UnderGround Forums Luke Thomas shames Conor McGregor for punkin Firas

Edited: 10 days ago
8/3/18

"Tristar Gym owner and famed MMA coach Firas Zahabi made a Q&A video on his YouTube channel where he espoused the view that, in a rematch, he expected Max Holloway to defeat Conor McGregor. In response, McGregor issued an insulting tweet wondering why Zahabi never fought professionally and demanded he keep quiet. The response from the former champion is instructive because it's a microcosm of how all of MMA works. We are stuck in an honor society where any perceived slight is taken as a grave insult to one's character and the argument from authority reigns supreme. Enough."

- Luke Thomas on SiriusXM Radio

Luke Thomas is frustrated with extremely sensitive fighters

(like Conor McGregor) who can't take criticism from analysts.

11 days ago
12/23/02

So he is offended that he is offended basically.

11 days ago
8/3/18
ChimpFL -

Stop being so offensive. You'e very insensitive! ;-)

Edited: 11 days ago
12/7/18
ChimpFL -

This. Also, some people are completely missing the point. Conor calling out Firaz has nothing to do with him picking Holloway. It's something that's been long brewing. They have history. Firaz is always picking against Conor, and discrediting his skills. Instead of ever manning up, and giving Conor the full credit when Conor proves him wrong, he will instead start making excuses for Conor' opponents. He also basically straight up said that Conor is done, how everyone will walk through him now. Which is the worst disrespect I have ever seen given to a fighter. Conor had every right to call Firaz out. It's sad that it's become the "cool thing" on the internet to kick Conor while hes down. Like Conor said, that shows weak character. Some haters claim, "Conor is the bad guy," and yet Conor never kicked Aldo while he was down. In reality Conor is the good guy who has been targeted and demonized for what ever insane reason. IF Conor knocked Khabib out cold in the rematch, I wonder how many in the MMA industry would be calling Khabib overrated/claimimg that Khabib is done/was exposed. How many would treat Khabib the same way they treated Conor after the 1st fight? There's def a double standard agenda that WME/Ari keeps trying to push against Conor within the media. Some real scumbag Hollywood liberal shit.

11 days ago
1/14/03

Conor got his due ass whipping and even asked for mercy by saying it was only business. Conor is paying the interest for all those checks his mouth cashed on credit. Not a hater but you don't get to talk that much shit and walk away without character scarring when you take the damage of a humiliating loss.

See: Ronda Rousey

11 days ago
4/11/10
keylockarmbar -

Conor got his due ass whipping and even asked for mercy by saying it was only business. Conor is paying the interest for all those checks his mouth cashed on credit. Not a hater but you don't get to talk that much shit and walk away without character scarring when you take the damage of a humiliating loss.

Awesome post. Really.

11 days ago
11/16/09
ConorWinsTheRematch -
ChimpFL -

This. Also, some people are completely missing the point. Conor calling out Firaz has nothing to do with him picking Holloway. It's something that's been long brewing. They have history. Firaz is always picking against Conor, and discrediting his skills. Instead of ever manning up, and giving Conor the full credit when Conor proves him wrong, he will instead start making excuses for Conor' opponents. He also basically straight up said that Conor is done, how everyone will walk through him now. Which is the worst disrespect I have ever seen given to a fighter. Conor had every right to call Firaz out. It's sad that it's become the "cool thing" on the internet to kick Conor while hes down. Like Conor said, that shows weak character. Some haters claim, "Conor is the bad guy," and yet Conor never kicked Aldo while he was down. In reality Conor is the good guy who has been targeted and demonized for what ever insane reason. IF Conor knocked Khabib out cold in the rematch, I wonder how many in the MMA industry would be calling Khabib overrated/claimimg that Khabib is done/was exposed. How many would treat Khabib the same way they treated Conor after the 1st fight? There's def a double standard agenda that WME/Ari keeps trying to push against Conor within the media. Some real scumbag Hollywood liberal shit.

Your tears are delicious.

11 days ago
2/25/15

Luke Thomas is an idiot and the way he is going no UFC fighter is going to want to waste time with him

11 days ago
7/19/13
Osbot -
ConorWinsTheRematch -
ChimpFL -

Your tears are delicious.

11 days ago
12/6/05
Luke has quickly become a pansy assed little bitch.

He's not nearly as clever as he thinks he is.

I had never been a fan of Ariel but dammit, that big nosed Canuck is really growing on me.

Luke on the other, hand can suck it.
11 days ago
9/17/11

ALL sports stars and celebrities are like that!!! They want all the love, admiration and free shit, but don't say anything critical. That idea that if ONE doesn't do something, they have no right to be critical?! WTF!?! I'm no drywaller either, but I know a shitty job when I see one. They're all hypocritical babies at best.

11 days ago
5/8/16

Wow.. Luke is a fucking goof

11 days ago
5/18/18
keylockarmbar -

It’s a sport you faggot. Everyone loses. So will the neckbeard. Conor has lost twice in the UFC. Suck a blue veined throbber, you queah. 

Due ass whipping ? That so fucking weak.  It’s not even funny. Did you say that Mendes, Aldo and Alvarez got their “due ass whippings” after they got beat? Fuck no. All of those guys were talking shit.

You are just a hater, and a faggot.  

11 days ago
2/28/13

OP, why do you feel the need to share every one of Luke’s videos? We know how YouTube works

11 days ago
1/14/03
CMFanforlife -
keylockarmbar -

It’s a sport you faggot. Everyone loses. So will the neckbeard. Conor has lost twice in the UFC. Suck a blue veined throbber, you queah. 

Due ass whipping ? That so fucking weak.  It’s not even funny. Did you say that Mendes, Aldo and Alvarez got their “due ass whippings” after they got beat? Fuck no. All of those guys were talking shit.

It's funny that I read that in your voice which sounds like you have balls in your mouth. 

:)

10 days ago
8/3/18
Fahqhard -

Wow.. Luke is a fucking goof

10 days ago
2/16/10

I listened to the whole piece yesterday and I can't say I disagree with Luke one bit.  It wasn't just about Conor either it was about fighters in general being very brittle anytime they perceive a slight against them.  He also got on the whole mma community about that.  Promoters and analysts as well. 

10 days ago
9/19/13
Dead President -
keylockarmbar -

Awesome post. Really.

Where you been

10 days ago
8/3/18

Luke Thomas is PISSED!

10 days ago
3/6/07

Hello kettle. 

You are black. 

10 days ago
8/3/18

10 days ago
12/24/10
CMFanforlife -
keylockarmbar -

For a 2018 member I like your style kid :)

10 days ago
3/12/16

Edited: 10 days ago
4/15/16

From what I remember Firas gave Conor a ton of credit many ways in his long rants on Rogan’s podcast, so I don’t think he’s just a straight up Conor hater. He also would probably love a Conor vs Georges cash fight. 

Also of course Conor wants to engage in trash talk with whoever challenges him. That’s how he makes his money! You guys are all falling for the routine. He’s going to engage with anyone no matter what they say.

I’m not a Luke fan but I’m not a hater either. His job is to commentate on MMA news and vocalize opinions that bring in viewers. News flash, this is the kind of thing any sports broadcaster does on any TV station or podcast. It’s literally his job to do so. 

Tune your TV into Fox Sports 1. There’s legit almost 12 hours a day of sports criticism on multiple shows and that’s just one TV station. FS1 has at least 4 hours a day of straight up Brady and Lebron talk every day. 

LOL at all this drama. Relax. 

10 days ago
9/18/14
phatcat -
CMFanforlife -
keylockarmbar -

For a 2018 member I like your style kid :)

No shit. What’s his old sn?