UnderGround Forums Matt Hughes details train accident (video)

1/18/21 11:41 AM
2/29/16

He's so lucky to be alive.

1/18/21 11:41 AM
2/29/16

1/18/21 11:42 AM
11/23/07

for later

1/18/21 11:55 AM
12/3/13

In

1/18/21 12:40 PM
12/9/02

fuuuuuuuuuuuck. 

he's tougher now than he ever was

1/18/21 12:51 PM
7/7/10

Isn’t he know to beat his wife and tortur animals or we supposed to forget that because he was hit by a train? 

not trolling just want to understand if those claims were true 

1/18/21 1:21 PM
11/8/08
Stea1th -

Isn’t he know to beat his wife and tortur animals or we supposed to forget that because he was hit by a train? 

Yes, we all know about it because he said it in his book. What's the point in bringing it up if he already admitted to it publically?

1/18/21 1:30 PM
11/18/14
JoeHurley -
Stea1th -

Yes, we all know about it because he said it in his book. What's the point in bringing it up if he already admitted to it publically?

not saying I care either way... but it could be worth bringing up, if he appeared able to illicit sympathy from this. stea1th could argue that he perhaps is not entitled to sympathy due to his shitty previous behaviour. just trying to help frame the point for the purpose of discussion 

1/18/21 2:01 PM
7/14/16
mindless optimism - 
JoeHurley -
Stea1th -

not saying I care either way... but it could be worth bringing up, if he appeared able to illicit sympathy from this. stea1th could argue that he perhaps is not entitled to sympathy due to his shitty previous behaviour. just trying to help frame the point for the purpose of discussion 

I didn't read the book, but I have heard he admitted to hitting his wife.

As someone who grew up in that kind of environment, I can say first, it's never ok. Second, sometimes it's understandable. What I mean by that is, it is NOT ok that my dad beat the shit out of my mom. But I understand how it happened because she is a very confrontational person and constantly tries to illicit that sort of response. She would even attack my dad on the few times he decided not to hit her. They are both equally fucked up and both partially at fault. My stepfather is a saint to be able to put up with her and NOT do the things my dad did.

Do I feel like either of them deserve to be hit by a train? No. Would I be broken if they were...? Sadly, I'm not sure I could answer that until it happened. IF it happened though, I highly doubt the first thing that would pop into my head would be to bring up their faults and demons as if it somehow justifies an accident.

1/18/21 2:32 PM
1/1/01

im not one to judge his past and for sure dont condone it  But i do feel bad for the guy

1/18/21 2:50 PM
7/24/16
Stea1th -

Torture's animals? That bothers me a lot more than him supposedly smacking the Mrs.

1/18/21 4:27 PM
11/20/09

Lurker99 great post you made. You expressed the context of your personal story very well.

I somewhat relate to being thankful to have a patient stepdad.

My dad didn't hit my mom but knowing how she is/was I don't know how he managed not to. Not saying he should have, but as her own son I know I even came close to it.

1/18/21 4:36 PM
2/29/16

When Hughes said he contemplated suicide, I believe him.

1/18/21 4:54 PM
1/1/01

Not sure what's tougher to watch:

Hughes talking now after the accident.

or

Hughes talking before the accident.

Context makes either one a hard watch.
1/18/21 4:58 PM
12/3/13
Mandible_Claw -

When you say you believe him, what reason would he otherwise have to lie about it? 

1/18/21 5:54 PM
7/14/16
BringBackHeadbutts - 

Lurker99 great post you made. You expressed the context of your personal story very well.

I somewhat relate to being thankful to have a patient stepdad.

My dad didn't hit my mom but knowing how she is/was I don't know how he managed not to. Not saying he should have, but as her own son I know I even came close to it.

We all have shadows in our past, but we must do our best so those shadows do not cast into our future.
1/18/21 6:02 PM
11/18/14
Lurker99 -
mindless optimism - 
JoeHurley -
Stea1th -

As someone who grew up in that kind of environment, I can say first, it's never ok. Second, sometimes it's understandable. What I mean by that is, it is NOT ok that my dad beat the shit out of my mom. But I understand how it happened because she is a very confrontational person and constantly tries to illicit that sort of response. She would even attack my dad on the few times he decided not to hit her. They are both equally fucked up and both partially at fault. My stepfather is a saint to be able to put up with her and NOT do the things my dad did.

Do I feel like either of them deserve to be hit by a train? No. Would I be broken if they were...? Sadly, I'm not sure I could answer that until it happened. IF it happened though, I highly doubt the first thing that would pop into my head would be to bring up their faults and demons as if it somehow justifies an accident.

jesus dude I'm really sorry to hear that. hope you are ok. don't make me break character and say nice things. fuck everyone!

1/18/21 6:08 PM
7/14/16
mindless optimism - 
Lurker99 -
mindless optimism - 
JoeHurley -
Stea1th -

jesus dude I'm really sorry to hear that. hope you are ok. don't make me break character and say nice things. fuck everyone!

I'm sure a shrink will could find something wrong with me and a few big words to put me in a category. I went down some shitty paths in life before I found the right one. Now I find peace in knowing my children have an awesome life and will never know the bullshit I went through. I give them "dad talks" and use examples from my life to keep them straight, but I find joy in the fact their expressions show they really don't understand how good they have it.
1/18/21 6:16 PM
12/1/05
Stea1th -

That’s in poor taste. Especially on MLK Day.

1/18/21 6:26 PM
2/29/16
Mmaster13 -
Mandible_Claw -

When you say you believe him, what reason would he otherwise have to lie about it? 

Some people recount times in their lives where they contemplated it but it's usually an emotional reaction. In this case, considering his entire life crumbled around him, I feel that he probably wanted to.

1/18/21 6:26 PM
3/6/13
Lurker99 -
mindless optimism - 
JoeHurley -
Stea1th -

Nicely put. VU

1/18/21 6:44 PM
1/1/01
Lurker99 -
mindless optimism - 
Lurker99 -
mindless optimism - 
JoeHurley -
Stea1th -

I'm sure a shrink will could find something wrong with me and a few big words to put me in a category. I went down some shitty paths in life before I found the right one. Now I find peace in knowing my children have an awesome life and will never know the bullshit I went through. I give them "dad talks" and use examples from my life to keep them straight, but I find joy in the fact their expressions show they really don't understand how good they have it.

glad things worked out for u Good posts

1/18/21 7:00 PM
1/1/01

If he's right about the track sign not being visible doesnt he have a massive lawsuit on his hands?

1/18/21 7:08 PM
11/28/03

i hearsd people saying it was attempted suicide, but sure isnt according to that sad video

1/18/21 7:08 PM
6/27/05

Fuck man....