UnderGround Forums Malignaggi Fought Artem and 3 Judges

6/23/19 11:33 AM
10/26/05
Mexican Janitor -

Artem pushed the pace and landed the most significant shots in this fight.

The fact that this was even a close fight is a major L for Paulie. 

He spat, slapped, and talked a ton of shit about his opponent. He looked awful last night and said the sport was beneath him. His post-fight interview was an embarrassment. Paulie is everything that's wrong in professional sports. 

Solid. Accurate. 

6/23/19 11:41 AM
1/1/01

Paulie would kick Artem's ass in a sprint race.

6/23/19 11:57 AM
1/12/05

It was good to see both guys behave like gentlemen when the fight was over. 

Artem showed a lot in that fight. He had his Buster Douglas night and good for him and his next couple of paydays. I saw Artem land nice twice: once in close and once when he landed a clean cross that stunned Paulie. That explains the cuts on both sides of Paulie's face. 

If the fight happened in a state where judges are used to scoring high level fights, and if Paulie didn't break his hand, he would have won that easily. 99/100 Malignaggi wins. 

6/23/19 11:58 AM
11/9/17
cuttooth -

put it this way. BKFC stand to get a lot more fights out of Artem in the future than they would Paulie.

This exactly! Paulie won that fight for sure but this organization wants two things onky

Fighters who will stick around

Fighters who only know how to brawl

The entire setup is geared toward sloppy brawling. The round lengths are dreadful for anyone looking to use skill to set things up and or wear an opponent down.

Go to 3x5's or at least make main events 10x2m rounds

6/23/19 12:07 PM
11/21/05
Oh please as much as i kind of wanted Artem to win by shock tko he got out classed for 90% of that fight.
6/23/19 12:22 PM
5/17/08

really depends who you gave round 3 to IMO. Artem likely had 4 and 5 on everyone's cards.

6/23/19 12:30 PM
1/10/13

This is my thoughts last night on a different thread.

I thought Paulie looked horrible. His so called feints looked more like he was flinching and twitching. His balance was terrible, leaving him nearly falling down whenever he tried to roll or turn while backpeddling. He has never been no for his offence, but tonight he could not throw anything. He also seemed very tight and nervous. As bad as he looked, I think he won 3 of the rounds. The only punch he really attempted was a jab. His jab had no snap, pop or anytanything. It was barely a flicking type,, but Artem somehow walked into many of them. It was a pathetic performance by both, but I thought Paulie barely won. 

Artem couldn't land punches on the slow, flatflatfoot and poor balanced, jitterish completely shot former boxing champion. Artem seemed timid, and hesitant to press for much of the fight. I think that he was the one moving forward gave the appearance of effective aggression. He couldn't land punches. There were a few headbutts from both guys, but Artem's did the damage causing the cuts. I was for some reason excited to watch this fight and expected it to atleast be exciting. It ended up being a complete uneventful shit show. I even skipped the stream and paid for it. I deserve to be out $40 for knowing better yet buying it anyways.

6/23/19 12:30 PM
8/15/17

I was rooting for Paulie thought he lost though. I had rounds 2 and 3 going to Malignaggi. I could see how the 4th could be scored for him. I have no idea how people on here are saying he won the 5th.

BKB is not a good sport for Malignaggi, it might be for other boxers but Malignaggi isn’t made for it.

6/23/19 12:34 PM
8/15/17
boxing wiz -

I thought Paulie looked horrible. His so called feints looked more like he was flinching and twitching. His balance was terrible, leaving him nearly falling down whenever he tried to roll or turn while backpeddling. He has never been no for his offence, but tonight he could not throw anything. He also seemed very tight and nervous. As bad as he looked, I think he won 3 of the rounds. The only punch he really attempted was a jab. His jab had no snap, pop or anytanything. It was barely a flicking type,, but Artem somehow walked into many of them. It was a pathetic performance by both, but I thought Paulie barely won. 

Artem couldn't land punches on the slow, flatflatfoot and poor balanced, jitterish completely shot former boxing champion. Artem seemed timid, and hesitant to press for much of the fight. I think that he was the one moving forward gave the appearance of effective aggression. He couldn't land punches. There were a few headbutts from both guys, but Artem's did the damage causing the cuts. I was for some reason excited to watch this fight and expected it to atleast be exciting. It ended up being a complete uneventful shit show. I even skipped the stream and paid for it. I deserve to be out $40 for knowing better yet buying it anyways.

That’s funny, i was excited for it too, thought about ordering it. Thank god I decided to wait an hour for it on YouTube.

Wich rounds did you give Paulie? 

6/23/19 12:35 PM
1/18/12

Conor would have morgued this guy

6/23/19 12:38 PM
12/9/18

Boxers can’t fight the same without giant pillows. That’s what we learned from this if we didn’t already know 

6/23/19 12:53 PM
2/6/15

The fact their is even a debate about this is hilarious.I don 

6/23/19 12:54 PM
3/6/06
Gennady Goblin - 

Round 1, Paulie did absolutely nothing, Artem was more aggressive and actually landed some shots. 

