UnderGround Forums Mac Lethal-Tom Mcdonald beef

6/12/19 6:30 PM
9/13/14
mdrndaysamurai -
JOB - Mac Lethal is a hip-hop OG. He's been serving up guys on the battle circuit for years. This other guy is a no-name nobody. Mac will kill him in whatever rebuttal video he makes.

As stated in the dis, Tom is worth more and sold more in terms of hip hop.  He's also been at it a shorter amount of time.  I'd say that makes him the more successful rapper 

How does Tom know Macs worth and album sales? Some of the claims Tom makes are at least exaggerated, possibly not true at all. Tom said that Mac hasn't released an album in 4 years. Macs last album, Congratulations, was released Sept 2016, not even 3 years ago.

6/12/19 7:00 PM
5/14/13

Lethal fell for an act and wasn't prepared to be hit like that. Completely different rap styles, MacDonald has made his mark with politically charged rap, just because he's doing politically charged crap doesn't mean the rest of his rap game is average.

It's like Riff Raff. Guy plays around with words so much then features on tracks and steals the show. Some guy its not worth insulting. Lethal found out the hard way.

6/12/19 9:13 PM
11/20/09

To anyone suggesting Tom MacDonald got the better of Mac Lethal....what are your thoughts about Mac's end verse talking about his rap name will forever be in his surragate name?

6/13/19 12:03 AM
5/14/13
D241 -

To anyone suggesting Tom MacDonald got the better of Mac Lethal....what are your thoughts about Mac's end verse talking about his rap name will forever be in his surragate name?

Seriously, if that's what you've got to go off for Lethal winning you've gotta get your head screwed on. 

6/13/19 12:08 AM
1/16/12
D241 -

I usually agree with you but Lethal was fucked KOd visciously. It wasn’t close it was a slaughter. I quoted a few parts but that whole thing was a nasty diss. I don’t Lethals coming back 

“if you did a drive-by, I'd wave!”

“Got your own pool? Kids in private school?
You the fuckin' mother of the year”

“They're gonna need a whole family of coffins
When you Chris Benoit 'em to solve all your problems”

6/13/19 12:09 AM
1/16/12
The Pendulum -

Lethal fell for an act and wasn't prepared to be hit like that. Completely different rap styles, MacDonald has made his mark with politically charged rap, just because he's doing politically charged crap doesn't mean the rest of his rap game is average.

It's like Riff Raff. Guy plays around with words so much then features on tracks and steals the show. Some guy its not worth insulting. Lethal found out the hard way.

Actually Lethal took the first shot at Tom Macdonald first. Then said he didn’t but it was obvious & Tom called him out on it and he admitted the diss.

6/13/19 12:19 AM
11/20/05
D241 -

I think you need to grow up and start listening to real music instead of arguing about which one of these talentless hacks wrote a better nursery rhyme. Can either one of these fags play an instrument?

6/13/19 4:47 AM
10/16/07
Hate420 -
D241 -

I think you need to grow up and start listening to real music instead of arguing about which one of these talentless hacks wrote a better nursery rhyme. Can either one of these fags play an instrument?

Tom plays piano and guitar I believe.

6/13/19 8:58 AM
8/15/14
Beezulbubba - Anyone else watching these? Guess the beef started on Twitter when Mac made some SJW comments. Here are the vids in order:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdXGEKHitwg

Mac's rebuttal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCEkwCJp5ns

Said he was done and not doing anymore after this one

Thought he had em but then Tom dropped this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2-KlNwcTdk.

That was pretty entertaining, I enjoyed both though I came in hoping for a kill from Lethal, but yeah, that second non answered diss from Tom is hard. I heard he also wrote each of them within 24 hours. I hope they keep going at each other, everybody wins.

6/13/19 10:34 AM
1/23/14

This is going to backfire on Mac because his style is just too old. Tom guy did well on the 2nd diss, more entertaining than 95% battle rap garbage.

6/13/19 11:08 AM
8/15/14
fiznadd -

This is going to backfire on Mac because his style is just too old. Tom guy did well on the 2nd diss, more entertaining than 95% battle rap garbage.

Feeling this, Mac has this old school vibe that I dig but Tom, damn. 

6/13/19 3:20 PM
2/14/11

I enjoyed this more than I should have, Tom Macdonald got exactly what he wanted. His new album is about to drop, and this little beef has definitely got people's attention. I found this GFM from 2017, apparently he made his 12mil overnight.

https://www.gofundme.com/nova-rockefellers-hospital-bill

6/13/19 4:18 PM
2/15/05
D241 -

Surprised he TM didn’t come with a line suggesting that he is a born Mac and ML is a wannabe 

6/13/19 4:22 PM
9/12/10
TFK_Al Neri -
D241 -

Surprised he TM didn’t come with a line suggesting that he is a born Mac and ML is a wannabe 

You might have a future in battle rap 

6/13/19 4:54 PM
11/20/09
The Pendulum - 
D241 -

Seriously, if that's what you've got to go off for Lethal winning you've gotta get your head screwed on. 

