UnderGround Forums Malware on this site...

20 days ago
1/1/01

In an effort to get rid of the malware that some people are seeing on this site, I am trying to put together some screenshots of actual malware, alerts from malware software or anything that will help pinpoint the problems.

One issue is that when I create threads that include videos from one of our video hosts, Brightcove, many people are complaining of malware within the videos.

I personally have never seen malware within the videos I post and there are many of you who also do not see it - perhaps because you have AdBlock/Malwarebytes/etc running. But, there are many of you who have complained that there is, in fact, malware in the videos I post.

This site, to the best of my knowledge, uses 2 different ad platforms. One is used in the Brightcove videos and the other is used on the rest of the site.

For the next 7 days, I'll not post videos from Brightcove to try to see if malware continues in the absence of those videos.

If you care to, please post any screenshots of any malware/adware/etc. in this post. I will be collecting all of them so that I can try to get rid of all malware on the UG.

20 days ago
4/29/09

LOL

20 days ago
2/15/11
There are companies out there that specialize in solving problems like this.

If they gave a $hit to fix it, they would.

Juice is no longer worth the squeeze, about 7 years (or more) too late.

19 days ago
7/16/13

What is the whole purpose of your account? Is it just to mix in with actual posters on the forum and spam videos for revenue?

Edited: 19 days ago
5/24/17

That still doesn't fix the current videos already posted ya twit.

19 days ago
10/30/05

Fuck off Chris

19 days ago
11/20/09

WOW.  This is the first time I'm seeing something that resembles a member or mod from this site inquiring about fixing a site issue. 

Good on ya!

19 days ago
9/24/07
Hit or $h1t? -

In an effort to get rid of the malware that some people are seeing on this site, I am trying to put together some screenshots of actual malware, alerts from malware software or anything that will help pinpoint the problems.

One issue is that when I create threads that include videos from one of our video hosts, Brightcove, many people are complaining of malware within the videos.

I personally have never seen malware within the videos I post and there are many of you who also do not see it - perhaps because you have AdBlock/Malwarebytes/etc running. But, there are many of you who have complained that there is, in fact, malware in the videos I post.

This site, to the best of my knowledge, uses 2 different ad platforms. One is used in the Brightcove videos and the other is used on the rest of the site.

For the next 7 days, I'll not post videos from Brightcove to try to see if malware continues in the absence of those videos.

If you care to, please post any screenshots of any malware/adware/etc. in this post. I will be collecting all of them so that I can try to get rid of all malware on the UG.

Get fucked. 

19 days ago
5/14/08
John Wick - 

What is the whole purpose of your account? Is it just to mix in with actual posters on the forum and spam videos for revenue?

19 days ago
5/14/08

Plus why not just stop using a platform (brightcove) that has fucked over some of your members monetarily? Which is something that still hasnt been addressed. 

19 days ago
1/18/06
Submissable -
John Wick - 

Of course that is the purpose of the whole account but lets be fair and honest here, that in and of itself isn't a problem.  I'd much rather have threads with monetized videos than actual ads all over my frames.

Brightcove is a legimate service.  The whole issue was this site went about it in the most shady fucking way possible (auto-playing, hidden and still auto-playing, etc).

But I gotta be honest too.  Hit or $hit took all the blame for any and all malware regardless if it was coming from his posts or not.  And with the recent issues regarding Target_The_Gash, I think it was misplaced out of sheer coincidence with people like Target_The_Gash posting on those threads.

19 days ago
3/16/15

OP is the biggest cunt on this site.

Go fuck yourself.

This site will never get another penny from me 

19 days ago
5/14/08
TheVandalz - 
Submissable -
John Wick - 

Of course that is the purpose of the whole account but lets be fair and honest here, that in and of itself isn't a problem.  I'd much rather have threads with monetized videos than actual ads all over my frames.

Brightcove is a legimate service.  The whole issue was this site went about it in the most shady fucking way possible (auto-playing, hidden and still auto-playing, etc).