Rounds 2 and 3, Paulie is throwing a great jab, whenever he throws it he lands, and Artem isn't landing anything in return. 

Round 4, Paulie's jab stops working, and Artem starts mixing it up with body shots, which allows him to land some upstairs. Paulie has pretty much disappeared at this point.

Round 5, Paulie doesn't even try to win the round. He throws zero punches. He gives the round away by refusing to fight.

Pretty clear 3 rounds to 2 for Artem when you're not being heavily biased. You can watch any fight through a biased lense and find justifications for why any semi-close rounds should be given to 1 guy or the other. 

Definition of irony.
6/23/19 1:03 PM
9/28/06
If you go by points........ I thought Malignaggi won also!

6/23/19 1:05 PM
9/28/06
boxing wiz - 

Great post!
Edited: 6/23/19 1:32 PM
7/15/04

After that hard right hand landed by Paulie in the second round, he didn't throw it again the rest of the fight. He fought with one hand the last three rounds. 

Either he did indeed break his hand and fought with one hand because he had to, or it was one of the more pathetically passive performances I have ever seen.

He smoked Artem with that straight right and I couldn't believe he didn't throw it again for the last 3 rounds. 

Artem seemed to be confused at first and wasnt as aggressive as I thought he would be. He was missing a lot. He did land some good shots in the middle rounds once Paulie had nothing hard firing back at him.

All that being said, I had Artem winning 3-2 and am happy for him as I was hoping he would pull it off. Even when Paulie had 2 good hands the first two rounds he wasn't punching or aggressive enough.

6/23/19 1:24 PM
8/20/03
6/23/19 1:42 PM
2/5/11

Paulie ran away, spun around and made painful faces everytime he got clipper at all by a punch and was scared to pull the trigger. 

he needs to hang them shits up, terrible offensive performance on his behalf, i expected artem to struggle hitting paulie, but not to watch paulie be tentative for all 5 rounds on throwing a punch. 

6/23/19 1:43 PM
6/20/14
Bobby Lupo -

That decision was a bullshit and everybody with eyes knows it. 

Round 1- Nothing happened. Paulie landed a crisp jab 1-0 Paulie

Round 2- Paulie won easy. Popped Artem with a yuge right and broke his hand. Artem landed nothing. 2-0 Paulie

Round 3- Artem woke up and lit Paulie in the clinch. Paulie's jabbing and moving was effective for the rest of the round. Even round

Round 4- Artem was aggressive, but missed almost everything. Paulie was calm and peppered him with jabs and slappy check hooks. 3-0-1 Paulie. 

Round 5- Paulie really showed his class here. He made Artem swing and wildly miss for 2 minutes. It was a Paulie round, but the judges could have scored aggression over defense. 3-1-1 Paulie

What a ripoff. 

Lol paulie ran for the last 3 rounds and didn't throw a single punch in the 5th round. Only thing he fought was blisters from running so much. 

6/23/19 1:54 PM
1/12/05
boxing wiz - 

This is a fucking great post. I agree with most of it. You're right about Paulie fighting like a nervous wreck early on. He's never looked like that before, all reluctant and stiff, and it allowed Artem to appear to be in the fight. As soon as Paulie got loose, he hurt his right hand. 

This whole thing was odd from the beginning. Paulie might be the least suited boxer for BKB, but I figured he'd make Artem look like a guy off the street. That didn't happen. Artem actually stunned Paulie with a shot, which I wouldn't have believed in a million years. 

It was a terrible fight and I have no interest in watching BKB ever again. Paulie's a good dude, who came off incredibly bad in this whole thing, in attitude, sportsmanship, and as a boxer. He's actually a really sharp, nice guy who can (literally) talk boxing and gangster movies all day like an UGer. Sucks that he's walking away from this thing tainted. 

6/23/19 2:05 PM
1/12/05

Everything is wrong

6/23/19 2:09 PM
10/14/02
paulie won

but a guy with pillow hands is not made for bare knuckle
regardless of what combat sport he is from
6/23/19 2:11 PM
1/10/13
ThePianist -
boxing wiz -

That’s funny, i was excited for it too, thought about ordering it. Thank god I decided to wait an hour for it on YouTube.

Wich rounds did you give Paulie? 

I'd have to watch it again to remember which rounds I gave to each, and I'd rather not do that. Paulie is completely washed up. His legs are gone, reflexes are shot, cant let his hands go. He tried to be cute and use crafty boxing moves, except with his reflexes and balance off and Artem being so unconventional the moves didnt work. I'm still embarrassed that I was excited for this fight. The Bareknuckle cards do bring something different. UFC/MMA used to be the wild new option for fans that had grown bored with boxing. UFC/MMA is kind of in that same place now and Bareknuckle brings something new for fans to enjoy. 

6/23/19 2:24 PM
12/23/02

Get over it! Artem beat his ass and would absolutely kill him in MMA!

6/23/19 2:45 PM
1/12/05

This saves me a lot of money on tickets now that Paulie-MCGregor ain’t gonna happen