UnderGround Forums McGregor tries to dismiss Chiesa lawsuit

7 days ago
6/27/05

lol @ this shit

Here’s how TMZ explains it:

McGregor has filed a response to Chiesa’s suit admitting his conduct was “unquestionably inappropriate,” but should not be considered “outrageous.”

So, why does that distinction matter? Because proving “outrageousness” is essential for collecting damages when it comes to intentional infliction of emotional distress.

McGregor also argues that his actions were “clearly not directed at [Chiesa] at all” — which the judge should consider in evaluating the “outrageousness” of the incident.

In his court docs, McGregor also claims Chiesa has failed to prove that he suffered any real emotional distress from the incident — noting that he’s a “seasoned combat sports fighter” … and therefore should be used to physical trauma.

7 days ago
7/27/11

IIED claims rarely win, and even when they do, there’s no specific reason why. Judges get nervous enforcing them because of how loosely defined they are. 

7 days ago
3/18/12

Yep, attempting a terrorist attack with your group of goons is not outrageous. 

The punishment is not over. He already took a serious ass whooping by Khabib, now time to pay up. 

Once that is done, Khabib will be there to whoop that ass once again. 

7 days ago
2/24/07
BreakALegAndy! - 

The punishment is not over. He already took a serious ass whooping by Khabib, now time to pay up. 

No surprise you’re the type of pussy to call throwing a dolly at a bus a terrorist act.

Get out in the real world woman
7 days ago
3/18/12
FrontBroRian -
BreakALegAndy! - 

No surprise you’re the type of pussy to call throwing a dolly at a bus a terrorist act.

Your boy gone and fucked up. He is lucky the rep was in there to save him from Khabib. IMO he got off the hook too easy with Khabib.

7 days ago
2/24/07
BreakALegAndy! - 
FrontBroRian -
BreakALegAndy! - 

Your boy gone and fucked up. He is lucky the rep was in there to save him from Khabib. IMO he got off the hook too easy with Khabib.

I don’t like Conor. Was happy to see Khabib whoop his ass.

Doesn’t change the fact is a bitch move to sue when you didn’t lose a penny
7 days ago
3/18/12
FrontBroRian -
BreakALegAndy! - 
FrontBroRian -
BreakALegAndy! - 

I don’t like Conor. Was happy to see Khabib whoop his ass.

Doesn’t change the fact is a bitch move to sue when you didn’t lose a penny

You like Conor, you’re always defending him when you’re not defending Jon. You’re the bitch move. 

7 days ago
9/19/13

I demand transparency on which circumstances Chiesa was not cleared to fight and who did not clear him to fight. I demand to know if there was anyone else negotiating that besides Chiesa and the person making that decision.

7 days ago
7/9/07

McGregor proving that $$$ buys real lawyers, not internet arm chair lawyers that Borg got.  He will get off without paying a dollar as he should.  

7 days ago
7/27/11
thestaton -

McGregor proving that $$$ buys real lawyers, not internet arm chair lawyers that Borg got.  He will get off without paying a dollar as he should.  

Like I said IIED claims are VERY hard to prove.

Although I’m sure the armchair legal experts of the OG, many of which are uneducated, know better.

7 days ago
9/22/11

Hope mike gets a mill or 2.

The dirty little fucker needs to pay up.

7 days ago
2/3/11

Americans and your lawsuits....

7 days ago
5/5/13
Eric Bloodaxe -

Americans and your lawsuits....

7 days ago
1/5/11

Conor was a meathead that night, and he should and justifiably will lose some $. The ones that couldn't fight should be compensated, and they will be.

No doubt rose was rattled. None. Glass shards blow everywhere when a window like that pops. Borg took a splinter in the eye, knocked him out of a payday. Chiesa? I dunno... He did get a cut on forehead, nothing good to have just before a fight, so he shouldn't have to deal W Conor's temper tantrum. So that's that.

