UnderGround Forums Mac Lethal-Tom Mcdonald beef

6/13/19 9:59 PM
1/7/06

6/13/19 10:13 PM
10/15/06
Tom's second track had so many viscous disses in it. The parrot/ash/urn was brutal too.
6/13/19 11:11 PM
9/13/14
The Pendulum -
D241 -

Can't lie though.  I'm re-listening to Tom MacDonald's verse for the 3rd time and I like it more and more.

I'm going to go look for other stuff by him, before I do I'm taking recommendationis.

Also, none of you saying Tom won the battlte talked about his line of his girl working for Def Jam and Lethal's girl looking like death fam.  I thought that was a solid line but that wasn't mentioned.

No, because we know Tom won. His entire track dissed Lethal up and down.

Lethal got sat down, by a guy who hasn't even been trying and doesn't see any threat in Lethal. 

Lethal may know how to rap a lot of ways, he might be able to rap fast, he might be able to rap slow. But how good are his songs really? He hasn't had commercial success, his YouTube channel is clickbait, he's still doing the same schtick, it's stale, he needs to reinvent himself, or get better at what he's doing.

I don't like Tom's political rap, and haven't heard anything else of his other than these diss tracks. These guys aren't great artists in the big picture, but Tom certianly has a future.

How is Mac Lethal's youtube channel clickbait?

6/13/19 11:46 PM
5/7/10

In

6/14/19 12:22 AM
2/14/11

Tom Macdonald didn't win anything, like I posted he needed GFM to pay his girls medical bills in November 2017. He was born in 88 and Mac was born in 81, so the you're so old shit,don't mean shit coming fron a 31 yr old, lol. Then he tried to shame him for his struggles with substance abuse, does anyone really believe Tom Macdonald isn't using? Plus Tom is nothing without YouTube, none of these rappers are, so how is Mac a glorified Youtuber, but Tom isn't? 

6/14/19 12:37 AM
5/14/13
VFR -
The Pendulum -
D241 -

Can't lie though.  I'm re-listening to Tom MacDonald's verse for the 3rd time and I like it more and more.

I'm going to go look for other stuff by him, before I do I'm taking recommendationis.

Also, none of you saying Tom won the battlte talked about his line of his girl working for Def Jam and Lethal's girl looking like death fam.  I thought that was a solid line but that wasn't mentioned.

Lethal got sat down, by a guy who hasn't even been trying and doesn't see any threat in Lethal. 

Lethal may know how to rap a lot of ways, he might be able to rap fast, he might be able to rap slow. But how good are his songs really? He hasn't had commercial success, his YouTube channel is clickbait, he's still doing the same schtick, it's stale, he needs to reinvent himself, or get better at what he's doing.

I don't like Tom's political rap, and haven't heard anything else of his other than these diss tracks. These guys aren't great artists in the big picture, but Tom certianly has a future.

Have you seen his YouTube channel?

6/14/19 12:41 AM
9/13/14
The Pendulum -
VFR -
The Pendulum -
D241 -

Have you seen his YouTube channel?

Yes. I've been subscribed to his channel for years.

So, again, how is his channel clickbait?

6/14/19 2:09 AM
11/20/09
The Pendulum - 
D241 -
The Pendulum - 
D241 -

I can see why you have the opinion you do.  I can even agree the future upside for these two probably favor's MacDonald.

Again, I give zero fucks about commercial success.  I don't care who has more youtube views or subscribers.  As it stands, in my history of living, Mac Lethal has given me more entertaining songs than Tom has, granted I literally just heard of Tom yesterday.

Agree to disagree regarding who won.  You say MacDonald's track was entire diss track, well so was Lethal's lol...duh that was the sole substance of each video and it's purpose.

Some of my 3 favorite rappers of all time are Sean Price(RiP!), Apathy(of the DemiGodz), and Eminem.  2/3 of them most people have probably never heard of, and 2/3 of them are not good commercially.  Doesn't mean I don't bump the shit out of them and prefer them over mainstream guys like G-eazy.

