UnderGround Forums McGregor reportedly plans to fight 3x in 2020

5 days ago
1/1/01
Conor McGregor fights Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone in the main event of UFC 246 on January 18, and ESPN’s Ariel Helwani says that's just the beginning of a busy year.

”He has laid out this plan that he wants to fight three times next year,” said Helwani, as transcribed by Jed Meshew for MMA Fighting. “He hasn’t done that in over three years as well, so it’s a pretty lofty goal but he believes that when he is active, then he’s not getting distracted, he’s not getting in trouble, he’s very focused. And people are telling me right now that they haven’t seen him this focused in a very long time. We hear this a lot in the fight game, but he’s going to sleep early, he’s waking up early. He wants to prove to everyone that thinks he’s shot that they are wrong.”

“He wants to fight January 18th – in fact, he wanted to fight in December but the UFC didn’t give him that opportunity. So he wanted to fight at the beginning of the year, then he wants to return towards spring/summer, maybe fight Jorge Masvidal or Nathan Diaz - perhaps that’s why this fight is happening at 170, to prove that he can hang with the welterweights. Then he wants to fight at the end of the year against Khabib Nurmagomedov, if he is still the champion, in Moscow. He really wants to right that wrong... The last fight he got submitted, he wants to right that wrong so he’s hoping that he can win those two fights, get the title fight, and then shut everyone up.”

5 days ago
7/18/11

That’s great but fighting Cowboy doesn’t really prove that he can hang with WW’s considering Cowboy (and Nate) also go up and down weight classes. A true WW would be a tall order for him. 

5 days ago
9/13/14

Not a chance. He's too much of a diva. Money and success has gone to his head. He has no intention of being an active 3x a year fighter.

5 days ago
9/3/12

They would break even just to get Conor back no doubt a few truck loads fulls of money was delivered to Conors bank 

5 days ago
12/25/12

I see him loosing to cowboy then probably retiring.

5 days ago
2/15/06
Conor McGregor Defense Team Triggered

5 days ago
2/14/11

I can see Conor holding at least two belts by the summer of 2021

5 days ago
12/9/02

is this fight even signed?

its not on the ufc website

5 days ago
11/20/05
Outlaw’d by Lytle -

I can see Conor holding at least two belts by the summer of 2021

Lol

5 days ago
10/11/18
No way he fights again in 2020 after this fight unless he's really burned away the majority of his money.
5 days ago
1/21/18

Had to wait for Cowboy to be on a proper losing streak to come out of retirement.

If he wins he will fight once more in the fall at best, and if its against masdival it will probably be his last fight. Masdival will smoke him and make it look easy.

5 days ago
10/12/13
Hopefully no women or old men next year.
5 days ago
3/16/18
Brandonbrazell -

I see him loosing to cowboy then probably retiring.

I agree. Conor gonna lose!  

5 days ago
8/3/19
RightHandOfDOOM -

Had to wait for Cowboy to be on a proper losing streak to come out of retirement.

If he wins he will fight once more in the fall at best, and if its against masdival it will probably be his last fight. Masdival will smoke him and make it look easy.

Did he tell you that himself, did he?

5 days ago
3/22/16
StrikingMMA - Conor McGregor Defense Team Triggered

Helwani getting triggered to the point of his voice cracking has got to be the biggest balls slurping moment Ive ever seen.

He has a point though. After not having a win in over 3 years it makes sense to fight an aging, past his prime Name to get people back on the wagon. The problem most logical people should have is that he will say that a win over a guy that would have 3 straight losses should guarantee him a title shot. Or he fights Nate and will have won 2 in a row vs Cerrone and Nate and somehow THAT makes him a #1 contender. if/when he beats Cerrone, he should take the Gathje fight
5 days ago
9/5/11
SickEye -

That’s great but fighting Cowboy doesn’t really prove that he can hang with WW’s considering Cowboy (and Nate) also go up and down weight classes. A true WW would be a tall order for him. 

What’s a true welterweight when the guys you just said weren’t have had tremendous success at 170. One of your “untrue”(?) welterweights is number three in the world at........wait for it..........welterweight.

Or do you mean “real” welterweights like lineal middleweight champion GSP?  

5 days ago
7/18/11
Malvert the Janitor -
SickEye -

What’s a true welterweight when the guys you just said weren’t have had tremendous success at 170. One of your “untrue”(?) welterweights is number three in the world at........wait for it..........welterweight.

Or do you mean “real” welterweights like lineal middleweight champion GSP?  

Your mother is a true heavyweight. 

5 days ago
12/2/11
SickEye -

Disagree.. Cowboy is a big dude, beat alot of welterweights and was a legit contender at 170.

Edited: 5 days ago
3/10/04

I could see Conor beating Jon Jones by 2021 then possibly challenging Stipe for his strap

5 days ago
1/1/01
I'll believe it when I see it.
5 days ago
10/17/13
I hope he does, the UFC is more interesting with him in it.
Edited: 4 days ago
12/7/18
SickEye -

Except Nate hasn't fought at LW in years, and missed weight against RDA, 2 fights before the Conor fights. Nate is a fully grown big WW full stop. Calling Nate a natural LW is like saying that Conor is still a FW. The last time Nate fought at LW Obama was still president. Coming off the loss to Conor, Nate wrecked Pettis who wrecked top 3 WW Wonderboy. Beating Nate and Cerrone at WW 100% say a lot and prove a lot. Nate and Cerrone are giants whom both of, have had legit success at WW. Colby the best WW on the planet is a small WW who would not be that much bigger then Conor, at all. Size is over rated and hardly means anything

4 days ago
12/7/18
TwentyNineTwentyEight - I hope he does, the UFC is more interesting with him in it.

100% brother. Here is all I will say for now

Cowboy. Masvidal. Khabib:) That's the plan:)

4 days ago
10/12/19

Conors just talking it up acting like he ain't rape anyone 

4 days ago
4/11/10

Cocaine confidence. He’s got it