But I gotta be honest too.  Hit or $hit took all the blame for any and all malware regardless if it was coming from his posts or not.  And with the recent issues regarding Target_The_Gash, I think it was misplaced out of sheer coincidence with people like Target_The_Gash posting on those threads.

Youve been dead on with this so far. So I will trust your information. I wish they would get away from the platform that allowed them to be so shady though and start standing behind their words.

19 days ago
1/1/01

For those of you who have nothing constructive to say other than ad hominems, I really hope you're not trying to hurt my feelings. If you are, you are failing miserably, providing nothing positive, and are showing the community your incredibly limited vocabulary. Trolls gonna troll no matter what.

For those of you who actually see this as a real effort to try to get rid of the malware on this site, thank you. It doesn't go unnoticed. If there is any way you can help by posting screenshots in this thread, or adding anything to the thread that you think may help, I would greatly appreciate it. I understand malware is incredibly frustrating and I am trying to combat it.

I post videos and create discussions about them. That's it. I don't have anything directly to do with ads in any way, shape, or form.

For you nay-sayers, what I say doesn't matter, and that's fine, but you're not helping the cause in any way either. "Get fucked" (or worse) or "Hi Chris" does nothing but make you look like an angry kid in your mom's basement. You complain that this place sucks yet you are still here. I don't really get that logic.

I will continue to try to get rid of the malware on this site regardless of how much hate is directed toward me during the process. I have no feelings for you to hurt.

19 days ago
5/14/08
Hit or $h1t? - 

For those of you who have nothing constructive to say other than ad hominems, I really hope you're not trying to hurt my feelings. If you are, you are failing miserably, providing nothing positive, and are showing the community your incredibly limited vocabulary. Trolls gonna troll no matter what.

For those of you who actually see this as a real effort to try to get rid of the malware on this site, thank you. It doesn't go unnoticed. If there is any way you can help by posting screenshots in this thread, or adding anything to the thread that you think may help, I would greatly appreciate it. I understand malware is incredibly frustrating and I am trying to combat it.

I post videos and create discussions about them. That's it. I don't have anything directly to do with ads in any way, shape, or form.

For you nay-sayers, what I say doesn't matter, and that's fine, but you're not helping the cause in any way either. "Get fucked" (or worse) or "Hi Chris" does nothing but make you look like an angry kid in your mom's basement. You complain that this place sucks yet you are still here. I don't really get that logic.

I will continue to try to get rid of the malware on this site regardless of how much hate is directed toward me during the process. I have no feelings for you to hurt.

Why use brightcove?

Edited: 19 days ago
1/18/06
If this site really wants to address malware they need to do the following:

1) Implement server side input validation on ALL user posts.

2) Implement fckconfig.js (Or any similar library) and DISALLOW SCRIPT AND IFRAME CODE FROM BEING RENDERED AT ALL or get rid of the HTML Editor altogether

3) Give me a red name
19 days ago
3/16/15
Hit or $h1t? -

You are the single biggest source of malware on this site.

WTF is wrong with you?

19 days ago
6/14/12
Goochy Mang -

Fuck off Chris

This

19 days ago
6/14/12
b.d. -
Hit or $h1t? -

Get fucked. 

Also, this.

19 days ago
6/14/12
Hit or $h1t? -

Constructive : 

Hi chris.

Mod the vandalz immediately and pay him.

Get fucked.

19 days ago
3/9/11

Who are you op

19 days ago
10/30/05
Hit or $h1t? -

Again. Fuck off. You add nothing to this site but fucking malware and you’re going to call us trolls. You and the top men can all eat a fucking dick. 

19 days ago
4/29/09
6 Late Hammerfists -

Who are you op

You going to fly out and smash him? 

19 days ago
1/24/16
Hit or $h1t? -

"For those of you who actually see this as a real effort to try to get rid of the malware on this site, thank you"

Who are you thanking? Lol

19 days ago
8/31/18

" I create threads that include videos from one of our video hosts, Brightcove"

What do you mean our video hosts? Who is our? What is going in here