You were arguing before that MacDonalds disses were weak, the hit really close to home without saying anything. If Lethal really was an addict who lost his job to drugs then fucked a coworkers wife on the way out then he really is a piece of shit. Kinda hard to have that thrown into your face, no matter what justification you have.

Doesn't really compare to refusing to acknowledge someone's name. Tom doesn't even look like an addict, but apparently Lethal doesn't know what an addict looks or sounds like, even though he was one. Funny that you'd make a joke about the guy you're dissing looking like Lil Xan if you were just as deep in opiates at one point.

I was arguing MacDonald's disses were weak?

I don't think you've ready any of my post then.

6/14/19 2:29 PM
2/15/11
SomeoneToDoYourDirtyWork - 
mdrndaysamurai -

Not into this type of stuff at all.  Tom smashed him though

This....especially on #2 "You been on Ellen and Rogan, why ain't you famous yet"?

That's tough my guy.
6/14/19 6:28 PM
11/20/09
Fan of the Sport - 

Tom Macdonald didn't win anything, like I posted he needed GFM to pay his girls medical bills in November 2017. He was born in 88 and Mac was born in 81, so the you're so old shit,don't mean shit coming fron a 31 yr old, lol. Then he tried to shame him for his struggles with substance abuse, does anyone really believe Tom Macdonald isn't using? Plus Tom is nothing without YouTube, none of these rappers are, so how is Mac a glorified Youtuber, but Tom isn't? 

I missed this post.  Very informative.  

I can see Mac using the small age discrepancy against Tom, if Mac decides to respond which he very well might not.

It's arguably one of those damned if you do(reply) damned if you don't.  If he does, regardless of the outcome it's more publicity for a guy he doesn't like.  If he doesn't reply, people will act like he's not replying b/c he got owned or is afraid.

Also has Tom MacDonald been on Ellen or Joe Rogan?

If not, kinda strange to mention how a guy you don't like has done two things you haven't but act like it's a shun or something.

6/15/19 4:49 AM
5/14/13
D241 -
The Pendulum - 
D241 -
The Pendulum - 
D241 -

I can see why you have the opinion you do.  I can even agree the future upside for these two probably favor's MacDonald.

Again, I give zero fucks about commercial success.  I don't care who has more youtube views or subscribers.  As it stands, in my history of living, Mac Lethal has given me more entertaining songs than Tom has, granted I literally just heard of Tom yesterday.

Agree to disagree regarding who won.  You say MacDonald's track was entire diss track, well so was Lethal's lol...duh that was the sole substance of each video and it's purpose.

Some of my 3 favorite rappers of all time are Sean Price(RiP!), Apathy(of the DemiGodz), and Eminem.  2/3 of them most people have probably never heard of, and 2/3 of them are not good commercially.  Doesn't mean I don't bump the shit out of them and prefer them over mainstream guys like G-eazy.

You were arguing before that MacDonalds disses were weak, the hit really close to home without saying anything. If Lethal really was an addict who lost his job to drugs then fucked a coworkers wife on the way out then he really is a piece of shit. Kinda hard to have that thrown into your face, no matter what justification you have.

Doesn't really compare to refusing to acknowledge someone's name. Tom doesn't even look like an addict, but apparently Lethal doesn't know what an addict looks or sounds like, even though he was one. Funny that you'd make a joke about the guy you're dissing looking like Lil Xan if you were just as deep in opiates at one point.

I was arguing MacDonald's disses were weak?

I don't think you've ready any of my post then.

You directly said "Mother of the year" and "Chris Benoit 'em to solve all your problems" were mediocre.

6/15/19 4:59 AM
11/20/09

Lol, that explains it.  You simply have poor reading comprehension.

I challenge you to find the quote.  It's on page 2.  I specifically said mother of the year line was a solid diss lol

I'm not saying you're stupid, but when it comes to thinking/judging on this topic, you're having very bad luck.

6/15/19 8:09 AM
12/22/10
Fan of the Sport -

I agree.  I don't see how he won anything.  I'm not even a fan of either guy.