Conor will pay some, and I hope that some of the fans grow up a bit. You have a hissy fit and throw shit around, you should expect a slap on the wrist.

The whole thing was funny, but bills are coming due, and Conor has to pay up.

Edited: 7 days ago
11/17/07
McGregor made him lose that fight purse paycheck (win or loss), because he injured him so he couldn't fight that night, so he should get something. But as far as feelings and shit that's a bit of stretch to get more money. Conor's so rich, but he could easily pay for whatever hes asking for, its reasonable I'm sure, he can afford it.
7 days ago
7/28/09

Unfortunately for Conor, I think he loses this one in court. 

7 days ago
2/24/07
choadler - 

Conor was a meathead that night, and he should and justifiably will lose some $. The ones that couldn't fight should be compensated, and they will be.

No doubt rose was rattled. None. Glass shards blow everywhere when a window like that pops. Borg took a splinter in the eye, knocked him out of a payday. Chiesa? I dunno... He did get a cut on forehead, nothing good to have just before a fight, so he shouldn't have to deal W Conor's temper tantrum. So that's that.

Conor will pay some, and I hope that some of the fans grow up a bit. You have a hissy fit and throw shit around, you should expect a slap on the wrist.

The whole thing was funny, but bills are coming due, and Conor has to pay up.

They didn’t lose any money, at all
7 days ago
11/20/05

McGregor is a dirt bag, nothing new.

Edited: 7 days ago
9/19/13

He will likely settle out of court. McGregor's time is probably more valuable in the several days he would need to fly out for the court date than he will end up paying for the lawsuit.

7 days ago
5/14/13
FrontBroRian -
BreakALegAndy! - 

You talk a very tough game, but where in the real world do you see a group of 15 men running about attempting to board a bus, and attack it with a sack barrow?

Guaranteed, if you were on that bus you'd have shit your pants. 

7 days ago
10/17/18
Stu Cazzo -
oranos -

What were Chiesa's injuries? He had a small cut on his forehead? 

Also where the fuck is Ray Borg with his bullshit claiming he got an eye injury from the glass while wearing his glasses? You remember that fucking clown ?

Whatever it was - he wasn’t medically cleared to fight because of it.

He’s at least owed his show money imo.  

Show and win.  

7 days ago
10/26/05
oranos - 
FrontBroRian -
Steven McTowelie - 
Al Cappucino -
FrontBroRian - Chiesa is such a bitch for suing. Everyone wants a hand out these days

You Sir, are correct

Don’t forget about how much of a bitch McGregor is for what he did in the first place.

Act like a bitch, get treated in kind.

He tried to hype a fight by throwing a dolly at a bus. One foot lower it hits the metal and that’s it. The promo got out of hand and yes, he should have to pay and I believe he did. I think he was charged with misdemeanor property destruction or something, had to pay for damage to the bus, and doncommunity service.

Now all the big badass ufc fighters claiming trauma and distress is pathetic. Same people that get in a small fender bender and show up to court in a huge neckbrace and body cast with no injuries.

I have to agree here. I think he didn't even mean to throw it at the window. I think he was just trying to hit the side of the bus.

Agree
7 days ago
3/18/12
The Pendulum -
FrontBroRian -
BreakALegAndy! - 

You talk a very tough game, but where in the real world do you see a group of 15 men running about attempting to board a bus, and attack it with a sack barrow?

Guaranteed, if you were on that bus you'd have shit your pants. 

He’d either be hiding behind Rose or under the seat. 

7 days ago
2/26/17

Michael Chiesa would have likely been the one to fight Khabib on that card considering he was the highest ranked lightweight and the NYSAC was only going to allow the highest ranked fighter to fight for the belt. They wouldn't sanction Felder because he wasn't ranked high enough. So he lost out on the extra pay and exposure of Main Eventing a UFC PPV and an oppurtunity for the title. 

6 days ago
12/5/15

Yea nothing outrageous about flying 20 guys to swarm a bus then throwing a dolly at the window and shattering it then running away from scene.