UnderGround Forums Malignaggi Fought Artem and 3 Judges

22 days ago
1/12/05

This saves me a lot of money on tickets now that Paulie-MCGregor ain’t gonna happen 

22 days ago
4/22/07

I see a lot of downvotes from people who just don't "get it"

22 days ago
12/7/14

disgrazia!

22 days ago
1/1/01
OP is correct...
22 days ago
1/12/05
Boom Boom Mancino - 

disgrazia!

Infamia! 

Edited: 22 days ago
11/20/10

I thought Paulie won too, albeit in boring fashion. He pretty much jabbed and jogged while displaying a superior sense of timing and distance. Artem was chasing him and was more willing to engage but it was mostly ineffectual aggression, and his skillset looked very crude in comparison. 

They probably just decided Artem was a better long term bet for BKFC, and/or wanted to send the message that you have to throw down to win there. 

12/5/15

It was weird that commentators said pauly was scared, that just looked like his fight face.. Im guessing pauly got paid a lot more, so figured it was a 1 and done fight for him.

22 days ago
7/7/10
bobmanll -

It was weird that commentators said pauly was scared, that just looked like his fight face.. Im guessing pauly got paid a lot more, so figured it was a 1 and done fight for him.

i thought artem looked super nervous but after the fight started it seemed paulie was the one a bit timid. 

22 days ago
11/18/09
Bobby Lupo -

Everything is wrong

22 days ago
7/2/15
Bobby Lupo -
CRE - 

This was Paulie treating it like a Make a Wish Foundation visit

Looks more like a bitch bending over to his pimp

22 days ago
12/4/18
CRE -

Now bow before Lord Artem 

22 days ago
12/4/18
Bobby Lupo -
boxing wiz - 

This is my thoughts last night on a different thread.

I thought Paulie looked horrible. His so called feints looked more like he was flinching and twitching. His balance was terrible, leaving him nearly falling down whenever he tried to roll or turn while backpeddling. He has never been no for his offence, but tonight he could not throw anything. He also seemed very tight and nervous. As bad as he looked, I think he won 3 of the rounds. The only punch he really attempted was a jab. His jab had no snap, pop or anytanything. It was barely a flicking type,, but Artem somehow walked into many of them. It was a pathetic performance by both, but I thought Paulie barely won. 

Artem couldn't land punches on the slow, flatflatfoot and poor balanced, jitterish completely shot former boxing champion. Artem seemed timid, and hesitant to press for much of the fight. I think that he was the one moving forward gave the appearance of effective aggression. He couldn't land punches. There were a few headbutts from both guys, but Artem's did the damage causing the cuts. I was for some reason excited to watch this fight and expected it to atleast be exciting. It ended up being a complete uneventful shit show. I even skipped the stream and paid for it. I deserve to be out $40 for knowing better yet buying it anyways.

This is a fucking great post. I agree with most of it. You're right about Paulie fighting like a nervous wreck early on. He's never looked like that before, all reluctant and stiff, and it allowed Artem to appear to be in the fight. As soon as Paulie got loose, he hurt his right hand. 

This whole thing was odd from the beginning. Paulie might be the least suited boxer for BKB, but I figured he'd make Artem look like a guy off the street. That didn't happen. Artem actually stunned Paulie with a shot, which I wouldn't have believed in a million years. 

It was a terrible fight and I have no interest in watching BKB ever again. Paulie's a good dude, who came off incredibly bad in this whole thing, in attitude, sportsmanship, and as a boxer. He's actually a really sharp, nice guy who can (literally) talk boxing and gangster movies all day like an UGer. Sucks that he's walking away from this thing tainted. 

You only like him because he’s Italian like yourself 

22 days ago
12/10/09
Gennady Goblin -

Round 1, Paulie did absolutely nothing, Artem was more aggressive and actually landed some shots. 

Rounds 2 and 3, Paulie is throwing a great jab, whenever he throws it he lands, and Artem isn't landing anything in return. 

Round 4, Paulie's jab stops working, and Artem starts mixing it up with body shots, which allows him to land some upstairs. Paulie has pretty much disappeared at this point.

Round 5, Paulie doesn't even try to win the round. He throws zero punches. He gives the round away by refusing to fight.

Pretty clear 3 rounds to 2 for Artem when you're not being heavily biased. You can watch any fight through a biased lense and find justifications for why any semi-close rounds should be given to 1 guy or the other. 

Wait wait. You think Artem landed shots in round one? A lot of things might be debatable, but I have to very strongly call bullshit on that. 

22 days ago
8/15/17
boxing wiz -
ThePianist -
boxing wiz -

This is my thoughts last night on a different thread.

I thought Paulie looked horrible. His so called feints looked more like he was flinching and twitching. His balance was terrible, leaving him nearly falling down whenever he tried to roll or turn while backpeddling. He has never been no for his offence, but tonight he could not throw anything. He also seemed very tight and nervous. As bad as he looked, I think he won 3 of the rounds. The only punch he really attempted was a jab. His jab had no snap, pop or anytanything. It was barely a flicking type,, but Artem somehow walked into many of them. It was a pathetic performance by both, but I thought Paulie barely won. 

Artem couldn't land punches on the slow, flatflatfoot and poor balanced, jitterish completely shot former boxing champion. Artem seemed timid, and hesitant to press for much of the fight. I think that he was the one moving forward gave the appearance of effective aggression. He couldn't land punches. There were a few headbutts from both guys, but Artem's did the damage causing the cuts. I was for some reason excited to watch this fight and expected it to atleast be exciting. It ended up being a complete uneventful shit show. I even skipped the stream and paid for it. I deserve to be out $40 for knowing better yet buying it anyways.