Me-favors one guy that he's known/followed for years, comes to the thread giving both guy props and suggest the battle was very close

You-incapable of acknowledging Mac dropped any disses.

One is bias here, and the other is not me.

6/13/19 4:55 PM
11/20/09
TFK_Al Neri - 
D241 -

You are on to something.  I think it's too late to add that in the next battle rap if there is one.  That would have been a nice flip though.

6/13/19 5:13 PM
11/20/09
Acidic - 
D241 -

I usually agree with you but Lethal was fucked KOd visciously. It wasn’t close it was a slaughter. I quoted a few parts but that whole thing was a nasty diss. I don’t Lethals coming back 

“if you did a drive-by, I'd wave!”

“Got your own pool? Kids in private school?
You the fuckin' mother of the year”

“They're gonna need a whole family of coffins
When you Chris Benoit 'em to solve all your problems”

Mother of the year-solid diss

The other two you mentioned, mediocre.  Not bad, not stand out.

You seem to be overlooking-

"She tries to be edgy that's her rap ploy, but back in the day she was a frat boy"(then shows a picture of him without face tattoes dressed as a preppy lol

"You rappin like you want to make America great again, but you're not even american tammy, you're Canadian...

You live in the safest fucking country in the world, yet you act like you're a victim man you're such a little girl"

"...That's disgusting man(dissing his daughter), lets talk about the fact your girlfriend used to suck off R.A the Rugged man"  (His follow up diss was savage as well talking about his girlfriend being a groupie)

"What's the matter lay lay ponds, did my lethal injection injection get stuck in your va jay jay wrong? What's the matter Methlamore? You need another stupid white boy gimmick to move some units out the record store?"

"You lie about your height you're not 6'5 you little man, you look like Kid Rock had a meth baby with lil zan"

"I'm a martial artist, you fake wrestle bitch.  You aren't the man but you do look like Becky Lynch"

Real bad one here-

"In America Hog is another name for dick, which is the reason you got it tatted underneath your lip"

"You love dick bro, you give enough head, you wear nail polish mother fucker, enough said"

Sorry but I stand by my opinion that Mac's response is better

6/13/19 5:28 PM
11/20/09

Can't lie though.  I'm re-listening to Tom MacDonald's verse for the 3rd time and I like it more and more.

I'm going to go look for other stuff by him, before I do I'm taking recommendationis.

Also, none of you saying Tom won the battlte talked about his line of his girl working for Def Jam and Lethal's girl looking like death fam.  I thought that was a solid line but that wasn't mentioned.

Edited: 6/13/19 5:32 PM
10/16/07

Tom MacDonald - This House

6/13/19 5:57 PM
11/20/09
D241 - 
SomeoneToDoYourDirtyWork - 
mdrndaysamurai -

Not into this type of stuff at all.  Tom smashed him though

This....especially on #2 "You been on Ellen and Rogan, why ain't you famous yet"?

Lol, if you've been on Ellen and Rogan.....you have some sort of fame that's obvious lol

I think this first round was close and to me what Tom hit on was the personal stuff, about drugs/addiction and stuff.

I put that on the same equal ground as Mac talking about the spandex wrestling stuff.

I could give a fuck about record sales and internet popularity.  Some of my favorite rappers have less than 300k views on their videos but they still go hard as fuck.  

This is like McGregor claiming he's more accomplished than Donald Cerrone b/c of the money he's made.  Cerrone has been in the game longer, been far more active than Conor, but Conor is huge when it comes to name recognition.  I don't think it's fair of me to sasy Tom is Conor McGregor level but I'm just saying popularity does not always equal skill.

Kimbo Slice I believe is on 4 of the top 6 most watched mma events.   Kimbo Slice was never that good, but if you admire someone for being popular, then you might be a Kimbo Slice and/or Tom MacDonald fan.

Just to piggy back off my comment about not caring about record sales or internet popularity....

This rap video has less than 61k views and it was released 12 years ago.  

The rapper died some time ago but this song is so fucking bonkers yet so unkonwn.  Just b/c this guy's video doesn't have 10 million doesn't mean it sucks.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0anKq2L9OA

6/13/19 6:02 PM
11/20/09
MMArijuana - 

Tom MacDonald - This House

I'm a fan.

