UnderGround Forums Masvidal "Brother Ben retired too early"

Edited: 12 days ago
1/23/06

https://www.scmp.com/sport/martial-arts/mixed-martial-arts/article/3039772/ufc-jorge-masvidal-says-ben-askren-retired

“I’ve heard he has hip issues and stuff so I can’t comment on how bad his body is holding up or not,” Masvidal said. “But as far as fighting goes, two losses can’t discourage you if you’re a fighter.”

“He brings in his own crowd, – he was a stand-out in wrestling, especially collegiate wrestling, so he did have a fan base. He did some things over at Bellator and on One FC [One Championship],” Masvidal said. “So he did have a crowd that he brought over with him to the sport, a different type of crowd.”

“But what I don’t like is we’re fighters. We’re supposed to fight, man. You got two losses, it’s no big deal my brother. Get back on the high horse, get to work and figure it out, man.”

12 days ago
1/23/06
12 days ago
4/17/17
Hip replacement surgery is kind of a big deal. Its a career stopper.
Edited: 12 days ago
1/23/06
We Are All One Mean Species - Hip replacement surgery is kind of a big deal. Its a career stopper.

CBD MD promo code BADGUY

12 days ago
1/23/06
12 days ago
4/14/16

sometimes the nail is too much for the hammer

12 days ago
1/8/04
CRE - 

This thumbnail is retarded if true.
11 days ago
9/19/13

Brotherman Ben

11 days ago
8/2/11

"No disrespect to Ben but he was never really a fighter per se" - Justin Gaethje 

11 days ago
8/27/08

That's fine for someone like Jorge, but Askren has other ways to earn money, and he never really enjoyed fighting as much as wrestling competition 

11 days ago
10/14/02
nice of him
11 days ago
10/8/08
love the jesus
11 days ago
11/24/13
ThatsHowIRoll -

"No disrespect to Ben but he was never really a fighter per se" - Justin Gaethje 

Lol did he really say that?

11 days ago
4/14/16
ThatsHowIRoll -

LOL savage

11 days ago
1/1/01
Says something about Masvidal that he still feels the need to get his digs in after ending Ben's career LOL, SMH, Jesus let it go man.
10 days ago
8/2/11
BJTT-BigDaddy -
ThatsHowIRoll -

Lol did he really say that?

Believe you me podcast 

10 days ago
8/14/12
FatBuddha - Says something about Masvidal that he still feels the need to get his digs in after ending Ben's career LOL, SMH, Jesus let it go man.

He was asked by the reporter to comment on bens retirement. I thought his response was pretty mature and mostly supportive. 

10 days ago
3/17/14
Vikingknee -
FatBuddha - Says something about Masvidal that he still feels the need to get his digs in after ending Ben's career LOL, SMH, Jesus let it go man.

He was asked by the reporter to comment on bens retirement. I thought his response was pretty mature and mostly supportive. 

Budda is still bitter about it all, clearly. 

10 days ago
1/1/01
If you guys can't see the subtext, I can't help you LOL. 2 losses wouldn't discourage someone "IF" they were a fighter...you're supposed to fight...not sure how bad hip really is...JESUS READ BETWEEN THE FUCKING LINES LOL.
10 days ago
10/9/10
Vikingknee -

I did as well. It basically sounded like he thought Ben had more to give competitively, and to stick around for a while. 

10 days ago
5/11/05

It speaks volumes that you consider Masvidal the one who ended Ben’s career

Edited: 10 days ago
1/1/01
grandchampion - 

It speaks volumes that you consider Masvidal the one who ended Ben's career

Masvidal sure didn't help prolong Ben's career.

It speaks volumes that you think it speaks volumes.
10 days ago
10/24/10

Most interesting part of this interview is Jorge saying that Colby begged Dan Lambert to go to the White House, who then "called his Skull and Bones brothers" to make it happen. Jorge's a fucking OG!

10 days ago
5/11/05
FatBuddha -
grandchampion - 

It speaks volumes that you consider Masvidal the one who ended Ben's career

Masvidal sure didn't help prolong Ben's career.

It speaks volumes that you think it speaks volumes.

Yeah cuz that flying knee blew out Askren’s hip it landed so hard!

10 days ago
8/20/15

He was very classy and told him he should keep at it. I don't see how you got a negative out of his words.