That’s funny, i was excited for it too, thought about ordering it. Thank god I decided to wait an hour for it on YouTube.

Wich rounds did you give Paulie? 

I'd have to watch it again to remember which rounds I gave to each, and I'd rather not do that. Paulie is completely washed up. His legs are gone, reflexes are shot, cant let his hands go. He tried to be cute and use crafty boxing moves, except with his reflexes and balance off and Artem being so unconventional the moves didnt work. I'm still embarrassed that I was excited for this fight. The Bareknuckle cards do bring something different. UFC/MMA used to be the wild new option for fans that had grown bored with boxing. UFC/MMA is kind of in that same place now and Bareknuckle brings something new for fans to enjoy. 

I agree Paulie is old and worn down. Still I think he’s much more capable of letting his hands go than what we saw. To me it looked like he was worried about hurting his hands, and I think that’s why it was a hard fight to watch. No gloves seemed like such a handicap to him. I couldn’t tell why he’d do it, well I was watching him do it.

I like your outlook on bareknuckle. It is cool to see something new and they’ve put on some good fights.

12/10/09
Teenage Mutant Lesnar Turtle -

I thought Paulie won too, albeit in boring fashion. He pretty much jabbed and jogged while displaying a superior sense of timing and distance. Artem was chasing him and was more willing to engage but it was mostly ineffectual aggression, and his skillset looked very crude in comparison. 

They probably just decided Artem was a better long term bet for BKFC, and/or wanted to send the message that you have to throw down to win there. 

This. I particularly liked the 3 standing hammer fists thrown by Artem as he tried anything to land. He was certainly the aggressor, but that shouldn’t mean much in a boxing match, especially when you’re missing with nearly every punch and walking into jabs. I think people must be mistaking Pauli’s off balance slipping of punches as camera angles were switching as Artem landing? That’s the only way I can figure how people think Artem did anything at all prior to round 4.  

22 days ago
12/10/09
Forrest Spliffn -

Conor would have morgued this guy

I’ll do you one better, there are a lot of ACTIVE MMA fighters that also would have whipped them both. 

22 days ago
9/28/06
scrapdo - 
Forrest Spliffn -

Conor would have morgued this guy

I’ll do you one better, there are a lot of ACTIVE MMA fighters that also would have whipped them both. 

This is true!

That being said.....Malignaggi won that fight!
22 days ago
12/29/18

Should have been a draw. Not mad Artem won. This isn’t boxing. Artem landed the bigger shots and paulie even said I outboxed him. Good job paulie, however he wore more damage and was on a bicycle. His excuses at the end and playing the victim card was petty. 

22 days ago
1/12/05
Stea1th -
bobmanll -

i thought artem looked super nervous but after the fight started it seemed paulie was the one a bit timid. 

Same. Paulie was really stiff in the first round, there was no flow to anything he was doing. He was tense until mid round 2 when he started landing. He was too loose on the final round. You dint win rounds by making the other guy moss and not pay for it. 

I think he hurt both of his hands on Artem’s head 

6/17/16

Paulie's face was more fucked up and he busted a flipper.

He got tuned up.

If the ref hadn't been there to save him and Artem got another 5 minutes to put in work he'd be drinking out of a straw and looking like he got ran over by a metro bus.

22 days ago
6/17/16

Paulie has nothing to be ashamed about other than fighting terribly... his main goal was obviously to cash a check and he sold the tits off this fight, had people around the world hyped to have him come off the couch to fight the semi-hetired GOAT of MMA in some white trash upstart trailer park fighting league from the county fair grounds in Shitsville, Florida.

Paulie just managed to rake in millions for some promoter who looks like his main business is running a string of franchised pawn shops and RV parks across the south eastern USA. If only he wasn't so old and washed up, he could have turned this whole thing into a lucrative career.

22 days ago
11/14/16
ShanTheMan -

I see a lot of downvotes from people who just don't "get it"

Jokes go right over the head around here at times

22 days ago
1/1/01
Target_the_Gash -

Paulie has nothing to be ashamed about other than fighting terribly... his main goal was obviously to cash a check and he sold the tits off this fight, had people around the world hyped to have him come off the couch to fight the semi-hetired GOAT of MMA in some white trash upstart trailer park fighting league from the county fair grounds in Shitsville, Florida.

Paulie just managed to rake in millions for some promoter who looks like his main business is running a string of franchised pawn shops and RV parks across the south eastern USA. If only he wasn't so old and washed up, he could have turned this whole thing into a lucrative career.

he got lot to be ashamed about I havent seen anyone ever talk that much shit and run the entire fight

22 days ago
3/26/13
ShanTheMan -

Paulie showed nothing but class.  Fought hard,  dominated,  and didnt make a single excuse or complain about the robbery.  A real paisan. 

Class? Since when is spitting on people classy? Paulie is a low rent prick. I'm glad he lost.

22 days ago
10/27/03

Who gives a shit whether he won or lost a close decision.
He was supposed to dominate this fight to show that Conor's knockdown of him was a fluke due to jet lag/exhaustion/being out of shape/thinking it was a friendly spar/whatever other excuse....
Instead it was a close decision against a mediocre MMA fighter that went 2-5 and washed out fo the UFC.