6/15/19 10:24 AM
9/12/10
D241 -

Lol, that explains it.  You simply have poor reading comprehension.

I challenge you to find the quote.  It's on page 2.  I specifically said mother of the year line was a solid diss lol

I'm not saying you're stupid, but when it comes to thinking/judging on this topic, you're having very bad luck.

Will you bitches just hurry up and battle each other? 

6/15/19 3:37 PM
11/20/09

If memory serves me correctly Pendelum and I are usually in agreement with mma topics and he's a fellow mma and hip hop fan so even though we might slightly disagree, he gains points for same things we like.

6/15/19 4:21 PM
9/17/11
Fan of the Sport -

Mannnnn even a deaf mute old lady could tell that Lethal got murked by that second track.......

6/15/19 4:22 PM
9/17/11

That Yelawolf track "Bloody Sunday" is better than them both......

6/15/19 4:50 PM
1/2/07

Tom MacDonald is great.  Mac Lethal is very talented but doesnt have anywhere close to the amount of writing talent as Tom does.  I understand a lot of people dislike Tom but he has some really good songs and I think he is an amazing writer.

6/15/19 4:52 PM
1/2/07
Fan of the Sport -

It is a diss track and some of the stuff said on both sides was factually incorrect. Get over it.  It is for laughs.  I don't believe for a moment Tom is worth 12 million, Mac also was making fun of things about Tom that Tom was making fun of through satire in his videos.  Both of them were just talking shit.

6/15/19 4:54 PM
1/2/07
D241 -
Fan of the Sport - 

I missed this post.  Very informative.  

I can see Mac using the small age discrepancy against Tom, if Mac decides to respond which he very well might not.

It's arguably one of those damned if you do(reply) damned if you don't.  If he does, regardless of the outcome it's more publicity for a guy he doesn't like.  If he doesn't reply, people will act like he's not replying b/c he got owned or is afraid.

Also has Tom MacDonald been on Ellen or Joe Rogan?

If not, kinda strange to mention how a guy you don't like has done two things you haven't but act like it's a shun or something.

What?  Tom is asking how come Mac wasn't more popular given the mass exposure he got on Ellen and Rogan.  Again, it is just a diss track, not meant to be a fair judge of character on either side.

6/15/19 9:19 PM
5/14/13
D241 -

If memory serves me correctly Pendelum and I are usually in agreement with mma topics and he's a fellow mma and hip hop fan so even though we might slightly disagree, he gains points for same things we like.

Pretty much this. People are allowed to disagree, and yeah, I did misread your quote.

6/15/19 9:56 PM
7/10/12

I hadn’t heard of either of those guys

Watched the first 2 clips in OP - they suck

6/15/19 11:45 PM
11/20/09
Gennady Goblin - 

Good tracks from Tom Macdonald: Sad Rappers, Exposure, This House, Everybody Hates Me, I Wish

Dude's definitely got a niche in music

I finally got around to watching these.

I like his music.  I'm not head over heals like "whoa I just discovered this bad ass rapper" but it's rare for me to find someone new and go out looking for multiple songs of theirs, and stay interested. I'll definitely keep an ear open for more of his future stuff.

So far, I actually like his battle rap to Mac Lethal the most.  Mac's been a battle rapper for 20 years, literally so I hold him to a high standard and didn't expect some unknown Canadian guy to actually compete with him, but he did.  

Even though I still prefer Lethal, ever since this thread was made I've only listened to Tom MacDonald tracks like about 7-8 songs and listened to his battle diss to Lethal about 4-5 times.  I haven't listened to anything Mac Lethal though.

Not a battle rapper but the last rapper I discovered that I got really excited about, is a guy by the name of Tobe Nwigwe.  Check out "Sheet Rock" if you're going to give him a listen.

6/21/19 1:28 AM
3/5/15

I like that 2nd McDonald song. Never heard of him before. I've listened to it about 10 times.

https://youtu.be/JWAf-oJpris

I found this. It's Tom & his chick. The song is pretty cool. It's that autotuned Chainsmokers kinda thing but it works imo