I may currently like Mac Lethal's career more, might favor Lethal in this current battle, but if I was Mac Lethal I would not feel good knowing that this fan is now saying "thanks to this beef I'm now a Tom MacDonald fan".

Dude has skills.  His look at first was off putting, not a fan of face tats and nose piercings but if the dude can rap, he can rap.  

I'm going to look up more of Tom MacDonald rap songs later this evening.  If any of you fans of his would like to drop some links to his videos you want to influence me on, go right ahead I'll listen to every one of them and probably enjoy them.

6/13/19 7:16 PM
5/14/13
D241 -

Can't lie though.  I'm re-listening to Tom MacDonald's verse for the 3rd time and I like it more and more.

I'm going to go look for other stuff by him, before I do I'm taking recommendationis.

Also, none of you saying Tom won the battlte talked about his line of his girl working for Def Jam and Lethal's girl looking like death fam.  I thought that was a solid line but that wasn't mentioned.

No, because we know Tom won. His entire track dissed Lethal up and down.

Lethal got sat down, by a guy who hasn't even been trying and doesn't see any threat in Lethal. 

Lethal may know how to rap a lot of ways, he might be able to rap fast, he might be able to rap slow. But how good are his songs really? He hasn't had commercial success, his YouTube channel is clickbait, he's still doing the same schtick, it's stale, he needs to reinvent himself, or get better at what he's doing.

I don't like Tom's political rap, and haven't heard anything else of his other than these diss tracks. These guys aren't great artists in the big picture, but Tom certianly has a future.

6/13/19 7:45 PM
11/20/09
The Pendulum - 
D241 -

Lethal got sat down, by a guy who hasn't even been trying and doesn't see any threat in Lethal. 

Lethal may know how to rap a lot of ways, he might be able to rap fast, he might be able to rap slow. But how good are his songs really? He hasn't had commercial success, his YouTube channel is clickbait, he's still doing the same schtick, it's stale, he needs to reinvent himself, or get better at what he's doing.

I don't like Tom's political rap, and haven't heard anything else of his other than these diss tracks. These guys aren't great artists in the big picture, but Tom certianly has a future.

I can see why you have the opinion you do.  I can even agree the future upside for these two probably favor's MacDonald.

Again, I give zero fucks about commercial success.  I don't care who has more youtube views or subscribers.  As it stands, in my history of living, Mac Lethal has given me more entertaining songs than Tom has, granted I literally just heard of Tom yesterday.

Agree to disagree regarding who won.  You say MacDonald's track was entire diss track, well so was Lethal's lol...duh that was the sole substance of each video and it's purpose.

Some of my 3 favorite rappers of all time are Sean Price(RiP!), Apathy(of the DemiGodz), and Eminem.  2/3 of them most people have probably never heard of, and 2/3 of them are not good commercially.  Doesn't mean I don't bump the shit out of them and prefer them over mainstream guys like G-eazy.

6/13/19 8:30 PM
5/14/13
D241 -
The Pendulum - 
D241 -

I can see why you have the opinion you do.  I can even agree the future upside for these two probably favor's MacDonald.

Again, I give zero fucks about commercial success.  I don't care who has more youtube views or subscribers.  As it stands, in my history of living, Mac Lethal has given me more entertaining songs than Tom has, granted I literally just heard of Tom yesterday.

Agree to disagree regarding who won.  You say MacDonald's track was entire diss track, well so was Lethal's lol...duh that was the sole substance of each video and it's purpose.

Some of my 3 favorite rappers of all time are Sean Price(RiP!), Apathy(of the DemiGodz), and Eminem.  2/3 of them most people have probably never heard of, and 2/3 of them are not good commercially.  Doesn't mean I don't bump the shit out of them and prefer them over mainstream guys like G-eazy.

You were arguing before that MacDonalds disses were weak, the hit really close to home without saying anything. If Lethal really was an addict who lost his job to drugs then fucked a coworkers wife on the way out then he really is a piece of shit. Kinda hard to have that thrown into your face, no matter what justification you have.

Doesn't really compare to refusing to acknowledge someone's name. Tom doesn't even look like an addict, but apparently Lethal doesn't know what an addict looks or sounds like, even though he was one. Funny that you'd make a joke about the guy you're dissing looking like Lil Xan if you were just as deep in opiates at one point.

6/13/19 8:59 PM
3/5/15
D241 -
The Pendulum - 
D241 -

Apathy is good shit, and he does a lot of collabs with a ton of other guys I like too. 

I think Macdonalds 2 songs were clearly better than max lethals but I’m a lethal fan as well. I only recently heard of Tom Macdonald, maybe a month or two ago when he popped up on Pandora. He’s not the type of rap I typically like but he has a few catchy songs I actually like. I’ve heard a couple that sound like mumble rap trash too though.