from being a reigning champ. He didn't acknowledge that Chael was also past his prime as well, when he beat Wanderlei, Rampage etc. I found it impressive how recently Shogun had been Champ, coming off of TKOing Vera and KOing Griffin, while going the distance with Hendo and Gus before Chael submitted him.

Luke seems smart. He'll do well in whatever is next for him.
25 days ago
11/21/05
Luke Thomas should have been fucking respectful to Chael Sonnen in his retirement but he waited until then to shit on him.

Fuck luke thomas he is a terrible analyst and a terrible celebrity and he has no right to judge Chael not even his military service can come close to Chaels career not even his political career that he left in hand cuffs.
25 days ago
1/1/10
Target_the_Gash -

Luke is a dork.

He should be begging to suck Chael off, if it wasn't for Chael and people like him Luke would be making sandwiches somewhere.

"dork" "suck-off"

Little bit orally fixated there, gash.

25 days ago
11/23/11
stanneh - Luke Thomas should have been fucking respectful to Chael Sonnen in his retirement but he waited until then to shit on him.

Fuck luke thomas he is a terrible analyst and a terrible celebrity and he has no right to judge Chael not even his military service can come close to Chaels career not even his political career that he left in hand cuffs.

You seem upset 

25 days ago
8/6/08

I remember when Luke was an up n coming young buck and chael was one of the first big names to give him an interview. 

25 days ago
10/28/16
stanneh - Luke Thomas should have been fucking respectful to Chael Sonnen in his retirement but he waited until then to shit on him.

' stanneh - Luke Thomas should have been fucking respectful to Chael Sonnen in his retirement but he waited until then to shit on him.'

prolly this is the problem
25 days ago
1/1/01
Luke's response to Chael was fair.
And I'm a Chael fan.

On te related note...

Luke: "You wanna make money in media? Don't tell the truth."

Indeed! The main stream media nd social media are teaching us that with their censoring and banning.
Edited: 25 days ago
5/29/19
gokudamus -

I remember when Luke was an up n coming young buck and chael was one of the first big names to give him an interview. 

Makes sense why Luke said extremely nice things about him. 

25 days ago
5/29/19
CRE -
jonflesh - 

I listened to about half of it and he put a spin on things. The two adjectives used originally were good and great, that then became "all time great" and a long diatribe about context to how the world champions chael beat were years removed from being a reigning champ. He didn't acknowledge that Chael was also past his prime as well, when he beat Wanderlei, Rampage etc. I found it impressive how recently Shogun had been Champ, coming off of TKOing Vera and KOing Griffin, while going the distance with Hendo and Gus before Chael submitted him.

Luke seems smart. He'll do well in whatever is next for him.

He did mention that it wasn’t prime Chael fighting Wanderlei and Rampage in the first video. I believe his exact wording was “it wasn’t prime Chael either” after saying that Wanderlei and Rampage were older. 

You are making something out of nothing, CRE, and so is Chael. 

25 days ago
4/27/16

I’ve never heard of this guy until the Chael video. This is good publicity for him. 

25 days ago
10/28/16
starboy - 
stanneh - Luke Thomas should have been fucking respectful to Chael Sonnen in his retirement but he waited until then to shit on him.

' stanneh - Luke Thomas should have been fucking respectful to Chael Sonnen in his retirement but he waited until then to shit on him.'

prolly this is the problem

ps- but luke owned the muthafuckin shit out of chael with facts in that video
i look forward to chaels response
25 days ago
6/20/14

25 days ago
5/14/06

I thought the video was pretty good until he started attacking Chael’s integrity as a media personality and attempting to look like Mother Theresa in comparison, going on about pro-fighter causes.  That’s great, you reported the news. But Chael is an accomplished athlete and entertainer. I think his error is that he thinks he’s part of the story and not reporting the story.  He could have simply fact-checked Chael and been done with it, but he turned it into a moral dick showing contest. Ranting about how Chael could have called him was hilarious. Why are you entitled to a phone call from a major UFC personality? I think he’s under the impression that he’s part of the game after a decade of holding a mic. 

25 days ago
5/14/06

That said, if he had just done his fact checking, I think I would have agreed with most of the video. Chael isn’t an Anderson or GSP, but he’s comfortably in that next tier. 

25 days ago
3/13/08

4 later

24 days ago
2/8/12
2JupitersTooMany -

I thought the video was pretty good until he started attacking Chael’s integrity as a media personality and attempting to look like Mother Theresa in comparison, going on about pro-fighter causes.  That’s great, you reported the news. But Chael is an accomplished athlete and entertainer. I think his error is that he thinks he’s part of the story and not reporting the story.  He could have simply fact-checked Chael and been done with it, but he turned it into a moral dick showing contest. Ranting about how Chael could have called him was hilarious. Why are you entitled to a phone call from a major UFC personality? I think he’s under the impression that he’s part of the game after a decade of holding a mic. 

I agree.  Chael can do Luke’s job a lot better than Luke could do Chaels.  It just seems really beta critiquing a fighter’s accomplishments.